Hi crackberryfans,
    I'm an italian follower and finally got my playbook from about 3 weeks, imported from the states.
    Well no doubt about sayng that it's just an amazing tablet and I can do almost evrything with it, but today I noticed something strange...
    I was just settling down my PB on my desk and noticed it just "danced onto his back"
    so i turned it searching for something that was under my PB but had to notice that the back of my PB ain't flat!!!
    It seems like at the height of the stylisk berry symbol the surface ain't flat, it seems like a bump..
    The question is, have you the same problem (if it's a problem) or could it be a factory fault??
    11-01-11 03:38 PM
    There are a few threads about this. We have two PB's. One is almost flat and the other has a large bump on the back. When they are in their cases in not noticable. We returned the one with the bump a few times and the new replacement had the same size or larger bump. Finally gave up and bought cases.

Only time will tell if it causes any issues.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 03:44 PM
    mine also has a bump not really a bother unless its directly on a hard surface. i use mine on the neoprene case usually so i don't really notice it
    11-01-11 03:57 PM
    Yes, I didn't noticed until today when I used it on my desk, cause I've always had my PB in my hands or on the neoprene case, but it's such a shame using the keyboard while the PB dances on his bump!!
    11-01-11 04:00 PM
    This is news to me. I was under the impression it was designed this way. My playbook (which does include this subtle curvature) is a very early model, purchased 24 hours after release while on a trip to San Francisco.

I personally don't have any problem with it. As an aside, I was initially worried that the edges of the logo would wear due to them always touching whatever surface the device is resting on, but this has not been a problem in the slightest.

--
    Very happy PlayBook owner
    11-01-11 04:02 PM
    Mine is pregnant too.
    11-01-11 04:03 PM
    I am lump free

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    11-01-11 04:12 PM
    Hi crackberryfans,
    I'm an italian follower and finally got my playbook from about 3 weeks, imported from the states.
    Well no doubt about sayng that it's just an amazing tablet and I can do almost evrything with it, but today I noticed something strange...
    I was just settling down my PB on my desk and noticed it just "danced onto his back"
    so i turned it searching for something that was under my PB but had to notice that the back of my PB ain't flat!!!
    It seems like at the height of the stylisk berry symbol the surface ain't flat, it seems like a bump..
    The question is, have you the same problem (if it's a problem) or could it be a factory fault??
    It's a common occurrence. See:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-607053/

I can tell that it depends on the batch. All playbooks that I got from Staples had the bulge, and it was huge. Playbooks that my friends got from Walmart didn't have the bulge or it was too little to notice.
    davine81 likes this.
    11-01-11 04:17 PM
    Thank you @ferganer!!
    11-01-11 04:33 PM
    I bought my pb in Australia. It's got made in Taiwan and it's totally flat backed.

The box also identifies that the accessories were made in China.
    11-01-11 07:48 PM
    Bump in mine too. Also, pressing down just above the speaker when it's laying flat results in a little "click sound" when my finger is lifting off.

I use the leather convertible case, so none of these problems are an issue (since I don't see the back or have to worry about pressing/dropping/whatever the PB). I highly recommend this accessory, get the official version on Amazon for way cheaper than in stores.
    11-01-11 07:53 PM
    Slight bump but didn't seem to bother laying flat with the Acase I have on it now. Bought from Staples.
    11-01-11 07:58 PM
    I have 3 PBs all bought from Staples. the two 16gigs I bought were basically flat but my 32gig has a lump, aside from it being a bit annoying when you set it down and its not flat, not a big issue.
    11-01-11 09:11 PM
    My 64GB is flatter than a march haire..
    11-01-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD