When I go to a category and click FREE I don't see it returning any apps. Tried the 'rst' and reboot which did not resolve it. Is this happening to anyone else.
    btw, also noticed that games and apps are now two separate category.
    Not sure if this was intentional or just another bug.
    Don't they even test these very basic functionality before rolling them out?
    07-06-11 10:08 PM
    yes, something is very wrong. glad its not just me
    07-06-11 11:17 PM
    Same here. There doesn't seem to be an icon/image next to the apps label where you have to chose apps or games.

The Playbooks app world has to be my least favorite part of the Tablet OS so far. I mean I don't like not having the native apps, but I can deal with that for now. Appworld is behind on everything. I mean, why doesn't the interface work like the Playbooks interface does. Sure it looks like it, but it doesn't respond to swipe up/down commands. If you want to see the entire list, you can't just swipe, you have to tap the arrow itself.

Oh well, at least I'm not an app person. I just hope RIM realizes that people like me are a minority and if they want their product to sell comparably to the competition, they need to put better efforts forward.

Still love my Playbook.
    Last edited by PostMortem; 07-07-11 at 08:47 AM.
    07-07-11 07:47 AM
    Ditto. Very strange.
    07-07-11 08:13 AM
    They did an update if you haven't seen it yet I'm sure you will.

All the update did was separate apps and games for some reason
    07-07-11 08:52 AM
    Do you have to have the latest OS on the PB for App World to work properly, now? After reading that the latest OS breaks the PDF reader, ive not done the upgrade. I can live with a flakey app world, but the PDF reader, as primitive as it is, is a must have for me.
    07-07-11 08:58 AM
    so, it'll probably looks the AppWorld will have more applications and games... he he he, just kidding... but on the other hand, perhaps RIM is expecting drastic increase in applications and games... and making them separate would be an ideal thing to do now for easy search...
    07-07-11 09:02 AM
    Do you have to have the latest OS on the PB for App World to work properly, now? After reading that the latest OS breaks the PDF reader, ive not done the upgrade. I can live with a flakey app world, but the PDF reader, as primitive as it is, is a must have for me.
    The latest update didn't break the acrobat reader I can read 300 page documents with just fine.
    07-07-11 09:08 AM
    so, it'll probably looks the AppWorld will have more applications and games... he he he, just kidding... but on the other hand, perhaps RIM is expecting drastic increase in applications and games... and making them separate would be an ideal thing to do now for easy search...
    i doubt they're expecting some huge rush of new submissions. in any case i don't see why they bothered to do this. it looks odd and means another tap needed. moreover now the free filter doesn't work, either.

i honestly think they didn't actually test this change to the underlying infrastructure on the playbook app world application itself.

-- eldee
    07-07-11 09:09 AM
    i doubt they're expecting some huge rush of new submissions. in any case i don't see why they bothered to do this. it looks odd and means another tap needed. moreover now the free filter doesn't work, either.

i honestly think they didn't actually test this change to the underlying infrastructure on the playbook app world application itself.

-- eldee
    Didn't see that the filters were broken cause I never use them but the pay filter doesn't filter anything just shows all the apps.

I'm big on theories lately so here goes.
    The reason for the separation maybe for BES admins to be able restrict employees from downloading games
    07-07-11 09:15 AM
    -- eldee
    Agreed. This is simply pathetic. They can't even set a simple filter and roll things out by breaking stuff that was already working. Reminds me of the second os update of the pb.

Its one thing that your biggest updates are crappy facebook apps and twitter 9.0 but atleast don't break stuff that is already working. No wonder the after market is flooded with returns; it is almost making the chinese knockoff look better than this, atleast where hangman or link to blackberry forum is not the #1 free app.
    07-07-11 09:38 AM
    When I go to a category and click FREE I don't see it returning any apps. Tried the 'rst' and reboot which did not resolve it. Is this happening to anyone else.
    btw, also noticed that games and apps are now two separate category.
    Not sure if this was intentional or just another bug.
    Don't they even test these very basic functionality before rolling them out?
    It had been working but I was having some severe issues last night & just gave up & turned it off. Haven't tried today. I'm guessing it's another BBAW problem like we had a few weeks ago...
    07-07-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD