I now have some ASee app security video cameras transmitting real time video over 3G network to my Blackberry Torch. I have been unable to find an ASee app for the Playbook. Is there a way to view these real time camera videos on my Playbook which has a lot bigger and better screen for viewing?
    06-04-12 11:50 PM
    I have had a kguard camera setup for about 6months and as yet not found an app for the PlayBook. Works great with ASee on torch. Have tried a couple of ip camera apps without success. I have used an app on Android tablet and ipad which also worked well. If I come across anything for the PB I will post it here.
    Sorry this isn't much help but thought I'd let you know that I've hunted high and low and as yet nothing!

Thanks

Rob
    06-05-12 02:59 AM
    Is there a simple way to just repeat what is on my Torch screen on the PB screen using Bridge? That would be acceptable to get better larger videos than the Torch has.
    06-05-12 10:55 AM
    There is an app called PhoneRemote but I don't know if it would work in this situation. It works through the browser to show the bb phone screen. Video?????
    06-05-12 11:34 AM
    Been trying with no luck as well...
    06-05-12 12:47 PM
    There is an app called PhoneRemote but I don't know if it would work in this situation. It works through the browser to show the bb phone screen. Video?????
    Phone Remote is a cool app and gets better with each update. It is a little laggy with a 3-4 second delay. It now shows the live camera/video camera screen with last update so you can use your phone as a wireless camera viewable on the PlayBook as long as your on the same wireless network. There arent many apps out there for what you are looking for. I use GV-Remote (not very impressive) on my 9850 which connects with geovision camera servers and Im patiently waiting for an app for the PlayBook.

Phone Remote probably wont help, for the screen view on the PlayBook is the same size as the phone, unless you enable full screen, which will be skewed.
    Last edited by erhan8; 06-05-12 at 08:35 PM.
    06-05-12 08:13 PM
    Phone Remote is a cool app and gets better with each update. It is a little laggy with a 3-4 second delay. It now shows the live camera/video camera screen with last update so you can use your phone as a wireless camera viewable on the PlayBook as long as your on the same wireless network. There arent many apps out there for what you are looking for. I use GV-Remote (not very impressive) on my 9850 which connects with geovision camera servers and Im patiently waiting for an app for the PlayBook.

Phone Remote probably wont help, for the screen view on the PlayBook is the same size as the phone, unless you enable full screen, which will be skewed.
    My problem was this morning when I attempted to fire it up (it has been a while), FileScout using the same ip address and it appears to have taken over. I even CLOSED it out and Phone remote would not show up on the screen of either my pb or computer.
    06-05-12 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD