So doing a backup with Desktop Manager and then restoring another PlayBook or after reloading an OS...does what?? The back up file is 925mb (no media) but after restore I have no bookmarks, saved wifi networks, app settings ect...

Anyone else noticing this?? Am I missing something??
    05-01-11 02:08 PM
    ***bump***
    05-01-11 06:51 PM
    bump would love to know the answer
    06-04-11 12:35 PM
    i had to do a Security Wipe and had exactly the results you described. Lost my bookmarks and WiFi settings.
    06-04-11 12:41 PM
    Just did a os software reload using DM and lost all bookmarks added to the homescreen as well as those bookmarked in the browser. Really frustrating after spending the last few weeks marking all of my favorite websites.....

The Hankster
    Last edited by hankster1988; 06-26-11 at 07:59 AM. Reason: spelling
    06-26-11 07:58 AM
    i just did it a couple days ago.

i backed up using DM, and all was restored as expected.

the only thing that wasn't restored was my NFS game progress.
    06-26-11 08:20 AM
    When I did the Security Wipe to get jpg's working in bridge, my restoration successfully restored my bookmarks, homepage and other settings. Since the thread now spans a few different OS's, it is hard to tell what may be occurring. I did my backup, wipe, restore on the just prior OS.
    06-26-11 10:35 AM
    Please tell me how are you folks backing up your playbook? Mine fails each and everytime.

this is getting annoying due to the fact I got tons of work and play stuff on it and would be nice to back up...
    07-22-11 09:00 PM
    There are several threads that deal with this issue. Its a bit of a catch22 if you are having problems backing up because the cure for the backup problem seems to be doing a wipe and and clean install of the latest OS. It worked for me but that necessarily meant losing bookmarks, etc. But once done, I was able to completely back-up, so I went ahead and set up all the lost settings, backed up, and then the next time I did the Security Wipe drill, I was able to restore the settings.
    07-22-11 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD