How do you make your pic fit as your back ground. Every time I set a pic its way to big and only half of it shows up on my back ground.

I did a search and i didnt find anything im guessing I did something wrong.
    12-31-12 02:18 PM
    To set a picture as wallpaper, select the picture in the photos file, swipe down from the top, and hit Set as Wallpaper. Playbook pictures should be 1024 x 1024 for optimal usage as wallpaper; that way the picture will be centered in either portrait or landscape. What shows is the center of the picture. Pictures 1024 x 600 will work in landscape. There are various threads here on cropping pictures to use as wallpaper, and a few apps that will allow you to do it.
    12-31-12 04:22 PM
    yes but even with all that it does not set the background in the "proper size" they get "ZOOMED IN".... this is the only thing that bothers me on the PB...I have made TONS of wallpapers and you have to make it so it "fits properly" it does this so the wallpaper you choose will fit both oriantations (land/port) so what I do is just make it landscape as I laways lock my oriantation to landscape anyways
    12-31-12 05:07 PM
    yes but even with all that it does not set the background in the "proper size" they get "ZOOMED IN".... this is the only thing that bothers me on the PB...I have made TONS of wallpapers and you have to make it so it "fits properly" it does this so the wallpaper you choose will fit both oriantations (land/port) so what I do is just make it landscape as I laways lock my oriantation to landscape anyways
    That's how all devices with portrait/landscape home screens work.
    Here's a template for iPad wallpapers that shows how they're scaled.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-31-12 05:09 PM
    yes thats true BUT other devices don't ZOOM IN the background like the PB does... you just don't SEE parts of the backgroound when switching from port to land or vice versa...but the pic remains untouched (or unscaled) when you set a background as your wallpaper
    12-31-12 05:25 PM
    There is an app called Perfect Wallpaper Setter, you can use for setting the wallpaper correctly. It's in app world.
    wafa510 likes this.
    12-31-12 10:36 PM
    I have that app, 'perfect wallpaper setter' and it works perfectly. I was very frustrated by the zoomed in background pics as well, as I change it frequently. The app will solve your problems and you can also crop the pics so you can focus on part of a picture to use as a background rather than the whole thing.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-01-13 10:40 AM
    01-01-13 01:28 PM
    There is an app called Perfect Wallpaper Setter, you can use for setting the wallpaper correctly. It's in app world.
    Thank you for mentioning this app...I too was frustrated on how certain wallpapers looked on the playbook, this app fixed all the problems, thanks!
    01-01-13 02:56 PM