A working free Video Chat on Playbook AV by AOL - Let's video chat!
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-14-12 08:13 AM
    nice they finally got it working...i have been trying for months!
    06-14-12 12:21 PM
    Just tried it with my daughter...worked fine (slight delay ..not to bad )
    Finally one that works!
    06-14-12 01:10 PM
    Finally one that works!
    06-14-12 01:10 PM
    Seems to have an ECHO!

I tried it ages ago with my sister but she could not find something to work on her ipad. Is there something on the apple side?
    No it doesn't work on the iPad. Yes, I know it is extraordinary but true - there is a product that works on pb but not ipad!:
    fbloise likes this.
    06-14-12 02:59 PM
    Finally one that works!
    Seems to have an ECHO!

I tried it ages ago with my sister but she could not find something to work on her ipad. Is there something on the apple side?
    06-14-12 03:52 PM
    Thanks saved on homepage
    06-14-12 04:08 PM
    Lmao ah ya it works it has worked for over a year along with realportal. Old news.
    06-14-12 04:33 PM
    it only needs a flash player ,i think ipad 2 & 3 only supports Flash player, aren't they !??
    06-14-12 07:35 PM
    it only needs a flash player ,i think ipad 2 & 3 only supports Flash player, aren't they !??
    That may be the problem - I don't think any ipads support Flash. I don't know about their laptops.
    06-14-12 07:56 PM
    It worked with my daughters laptop (mac)....not with my wife's ipad. At least it works with another device sound/video....
    Y
    06-14-12 08:44 PM
    Ipad ipod & iphone don't support flash
    06-14-12 10:05 PM
    Ipad ipod & iphone don't support flash
    Yes you are right

So ironically, the one real advantage the pb has over the ipad (flash) is the reason that the pb still finds itself restricted in not having a cross platform video chat facility. I must confess that I got excited for a moment when I saw that this AOL a/v thing worked on a playbook only to have my hopes dashed when testing it with an ipad.
    06-15-12 02:30 AM
    A working free Video Chat on Playbook AV by AOL - Let's video chat!
    Yes, I like it
    06-15-12 02:48 AM
    Yes, I like it
    I haven't tried it, but someone should either
    A) set up an AOL account at www.aim.com, login and link your facebook account & try video chat with yur FB contacts
    Or
    B) login to aim.com using yur fb account & try to video chat w facebook contacts

(Aim.com's webmessenger let's you video call)
    06-17-12 11:30 AM
    I thought you can download a flash enabled browser for iOS?
    06-17-12 11:45 AM
    I thought you can download a flash enabled browser for iOS?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought apple didn't allow 3rd party browsers in the app store - ie, safari is your only option (unless you jailbreak)

Edit: skyfire is in the app store, so I'm incorrect about safari being the only choice. But I don't see any real flash player support anywhere tho
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 06-17-12 at 01:57 PM.
    06-17-12 01:53 PM
    I don't know maybe a jailbreak is required. I just remember someone in a thread mentioned it.
    06-17-12 02:31 PM
    Works great and it leaves any messages/missed call notifications in the messages app if you call contacts via Facebook :-)
    06-17-12 04:06 PM
    Works great and it leaves any messages/missed call notifications in the messages app if you call contacts via Facebook :-)
    Are you refering to my previous post: make an aol account & login @ www.aim.com & link your facebook account, in order to video chat cross platform(with your facebook friends)?

Ie, so facebook video chat via 'aim.com on PB' works?
    06-17-12 04:25 PM
    No didn't try that. I just used the connect with Facebook friends option on the AV website, it opens a Facebook type contacts list to choose from and any message you type in it goes to their fb messages folder.
    06-17-12 05:24 PM
    Tried IMO web ...... didn't work properly.....

Searched and came up with the AOL option

Just tried speaking with my son who is on a Macbook. Sent him the generated link on visiting the AOL AV web page...I use GoToMeeting at work and this is very similar (but way easier)

He pasted into his browser...bang up he pops with Video and sound in a split pane in the browser

The Playbook camera and sound are recognized instantly on accessing the AOL web page!

Brilliant option..... F###K Skype!

Go for it you Crackberries!!
    09-09-12 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD