Hey guys, I do not work for them but I want to spread the word about a 1 day sale on 64GB Blackberry Playbooks for only $149! I don't know if they ship international but I do know it can take an extra week or two for your item to show up after you order from them. I've ordered from them about 6 times and have never been let down. Check it out! BTW, there is no sales tax (at least for us here in Nebraska, and the shipping is free)

Main Daily Deal, 1 Sale A Day
    Mecca EL, axllebeer and mikeplus1 like this.
    06-30-13 12:07 PM
    The PlayBook is dead

Sent from my WhiteBerry Z10
    fanchettes and luqman24 like this.
    06-30-13 12:17 PM
    For that same price (or a little extra) you can snag either a Nexus 7 or one of the now discounted Nook HD tablets. Why recommend the dead end PlayBook?
    antiRIM, blacks66 and luqman24 like this.
    06-30-13 12:20 PM
    The deal would be more awesome (and enticing to me personally) if they were being sold for $100 each.
    06-30-13 01:14 PM
    For that same price (or a little extra) you can snag either a Nexus 7 or one of the now discounted Nook HD tablets. Why recommend the dead end PlayBook?
    LOL, there are more dead end tablets out there than not, but I did not read the OP as a recommendation so much as I read it providing information for someone who would like a great deal on a very good 64gb tablet, while I read your post as running down a good tablet and trying to compare it to the "discounted" Nook HD which never could compete with the specs of the playbook (no front or rear camera for starters) and the Nexus 7, both with a whopping 8gb for same price or the 16gb version for $50 more and all for a google tablet with otherwise similar specs, no thanks.
    06-30-13 01:29 PM
    LOL, there are more dead end tablets out there than not, but I did not read the OP as a recommendation so much as I read it providing information for someone who would like a great deal on a very good 64gb tablet, while I read your post as running down a good tablet and trying to compare it to the "discounted" Nook HD which never could compete with the specs of the playbook (no front or rear camera for starters) and the Nexus 7, both with a whopping 8gb for same price or the 16gb version for $50 more and all for a google tablet with otherwise similar specs, no thanks.
    Nook HD plus has a faster processor (1.5Ghz OMAP 4470 vs 1 Ghz OMAP 4430), more powerful GPU (SGX 544 vs slower clocked SGX540), much better screen (1080p vs 1024x720), bigger screen (9 inches vs 7 inches), Expandable memory, way better battery life.
    And it's $149, the same price as the 'deal' for a dead end tablet.

Nook HD+ now has access to the Google Play market and apps, so it has access to 700k apps and games...along with Google's app suite.

The only trade off is the cameras but to say it 'does not compete on specs with the PlayBook' is to showcase a stunning level of ignorance.

Yes, this is a BlackBerry biased site, but at this stage - after the no BB10 on Playbook debacle - it is nigh criminal to encourage someone to buy a PlayBook right now except at bargain basement prices.
    06-30-13 01:42 PM
    expect to see a huge fire sale on all playbooks now.

This one may be a one day sale but I see all retailers, online and otherwise, dumping thier playbook inventory as rock bottom prices. May even sell them at less than cost to ditch them for tax reasons to declare a loss as they won't sell many at market prices now (and they will be taxed anyway on inventory).

I bet before long all playbooks will be $99 or less until they are gone.
    06-30-13 01:45 PM
    Hmmmmmm so tempting ...decisions , decisions , decisions......
    06-30-13 02:19 PM
    Nook HD plus has a faster processor (1.5Ghz OMAP 4470 vs 1 Ghz OMAP 4430), more powerful GPU (SGX 544 vs slower clocked SGX540), much better screen (1080p vs 1024x720), bigger screen (9 inches vs 7 inches), Expandable memory, way better battery life.
    And it's $149, the same price as the 'deal' for a dead end tablet.

Nook HD+ now has access to the Google Play market and apps, so it has access to 700k apps and games...along with Google's app suite.

The only trade off is the cameras but to say it 'does not compete on specs with the PlayBook' is to showcase a stunning level of ignorance.

Yes, this is a BlackBerry biased site, but at this stage - after the no BB10 on Playbook debacle - it is nigh criminal to encourage someone to buy a PlayBook right now except at bargain basement prices.
    No camera and 1/8 the memory are the real deal breakers for the Barnes and Noble nook hd, but you are quoting specs for the 9" Nook hd+ rather than the slower, sluggish, cheaper 7" Nook hd which was being compared above, the proc speed nor the the gpu difference will make me buy it anyway, but the specs for the 7" Nexus 7 are 1GB RAM and either 8GB (priced at $199 in US) or 16GB ($249) of onboard storage. Again the OP was not trying to encourage or discourage anyone from buying anything like yourself even with your name calling, but was merely passing along useful information about a BlackBerry product on a BlackBerry forum unlike yourself and they did it without name calling or suggesting it is nigh criminal. Everyone has a choice to buy the tablet they like and that fits their needs.
    06-30-13 02:21 PM
    For real, been there, done that, all set.
    Good for you but we need newbies.
    06-30-13 02:58 PM
    Geez, I have really been out of the loop. Had I known that BB10 was not coming to the PB I probably wouldn't have posted this announcement earlier. I still have plenty of uses for mine but wow, what a way to string people along with false hopes all the while they are investing their time and money staying loyal to their platform. What I don't get is how they aren't expecting to make any money? I mean, apps do generate revenue and a few million app buying PB users aren't worth sinking a few million dollars in bringing BB10 to the PB? Here is an idea, let's cut BB's F1 advertising budget and direct that money towards something that will make them money, the PB user.
    Last edited by travisp11; 06-30-13 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Grammatical
    06-30-13 11:02 PM
    texazzpete, check my later reply to my post...
    06-30-13 11:03 PM
    I have a 32GB Playbook that I bought on launch day for $600 plus tax and I still think that that thing is a damn rip off. Slow browser, no big name apps besides games like Instagram, Netflix, Hulu ect. No BB10 coming either. If they have atleast updated the Android player to Jelly Bean, that would atleast allow us to use basically any android app and probably Netflix as well. I wouldn't recommend this to my customers or friends anymore. The next gen nexus 7 is on the way and I think that would kill any more sales of the Playbook even though last weeks disappointing news killed it already. I used to be a Blackberry fan but these non stop lies have put the company in the position they are right now and have also caused me to turn against them and stop supporting them. Was planning on buying the A10 this fall but that changed after they broke another promise last week. I cant trust this company anymore. Please stop promoting this product any further, its nothing more than a dead end and a rip off now. Im planning on selling mine once the next gen Nexus 7 goes on sale, which will obviously be a lot more functional, and be done with blackberry for good. I don't care about them anymore, they take their customers for granted and end up f*cking us over time after time especially their loyal ones and its time to make them pay the price. Its been a great 5 years doing business with them and unfortunately it has come to an end and there is no one but the company to blame. With that said, **** off Blackberry!
    06-30-13 11:42 PM
    It's dead, dont but it

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:49 PM
    It lives...buy two.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:54 PM
    Are you drunk?
    Why someone would buy a paperweight for 149$?
    I can get one for 5$ at Staples.
    06-30-13 11:54 PM
    They say never beat a dead horse. But have you ever tried it? It's a freaking blast!! Until the farmer finds you.

Posted via CB10
    the_real_mikeyb likes this.
    07-02-13 06:31 AM