I have a real frustration as of late with many large retailers in and around my city.

Half the time, the PlayBook is sitting there, dead... Whether it's the plug that's jostled loose, inadequate charging hardware, apple fanboy sabotage (just kidding.... or am I???), I would say roughly 40% of all playbook models I run into don't work.

How the **** are you supposed to sell something if you don't give people a chance to play with it??

Telus seems to be the worst culprit. The cradle they insert it into sometimes blocks the charging port! How is that useful?!

I make it my duty to try and plug them in when I see one, and if it's out of date, I will update it for them.

Ugh... I can only imagine the pain it's going to be when version 2.0 is released. All of these display models with be sitting there with old software!
    09-01-11 04:42 PM
    I make it my duty to try and plug them in when I see one, and if it's out of date, I will update it for them.
    I can feel your pain..
    Ugh... I can only imagine the pain it's going to be when version 2.0 is released. All of these display models with be sitting there with old software!
    Hopefully not, but it's all depend on RIM's moves toward retailers.
    09-01-11 04:50 PM
    Agreed.

When the PB first came out the demo in my local Best Buy was dead. No power whatsoever no matter how I jiggled the cable. I asked a rep if he could get it to work and he said "oh the connector must be damaged. sorry"

I then went to the office depot down the street and the demo was powered on and working...sans the fact that they needed someone to run through the whole set up process before you could even play with it.

The Staples that I finally purchased my PB at had the demo model up and running how it should have been. Now every time I walk into a BB, Staples, OD, whatever store that has a PlayBook on display I always turn the demo on to run on a loop so that people can see it and actually try it out.
    09-01-11 05:08 PM
    apple's marketing strategy....
    09-01-11 05:32 PM
    The one at my store is fully functional and updated! I check it every day. RIMpire!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 08:50 PM
    I always play the video demo and turn it up...lol
    09-01-11 08:55 PM
    The one at my store is fully functional and updated! I check it every day. RIMpire!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed.
    I'm in charge of BlackBerry products at my store.
    If there's BlackBerry questions, I get asked. Even when I'm not at work.
    togardergrosse likes this.
    09-01-11 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD