I went and checked Appworld several times last night and there were a couple of apps that had an update. I used to get update notifications automatically with the old OS. Does that not work anymore?
    02-22-12 06:49 AM
    Nope. I figured that out this morning when I went to app world and noticed the red asterisk alerting me to updates.
    02-22-12 06:52 AM
    Yep, noticed too. Also, the notification star remains after you've done all updates, until you close/start the AppWorld again. Minor issue, should be fixed soon, I guess
    02-22-12 06:54 AM
    warnings in the top left corner of the "desk top", that is a PC term what is "desktop" in Playbook, main screen?
    02-22-12 06:59 AM
    warnings in the top left corner of the "desk top", that is a PC term what is "desktop" in Playbook, main screen?
    "palm top"?
    02-22-12 07:01 AM
    No new notifications for app world updates for me either. No big deal just another "bug" fix in the next update. I'm going to stay positive that RIM will correct most if not all bugs with a new update in the near future
    02-22-12 07:45 AM
    Yep, noticed too. Also, the notification star remains after you've done all updates, until you close/start the AppWorld again. Minor issue, should be fixed soon, I guess
    Oh yeah forgot to mention that as well. Once the app is updated, the red asterick remains until you close appworld. Well this is the good thing about this forum. At least you know if there is others with the same issue. Thanks guys!
    02-22-12 07:47 AM
    I had both happen to me - after I upgraded to OS 2 yesterday morning, the same afternoon I got the "exclamation mark" notification that Facebook was updated in Appworld. I opened Appworld this morning and got the red asterisk for another App that was recently updated, no exclamation mark.
    02-22-12 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD