Once you have backed up your PB do keep all of your back ups or just the most recent? Since data (for me anyway) changes everyday storage has become a concern, I wonder does DM do incremental backup to the original back up?
    02-17-12 02:22 PM
    As far as I can tell on a Mac the DM does backup and saves them with dates, and whether it was full or just apps/media etc.
    So, if something were to go wrong I could go back to a preferred date and restore stuff
    I don't add a lot of stuff onto the PB, so do backups less frequently (as compared to my work laptop)

P.S. Dont have a PC so no ideas on that front
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-17-12 02:25 PM
    I do full backups every 2 or 3 days and keep the backup files around for months since I have plenty of disk space.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-17-12 02:29 PM
    I do full backups every 2 or 3 days and keep the backup files around for months since I have plenty of disk space.
    I have plenty of drive space plus an 750GB external drive, but with movies and all the backups can eat that up HD space in no time. The problem with DM is that it doesn't remember what it backed up so it duplicates data that is already backed up.
    02-17-12 02:37 PM
    I do frequent backups on phone and PB, but I only keep the most recent two or three. I delete the rest.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-17-12 03:40 PM
    I manually backup what I will call data which includes all of the files in all of the pb folders that I can see in Win Explorer. Most of those files probably already existed on my computer (my old mp3 player, my kindle3, my laptop, etc). That would include music, photos, videos, pdf files, etc. The only changes to that data that occur are stuff shot with the pb including new Camera photos and videos, maybe a voice item and items that I download. So really I have multiple copies of all of that.

Once I got backup running, now I backup Settings and AppData (which appears to be the app and maybe its data???). I have room, so, so far, I've got multiple copies. I am planning on cleaning up once OS2 ships and is loaded. We shall see if I follow through.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-17-12 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD