Anyone have an idea when the playbook will be released in Australia?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 04:58 AM
    no idea, no one here has announced anything and RIM australia has nothing much to say other than "coming soon".

If its anything like how long it took them to release the torch. Expect it in August or if for some reason they feel like being an arse they'll just wait for the 3g version and Telstra will be the only one to have it and we'll see it in Oct/Nov/Dec (depending on when RIM releases that version)

Shame, Since I see them trying hard in regards to RIM events and marketing teams on the road showcasing their phones but whatever...
    04-01-11 06:11 AM
    I don't want a 3G version. I'd honestly prefer wifi. I don't wanna pay for two plans! Also, telstra are horrible and expensive lol.

04-02-11 04:46 AM
    im sure u can order on off ebay... when it is released... or u can pay me $1000 USD and i'll ship one over all the way to australia for you hahahaha

love,
    canada.
    04-02-11 09:36 PM
    I'd mail it to you if you paid for it all up front. USPS and insurance wouldn't be too much, I bet.

Later,
    B.
    04-02-11 09:46 PM
    But how would I charge it? :S lol.

04-02-11 11:13 PM
    I'd mail it to you if you paid for it all up front. USPS and insurance wouldn't be too much, I bet.

Later,
    B.
    serious? i dont mind bro if i could trust u
    04-02-11 11:18 PM
    Yeah, same here, I would have no issues with purchasing a PlayBook for someone overseas either and just shipping it over with insurance and all.
    04-02-11 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD