I listen to audiobooks every day and have been looking for a pb book player for a year and a half . Based on what I read in this thread I just broke my piggy bank and purchased play-a-book . What a farce . Save yourself $..99 old man - don't waste your time . I can't beleive that no one has written a genuine audiobook reader for this platform ( not a music player that will play books) - how complicated can it be ?

Back to my trusty palm treo running itunes

Get well soon sadoldman .
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-04-13 07:23 PM
    This chap doesn't really need any help because he knows more than the rest of us about how to operate these toys. Just likes to talk and jive us about our silly efforts to assist. Hope he doesn't succumb to the " man flu" or fall down the cellar stairs and addle his remaining wits because then what would we do to pass the time.
    Well, now isn't my face red.
    I suppose, that could be related to the liver problem though.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-04-13 08:30 PM
    Well, now isn't my face red.
    I suppose, that could be related to the liver problem though.
    You should be red faced as well you you...... Thing with four legs and fur you. Three weeks I've been at deaths doorstep and you knew about this book reader years ago and didn't tell me. Now that's just not fair is it?

However I downloaded 'The Art of War' last morrow and happily fell asleep to the dulcet tones of some bird reading the book to me. What more can a dying man ask?

I awoke this morrow happy, well happyish being surrounded by 7362.5 empty bottles of flu remidy potions and concoctions and enough cough medicine to float an aircraft carrier in, but what the **** I'm still alive. Quite bright for a dog aren't you!
    04-05-13 07:19 AM
    A new audiobook reader app , Story book audioplayer, by Bumblebee Computing has been brought to my attention. This one looks promising .

I'll try it a bit later and post my impressions.
    04-05-13 08:07 AM
    A new audiobook reader app , Story book audioplayer, by Bumblebee Computing has been brought to my attention. This one looks promising .

I'll try it a bit later and post my impressions.
    Got that at the same time. Bit complex for a man at deaths doorstep. Believe in the dog fellow forum member, believe in the dog!
    04-05-13 08:25 AM
    Arnt most audio books in a mp3 format? I listen to them all the time on my phone with no app. Why would the playbook require something different. I have the playbook but dont use it for my audio books. Just asking. Thanks

FYI I'm listening to the first book of Game of Thrones now. I have them all, one at a time
    04-05-13 08:55 AM
    Arnt most audio books in a mp3 format? I listen to them all the time on my phone with no app. Why would the playbook require something different. I have the playbook but dont use it for my audio books. Just asking. Thanks

FYI I'm listening to the first book of Game of Thrones now. I have them all, one at a time
    They don't, I'm just lazy. When I go back to a book I like to continue where I left off. A simple mp3 player doesn't do that. They also won't play the myriad of formats that some books come in.
    04-05-13 09:01 AM
    They don't, I'm just lazy. When I go back to a book I like to continue where I left off. A simple mp3 player doesn't do that. They also won't play the myriad of formats that some books come in.
    Ok, I get that. Its a small pain. I usually write down where I left off. Anything I grab for books I just convert the file to mp3 if it needs it.
    04-05-13 09:09 AM
    Lots of workarounds but the pb deserves a real audiobook reader app - every other platform has them .Not sure what the big deal is
    04-05-13 09:23 AM
    Ok, I get that. Its a small pain. I usually write down where I left off. Anything I grab for books I just convert the file to mp3 if it needs it.
    See that's where you clever people have a very distinct advantage over thickies like wot I am. I can't write so that's me knackered. Even if I could write it wouldn't matter because I would forget where I'd written it down. Then there's the added problem that I can't read either, so if I did find the notes I'd written down to remind me where I was up to, I wouldn't be able to read them!
    04-05-13 09:25 AM
    See that's where you clever people have a very distinct advantage over thickies like wot I am. I can't write so that's me knackered. Even if I could write it wouldn't matter because I would forget where I'd written it down. Then there's the added problem that I can't read either, so if I did find the notes I'd written down to remind me where I was up to, I wouldn't be able to read them!
    You seem to be getting by pretty well here lol.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-05-13 09:37 AM
    You seem to be getting by pretty well here lol.
    I am feeling a tad better, but don't tell everyone because they'll just start picking on me again!
    rottonj likes this.
    04-05-13 10:29 AM
    I am feeling a tad better, but don't tell everyone because they'll just start picking on me again!
    Well this forum wouldnt be the same without the fanbois picking on someone. Sorry its you lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-05-13 10:32 AM
    Well this forum wouldnt be the same without the fanbois picking on someone. Sorry its you lol
    How right you are fellow member, and always remember that while they have me, they are leaving some completely innocent newbie alone! Job done!!!!!!
    rottonj likes this.
    04-05-13 10:38 AM
    He started it!!!!!!!!!! We are the victims here!!!! Don't let him suck you in with his talk of brandy and pasties!!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-05-13 10:39 AM
    How right you are fellow member, and always remember that while they have me, they are leaving some completely innocent newbie alone! Job done!!!!!!
    Seems like with the new device brought some youth to these boards, and from the tons of posts I have read on all forums they are not all innocent. Manners and respect are a thing of the past these days. Damn, I sound like my parents lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-05-13 10:46 AM
    He started it!!!!!!!!!! We are the victims here!!!! Don't let him suck you in with his talk of brandy and pasties!!!
    Ok you little green thing you. Pick on me while I'm ill eh?

Well you just made no. 2 on the list after F2, oh and maybe that geezer with the sticks up his nose and the thespian shape changer. Anyway your on the list and I'm coming to get you too.

I recognise your dad, mother, sister and brother but which one are you?
    Attached Thumbnails Audio Book reader for the BB playbook?-imagges.jpg  
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-05-13 10:54 AM
    That's Fool's branch of the family tree. He's bottom left. See, you still can't recognize us greenies for what we are. One greenie is the same as another. Pity.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    04-05-13 11:01 AM
    That's Fool's branch of the family tree. He's bottom left. See, you still can't recognize us greenies for what we are. One greenie is the same as another. Pity.
    Slippery character eh? Ok well when/if I ever recover from this illness, or I manage to bore the grim reaper enough that he releases his grip on me, then keep looking over your leaf cause I am a man on a mission. I will not stop until I know you are safely imprisoned securely inside a pie? What do you think about those grasshoppers then????? Send me a photo so I can recognise your face as I roll the pastry over you!!!!!!!!!!!
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-05-13 12:12 PM
    Face? What's that? We can talk, though. Little munchkin voices. Just go through the bowl and ask "Are you Falls?". That should occupy some bedtime for you. I suppose you can eat the ones that don't answer as a punishment.

Warning: make sure you are near restroom facilities.
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 04-05-13 at 02:58 PM.
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    04-05-13 02:46 PM
    Haven't noticed comments about Kobo, the Canadian book store, which has free ebooks and also audio books. The Kobo app was included on my playbook. I have since downloaded a couple of free ebooks though I don't read books on ereaders very often. Kobo also has audio books which I have not yet tried. Is Kobo available in the UK?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-05-13 03:29 PM
    Haven't noticed comments about Kobo, the Canadian book store, which has free ebooks and also audio books. The Kobo app was included on my playbook. I have since downloaded a couple of free ebooks though I don't read books on ereaders very often. Kobo also has audio books which I have not yet tried. Is Kobo available in the UK?
    Do they have and good recipe books? I'm thinking specifically about recipes for slippery little character type, educated, humorous green hairy things here!!!!
    04-06-13 06:22 AM
    Yes they do.
    Stay away from the liver recipes though. Concentrate on the dog treat section.

I see you are healing. That's too bad. Ah, well, back to the list of possible donors.

You have some interesting avatars. Do you sleep near a runway?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-06-13 09:02 AM
    Yes they do.
    Stay away from the liver recipes though. Concentrate on the dog treat section.

I see you are healing. That's too bad. Ah, well, back to the list of possible donors.

You have some interesting avatars. Do you sleep near a runway?
    Hey you, don't just simply pop up again and start wanting to sleep with me!!!!!!!!!

Anyway next time keep your advice to yourself you edificated dog you. Been listening to that bird reading me that there 'Art of War' book thingy. I'm feeling better now but exhausted and it's all your fault. I didn't have a book reader until you stuck your wet shiny nose in. Your going on the list just after the gooseberry
    04-06-13 11:19 AM
    Hey you, don't just simply pop up again and start wanting to sleep with me!!!!!!!!!

Anyway next time keep your advice to yourself you edificated dog you. Been listening to that bird reading me that there 'Art of War' book thingy. I'm feeling better now but exhausted and it's all your fault. I didn't have a book reader until you stuck your wet shiny nose in. Your going on the list just after the gooseberry
    did i ever tell you naughty guys i am legion silly bob death angel mary jane whats her name grim reaper ?
    thanks old man keep adding them to the list kudos [�]_|�|
    these days the job is really boring as in .. nothing to do

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk --> Justin Bieber must die
    04-06-13 12:31 PM
54 123