Technolog - Asus' line of Eee tablets includes "Transformer" with breakaway keyboard.

One of them (12 inch thousand dollar windows 7 tablet) will be out this month, after that they will be released April, May, and June. The later tablets look to be comparatively priced to the Playbook.

I didn't see any hardware specs on that link - anyone else have any links?

EDIT:
    Found a link with some specs.

Asus Finally Announces Its Family Of Upcoming Eee Tablets and Slates

Unsurprisingly, the thousand dollar model is much more powerful than the playbook, but I'm not spending a grand on a tablet.

The Epad Transformer (basically a tablet that comes with a keyboard dock), priced $399 - $699, due out in April, has a Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core CPU, dual cameras, 10.1 inch 1280*800 screen and 16 hours of battery life.

The Slider looks to be the same, but with a sliding keyboard instead of a detachable one. $499 - $799 price, due out in May.

Holy crap RIM, you'd better get that playbook out soon. We haven't even heard from HP or Motorola or a bunch of other players yet.
    Last edited by wayoung; 01-04-11 at 06:22 PM.
    01-04-11 06:09 PM
    I saw that too, but 12"? I don't want to lug something that large around. No way. 7" or no sale.
    01-04-11 07:50 PM
    The one out in the next couple weeks is 12". The other three are 7" and 10".
    01-04-11 08:16 PM
    12'!?! No way. UNLESS it can completely replace my laptop.

IMO, a tablet is meant to supplement my laptop on the go. I can never see a tablet ever doing that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 08:36 PM
    we are going to be sick of tablets after CES.
    01-04-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD