I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem. The last couple of days I have been finding that when I update an app it will start to download twice.

Yesterday I thought it may have just been a bug with the air hockey game. Today i upgraded the xtreme snowboarding app and same thing i hitbupdate and notice two copies downloading. It also shows twice in the application list. Deleted one and it prompted me to upgrade and two copies again.

So I had to delete both copies and download again to fix it. Anyone else having issues?
    06-05-11 03:34 PM
    I noticed the same issue with Air Hockey today. I rebooted, finally uninstalled one of the two, the other one is still there. Weird...
    06-05-11 03:42 PM
    I've had that happen a few times. Once I was able to delete one 'copy', and once I had to delete both and reinstall. Strange.
    06-05-11 04:01 PM
    I've had that happen a few times. Once I was able to delete one 'copy', and once I had to delete both and reinstall. Strange.
    same here, first time was for the morse code generator second was air hockey.
    06-05-11 04:10 PM
    Yup - been seeing the same as well the past 2 weeks
    06-05-11 04:15 PM
    Its happened to me so often I've taken to just deleting when I see an update then reinstalling. We need to ask the guy who chats with his RIM rep at best buy when the update for app world will drop....
    06-05-11 04:17 PM
    Wow for a second there I thought i was imagining things or going insane. It is definately weird.
    06-05-11 06:10 PM
    A normal app will update and keep its shortcut in the same place in the homescreen.
    Others, will create a duplicate and put it at the bottom of the homescreen, just delete the shortcut that comes before the one at the bottom using the hover function and pressing on the trash can in the homescreen (app world must be closed before doing this), keeping the one at the bottom, and it should be solved.

Basically, just delete the oldest shortcut through the homescreen and keep the newer. It has worked for me for all the tons of apps i have updated. I used to get it on pretty much every app, now, only a few do that.

Never delete duplicates from app world, because you dont know which one installed first, and it will end up screwing everything up and coming back. Always from the homescreen with appworld closed.

To ease things and spotting duplicates, manually sort the shortcuts in the "all" tab alphabetically (yeah... manually, 2011 and RIM is still onto manual sorting).
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-05-11 at 06:28 PM.
    nomi1978 and lafayett like this.
    06-05-11 06:22 PM
    Thanks, I had tried that but wasnt exiting from appworld and would see two entries in my app folder. I will try that next time.
    06-05-11 06:25 PM
    You do know which one is older, to replky from two posts ago. The newest one is the last one on the list when it duplicates. At least for me. Regardless I have not had this problem for about two weeks. Maybe it is a slow fix through the apps? All the Canadian papers used to duplicate, and do not now. Same with The Globe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-11 06:36 PM
    You do know which one is older, to replky from two posts ago. The newest one is the last one on the list when it duplicates. At least for me. Regardless I have not had this problem for about two weeks. Maybe it is a slow fix through the apps? All the Canadian papers used to duplicate, and do not now. Same with The Globe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, pretty sure it depends on the app. There has to be something in the code that makes it replicate or something when it compiles.

Is your app world sorted by date? Or you mean right after you install it? Because mine is not sorted by date or name or usage or anything, its just 131 applications randomly spread through the list.
    06-05-11 07:03 PM
    I mean after I install it. So my power button is always my last icon on the "All" panel. So when I was getting duplicates after an update they'd go after the power button. Just as my new apps do. Just had two more updates today (Pong, and.. I can't remember ) and didn't duplicate either. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past very soon!
    06-05-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD