Funny thing is the charger was shipped eventually from somewhere in NS - so what happened to me wasn't rim but the newfies out east. Lol
    NS <> Newfies.
    Got a map?
    Last edited by Angus_CB; 08-30-12 at 09:29 AM.
    DC506 likes this.
    08-30-12 09:01 AM
    I have had to RMA a 16GB playbook (dead pixels) and my current 64GB playbook (depleted battery). My customer service experience with the 16GB model was pleasant but not so much with the 64GB. My troubles began after the 64GB playbook was replaced. I could not activate the replacement device and so the saga began. I found the first level of support to be competent and courteous but limited in what they could approve. I too was promised call backs and told a RMA was underway only to find out it was not the case. I am now into the second week of trying to get RIM to RMA my replacement device. However, an analyst has been assigned to my case and now I receive return calls when promised. He also informed me he, as an analyst, could get the RMA started but the RMA team has the authority to ask that more troubleshooting be performed. So outside of the OP's original statement about his phone number being blocked, his experience with support is not unique.
    08-30-12 09:05 AM
    My first playbook has some issues with the speakers, they sent me a new playbook withing 48 hours no questions asked.

Top notch customer service. Not sure what is going on in the UK.
    08-30-12 09:16 AM
    NS <> Newfies.
    Got a map?
    Oh, come on, one province or territory in the Great White North is the same as another, eh! All snowy and cold. Besides, how many Maple Trees in British Columbia?
    08-30-12 11:59 AM
    Why don't you just return it to the place you bought it from - don't move from the cash counter and curse them in front of everyone so that they know they cannot mess around with a consumer.

Only a crying baby is heard.
    If I was in the queue behind the OP at the cashier and he started waling I might be tempted to shove a pacifier into their mouth.
    08-30-12 12:42 PM
    Besides, how many Maple Trees in British Columbia?
    Answer: Types of Maple Trees in British Columbia | eHow.com

While Texans are proud of their "Don't Mess with Texas" motto, in Canada we prefer to take a sweeter approach to conflict resolution - we are so sweet we give you cavities.
    08-30-12 12:46 PM
    Answer: Types of Maple Trees in British Columbia | eHow.com

While Texans are proud of their "Don't Mess with Texas" motto, in Canada we prefer to take a sweeter approach to conflict resolution - we are so sweet we give you cavities.
    I knew I was going to get called on that - MAPLE as in MAPLE syrup! Yes, we have plenty of vine maple and big leaf maple (I had not looked yet and I see there are two more which might exist on this side of the BC border) on this side of the border but are not known for our syrup trees!
    Last edited by F2; 08-30-12 at 03:59 PM.
    08-30-12 03:54 PM
    good to see i'm not the only one to experience bad customer service from RIM. sounds like many others have had very similar experiences. i guess like so many things, when you first complain it just depends who you get on the day. some staff are good at their jobs (which will lead to good service and a problem being solved) and others are not very good or just plain crap - this can then snowball into a storm.

i did call the shop where i bought the PB, and like the other poster above they have no more PB's in stock. so i'm better off dealing with RIM. A new replacement is supposed to turn up tomorrow (Friday). But then I was promised a call today to confirm and that never happened, so we'll see.

interesting point to note, yesterday after the quite pushy and agressive call back I got from RIM, when I mentioned this to the manager who's finally looking after my case she said there was NO RECORD of anyone calling me from RIM.

she said that all call centre staff have to make notes of who they speak to etc etc and there were no notes. Now that's not what i call good customer service, that's more like lying or arse covering or similar. it's anything but good service...

Anyway, lets see if a new PB turns up and they're true to their word...

Oh, and to our cousins over the pond - service in the UK is like this all the time. ask anyone who's flown British Airways or Ryan Air or banked with Barclays or RBS... lol... it's usually independent retailers where the good service is...
    08-30-12 07:04 PM
    Because the OP cannot be delt with using basic common courtesy, I took this as it fills the equation perfectly. This is the reason RIM will fail. OP you are making a foolish statement and I will guarantee unless you are going some nut jobs in planes to fly in RIM
    08-30-12 07:11 PM
    Because the OP cannot be delt with using basic common courtesy, I took this as it fills the equation perfectly. This is the reason RIM will fail. OP you are making a foolish statement and I will guarantee unless you are going some nut jobs in planes to fly in RIM
    What evidence do you have that the OP hasn't used common courtesy? Just because they've come on a forum to vent it doesn't men they've said anything nasty to the call centre operatives. The only thing they've done is put the phone down on an "aggressive and pushy" operative who wanted them to pointlessly do an OS reload - something I've had to do myself to placate RIM's support operatives who seemed to think an OS reload would fix dead pixels...

By the sounds of it the OP asked to speak to a supervisor and now things are moving. Again, this is not discourteous. Sometimes the person on first line can't fix your problem sticking to their script and you need to be escalated. No harm there.

Just because you want to believe that RIM are the greatest, it doesn't mean the OP doesn't have a valid point to make. Just because you or a close relative may have had a fantastic experience, it does not follow that everyone else will too.

Let's hope that these issues are resolved to both the OP's and RIM's satisfaction before placing curses on anyone, shall we?
    08-31-12 03:28 AM
    well said mate, thank you. and spot on.

i seriously cannot believe the mental age of some of the posters here - are some of you like 12 years old or something? "RIM are the bestest ever in the whole wide world, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah" - grow up some of you.

i've obviously been soooo problematic for RIM that a new PB arrived today and works perfectly. RIM have also sent me the speedy travel charger to say sorry.

management i've spoken to have said my comments and insights into how things have been handled have actually been very helpful to them. i guess they don't often have customers that are that vocal.

yes i've had a dreadful experience with RIM's customer service - and infact today after the new PB arrived, i tried to call them to say it had arrived but do you think i could find someone with half a brain to even take a message or deal with things? no.

the manager who'd taken charge had said to feel free to call her and always just ask for her by name, but no - i get some who kept asking and asking and asking for a ticket number and would not leave "the script" and insisted they didn't have the technology or means to even transfer calls. is that a lie or bad training or incompetance? or all 3? i'd been transferred over half a dozen times before in the last week when calling them.

anyway... story's been resolved, albiet in a pretty crappy way. i'm happy to have a functioning PB now, but certainly won't be singing RIM's praises to anyone for a long time - quite the reverse infact.
    08-31-12 07:10 PM
    PS... and 'madman0141' - sorry mate but your comment actually made no sense at all. not sure what RIM's bad customer service has to do with 9-11 and terrorists flying planes into buildings?

sounds like you should be working for RIM mate, you'd be great in one of their call centres answering the phones and not listening to people, misunderstanding them and talking crap.

08-31-12 07:15 PM
    FIXED your post!
    good to see i'm not the only one to experience bad customer service from RIM. sounds like A FEW others have had very similar experiences. i guess like so many things, when you first complain it just depends who you get on the day. some staff are good at their jobs (which will lead to good service and a problem being solved) and others are not very good or just plain crap - this can then snowball into a storm.

i did call the shop where i bought the PB, and like the other poster above they have no more PB's in stock. so i'm better off dealing with RIM. A new replacement is supposed to turn up tomorrow (Friday). But then I was promised a call today to confirm and that never happened, so we'll see.

interesting point to note, yesterday after the quite pushy and agressive call back I got from RIM, when I mentioned this to the manager who's finally looking after my case she said there was NO RECORD of anyone calling me from RIM.

she said that all call centre staff have to make notes of who they speak to etc etc and there were no notes. Now that's not what i call good customer service, that's more like lying or arse covering or similar. it's anything but good service...

Anyway, lets see if a new PB turns up and they're true to their word...

Oh, and to our cousins over the pond - service in the UK is like this all the time. ask anyone who's flown British Airways or Ryan Air or banked with Barclays or RBS... lol... it's usually independent retailers where the good service is...
    08-31-12 11:37 PM
    I have had to RMA a 16GB playbook (dead pixels) and my current 64GB playbook (depleted battery). My customer service experience with the 16GB model was pleasant but not so much with the 64GB. My troubles began after the 64GB playbook was replaced. I could not activate the replacement device and so the saga began. I found the first level of support to be competent and courteous but limited in what they could approve. I too was promised call backs and told a RMA was underway only to find out it was not the case. I am now into the second week of trying to get RIM to RMA my replacement device. However, an analyst has been assigned to my case and now I receive return calls when promised. He also informed me he, as an analyst, could get the RMA started but the RMA team has the authority to ask that more troubleshooting be performed. So outside of the OP's original statement about his phone number being blocked, his experience with support is not unique.
    **Update**

One day after my previous post, I received a call with a guarantee of an RMA. That day, all the necessary paperwork was completed. Today, I received the return packaging and shipped my replacement device back to RIM. I finally see light at the end of the tunnel. But, I keep reminding myself that two weeks ago I received a defective replacement unit for my original Playbook. But I'm hopefully this time I will receive a functional device.
    09-01-12 02:05 AM
    tyshone:

Good luck with this new transaction.
    DC506 likes this.
    09-01-12 09:18 AM
    Cool, then you were lucky. I find it mad people here immediately jump to the defence of a company just because they have had a better customer experience than the next guy. shame more people don't act like this in real life. especially the who posted saying his bull-ometer was off the scale or whatever his stupid comment was. no mate, no one here is writing bull - they are writing about their EXPERIENCES with bad customer service.

anyway - i've not got a direct contact in the directors office in customer care. nice guy, very helpful and agrees that i had terrible service. to say sorry he sent me a free playbook keyboard. but guess what? it didn't work! lol ...a second one arrived yesterday, so will test that one out next.
    10-20-12 08:09 AM
    I have very good experience with rim customer service.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-21-12 08:42 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD