Ok something is messed up with my PB, it doesn't want to play nice. I want it adjust the brightness of the screen according to how light it is outside obviously. But it just won't do it. I have it set to on yet it will not change the brightness no matter how bright or dark it is. This is my second PB and on the first one it worked correctly but it just won't on this one. I've tried resetting it, changing from portrait to landscape and locking and unlocking but nothing works. I still end up having to manually change the brightness.

And is it normal for the power button to be sticky. By that I mean when you press it doesn't pop right up again, it takes a second and then you hear a noise for when it has popped back out. Is this normal? Basically when you press it, it becomes depressed but then it takes a second and then pops back out during which it makes a noise. Its annoying and I feel like it may be a sign that the button is about to die? Should I give it in to repair to RIM as my exchange date has passed?

Thanks for the help.
    01-22-12 05:32 PM
    01-22-12 05:46 PM
    What level do you have your brightness set? Set it to about 60%and give it a trial.
    01-22-12 06:52 PM
    Turning it on is one thing, touching the battery icon and sliding the bar down is the easiest way to quick adjust it instead of opening the gear every time.
    01-22-12 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD