it was mentioned indirectly in several threads that the playbook have automatic security wipe after 10 incorrect password entries like on the BB. i could not find this feature documented anywhere.
    can anyone confirm this? The posters of those threads weren't able to validate their claim.

This security wipe is one of three security concerns my company have with the PB. Hence, the PB can't be used on my work network.
    12-28-11 03:13 AM
    I believe I found the same thing you did, but one poster did 'say' it was confirmed by RIM tech support.

I think the best thing to do is call Support yourself and get the total lowdown on this issue, since you have to forward the info to your company.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com

Hope this helps!
    12-28-11 03:40 AM
    It's in this knowledgebase article under "additional information":

KB27664-How to password protect and secure the BlackBerry PlayBook
    12-28-11 06:48 AM
    Type your password wrong 10 times and see what happens.
    12-28-11 07:47 AM
    Type your password wrong 10 times and see what happens.
    That would have been my suggestion, too. A bit painful on a full pb but pretty inconsequential on a brand new one to experiment on!
    12-28-11 10:17 AM
    When you have a password for your PB setup, and make an error the first time, it gives the number of attempts left for entering the password thereafter. That in itself indicates an added security feature down the line, either a lock on your device but as understood by many here- a security wipe.
    12-28-11 10:57 AM
    it was mentioned indirectly in several threads that the playbook have automatic security wipe after 10 incorrect password entries like on the BB. i could not find this feature documented anywhere.
    can anyone confirm this? The posters of those threads weren't able to validate their claim.

This security wipe is one of three security concerns my company have with the PB. Hence, the PB can't be used on my work network.
    There is a BlackBerry security manual that will probably answer any questions that your network admins have.

Security Technical Overview - BlackBerry PlayBook - 1.0
    12-28-11 12:30 PM
    thanks everyone for your suggestions.
    12-28-11 12:34 PM
    Here is the specific section on tablet passwords.

Using the tablet password - Security Technical Overview - BlackBerry PlayBook - 1.0

Download PDF
    Using the tablet password
    The BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet permits the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet user to set a tablet password. If the user sets a tablet password, the user must provide the password to log in to the tablet. The user can configure the tablet password and timeout options using the Password option in the Security settings on the tablet.

If the user types the tablet password incorrectly more than 10 times, the tablet deletes all data from the personal file system.

For more information about setting the tablet password, see the tablet help.
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-28-11 at 12:39 PM.
    12-28-11 12:37 PM
    It works in the same basic pattern as the BB. It will show you the number of attempts. It will prompt you to type the word Blackberry after 4 or 5 tries and probably again further on. (I didn't go past the text prompt). I've never seen one get to the point of wiping, but I have no reason to think it doesn't work just as well as the wipe on a BB.
    12-28-11 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD