Dear BlackBerry PlayBook Haters, Stop Drinking the Kool-Aid - BerryReview

Enjoy the read!

This is about as good as it gets!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-25-11 at 01:46 PM.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    03-25-11 01:38 PM
    I completly agree with you there!!! I can't wait to get mine!!

03-25-11 02:14 PM
    Nice article! Thanks for the post.
    03-25-11 03:41 PM
    Article is about as dumb as the ones where the writers give their own personal reasons (some that don't make sense) not to buy the playbook or any other product.
    red777 likes this.
    03-25-11 03:59 PM
    Article is about as dumb as the ones where the writers give their own personal reasons (some that don't make sense) not to buy the playbook or any other product.
    Unfortunately not many people think like that. I am still catching **** from some my friends from ditching my iphone for a blackberry. Movie, tech, and restaurant reviews aren't a major influence in what i purchase because most of them have the stench of bias all over them.
    03-25-11 04:33 PM
    RIM has brought a gun to the gun fight with the BlackBerry PlayBook and it’s main competitor is essentially running a smartphone OS on a bigger screen.
    LOL, nice line...
    03-25-11 05:23 PM
    LOL, nice line...
    Yeah true. But won't the playbook be doing the same thing when QNX is on smartphones? Pretty easy to say stuff like that when RIM doesn't have a smartphone platform that's as robust as Android and iOS.
    03-25-11 05:43 PM
    Yeah true. But won't the playbook be doing the same thing when QNX is on smartphones? Pretty easy to say stuff like that when RIM doesn't have a smartphone platform that's as robust as Android and iOS.
    What evidence do you have to base that statement on? Only a very few people have any hands-on time with this OS/device. Are you trying to say Android and iOS never crash; that there are no flaws in either OS? No software is perfect. One difference is QNX is being built from the ground up as a tablet OS and then ported to handsets in the future. I know RIM isn't perfect and isn't being anywhere near aggressive enough in their product hardware (with the exception of the Playbook IMO), but they do have reliable software. At least give the device a chance/test it before you start bashing it.
    03-26-11 12:47 PM
    No... RIM will be running tab software on its smartphones, not smartphone software on its tab. Doesn't sound like much, but there is a difference there.
    03-26-11 12:53 PM
    bump...it is a must read
    03-27-11 02:43 AM
    This may be the ONLY legitimate post in all of News and Rumors!
    And no trolls, a double bonus!
    03-27-11 02:13 PM
    I don't hate, I love it! Might get one in the future if my netbook kicks itself in the balls.

03-27-11 11:09 PM
    No... RIM will be running tab software on its smartphones, not smartphone software on its tab. Doesn't sound like much, but there is a difference there.
    Actually I think they are running Car Software on its Tab and future Smartphones

Think that once RIM has QNX up and running on all of it's Devices, that RIM will be in the "Driver's Seat" once again.
    03-28-11 05:15 PM
    Actually I think they are running Car Software on its Tab and future Smartphones
    Ha ha... Even better!

Think that once RIM has QNX up and running on all of it's Devices, that RIM will be in the "Driver's Seat" once again.
    Lets hope so.
    Last edited by drjay868; 03-29-11 at 06:57 AM.
    03-29-11 06:49 AM
    If they PlayBook came with a native Pron app, then we'd all be #winning!
    03-29-11 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD