Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a Motorola Atrix to replace a bb 9700 I had for work. I've been eying the PlayBook for a while because it looks like an incredible device, but I'm wondering if having both would be a little redundant. Other than it being bigger for surfing, what will the playbook be able to do that my atrix can't?
    03-24-11 08:33 PM
    That thought occurred to me as well a few months back when I got my Torch. I was thinking I would go back to the Bold after getting the Playbook, but I really like the Torch now. I doubt that I will have the Playbook with me all the time, like I do the phone, so I decided to keep the Torch as my primary device. There won't be any redundancy for me since the Torch can't really compete with the Playbook for browsing, and there will be a lot of Playbook specific apps that won't run on the Torch. Your case is slightly different since your phone is better and faster for browsing, and it runs Android apps, where my Torch doesn't.
    03-24-11 08:43 PM
    for you it might be a little redundant considering the app base is the same. The bigger screen would the biggest difference i think. im sure others can think of good reasons though.
    03-24-11 08:55 PM
    I think the fact you can get the WebTop accessory for your Atrix would be what makes the PlayBook redundant.
    03-24-11 08:56 PM
    I'm not sold on the Atrix lapdock, especially at its current price. the Playbook has always intrigued me, and I may still buy one. The problem is that it would appear to have no additional functions that i don't already have with the atrix.

I would pay allot of money for a bona fide mobile office suite. It would be great if something beyond "docs to go" or "quickoffice" was available.
    03-24-11 10:42 PM
    have you checked out officesuite professional yet?

AppBrain Android market | OfficeSuite Pro
    03-24-11 10:55 PM
    I'm not sold on the Atrix lapdock, especially at its current price. the Playbook has always intrigued me, and I may still buy one. The problem is that it would appear to have no additional functions that i don't already have with the atrix.

I would pay allot of money for a bona fide mobile office suite. It would be great if something beyond "docs to go" or "quickoffice" was available.
    There's very unofficial speculation that there'll be a beefier docs2go for the PB, but no talk of an tablet-ready office suite that I've seen. I'm really not sure how well something like that would work without a real keyboard anyway. Considering the slate of accessories for the Atrix, I'm surprised there isn't such a thing written for that platform.

I wonder if Moto would be onto something if they developed a tab dock for that thing, basically a touch screen of any size that the Atrix just plugs into instead of the lapdock.

have you checked out officesuite professional yet?

AppBrain Android market | OfficeSuite Pro
    edit:
    Like that.
    03-24-11 11:02 PM
    there are tons of officesuites for android. Docs to go and quickoffice are just 2 others also. I prefer officesuite for my needs though. I think officesuite is onsale for 9.99 on the company's website too
    03-24-11 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD