im having that problem while trying to make an apps purchase in the appwworld for pb!!!

what wrong? im sure all my paypal credentials are ok.. even in paypal's page stated there successful adding RIM as preapproved payments... ive changed the default currency to MYR (ringgit malaysia since the appsworld show price in my local currency, MYR) but still no avail.. cahnge back to USD, still the same!

help please............................. i want to buy the Dead Space
    08-22-11 01:29 AM
    forgot to mention, ive logged into appsworld website thru my pc to change the payment method to credit card instead of paypal.. but the page for changing payment metjod is not there after i click the menu on the site... error page not found...sighhhh
    08-22-11 01:36 AM
    Have you been able to purchase other apps? Could it be a restriction due to Intellectual Property issues US versus Malaysia
    08-22-11 08:30 AM
    thanks for the reply.. unfortunately, i couldnt buy any apps.. called customer support, they told me i hv to make sure the currency setting in paypal set to usd, which is has been set to usd all these while, changed to myr, still cant go thru.. the staff there too dont know how to help
    08-22-11 10:42 AM
    forgot to mention, ive logged into appsworld website thru my pc to change the payment method to credit card instead of paypal.. but the page for changing payment metjod is not there after i click the menu on the site... error page not found...sighhhh
    Was attempting to access my Account Details the other day thru my pc but was consistently getting time out errors. Not sure if it was because App World 3 was coming out. After trying about 10 times I was successful.
    08-22-11 10:54 AM
    Having trouble with this also. Problem with paypal and malaysia credit card. But I can buy apps using US credit card. Weirdo.

it's definitely , country and currency problems. ( since 2009 )
    09-08-11 08:01 AM
    Same here! all reports indicate its directly related to Malaysia CC. I'm using Maybank btw, it started happening sometime in August or late July and theres just NO WAY of buying Playbook apps other than app world..

Anyone got any clues?
    09-21-11 09:49 PM
    same problem. I am in Chile and I was able to buy for a while. Prices appeared in local currency (CLP) but one I biught something there was a message indicating that my currency switched to US$ because of my payment method, and everything worked OK.
    But now I always get thiz 9300 error, I can't change the currency in PP, because there id no option for mine...
    so I am unable to buy.
    09-25-11 09:40 PM
    Research In Motion provides a knowledge base article (KB25369) "Error Id 9300 appears when making a purchase in BlackBerry App World," and knowledge base article (KB17678) - "Common error messages in BlackBerry App World."
    09-25-11 11:10 PM
    Are you able to accessBlackBerry AppWorld from a desktop and notebook computer to download the app to your computer and then transfer/install the app onto the tablet using BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software? Refer to this article for instructions.
    09-25-11 11:16 PM
    I"m having the same problem but mine is an Indian Credit Card. tried changing all settings in paypal but to no avail. Paypal works for ALL my other transactions.
    09-27-11 01:04 PM
    Ive tried everything what there is to find on the internet about this problem. Some things might work for some people. but i tried them all. and still nothing. error 1000 is what i get. tried directly with visa NO GO, paypal NO GO, authorized anything possible NO GO. resets. swipes. new paypal account, nothing nothing nothing works.
    I think have to wait until next year february when my playbook is already 1 year old, and then maybe with the new OS that i might be having the privilege to buy an app :-) COL Crying Out Loud.
    10-30-11 04:34 PM
    Go to appworld on your phone, go to 'my world' , click bb button and choose 'pmt options' choose 'paypal' option, click next and log in to verify your account. My login info was wrong and once i changed it and logged in I was able to buy apps in appworld using paypal.
    FrankInSF likes this.
    11-21-11 12:04 AM
    I haven't had AppWorld phone problems, but I when I tried to buy two apps in AppWorld on my new PlayBook (OS 1.0.8.6067), I got "Problem encountered with PayPay authorization. Error: 579024"

I followed the instructions from CosmicHeretic on my phone in AppWorld 3.1.0.56, except that from its main menu, I clicked on My Account, not My World. Then Payment Options, log in to BB ID with its password, choose PayPal, then log in to PayPal with its password.

Now I can buy apps on my PlayBook.
    12-20-11 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD