Hey was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. After updating a few of my apps fruit ninja lite and farm defence i noticed that each of them now has 2 icons. They appear to be separate games as i can run each of them at the same time. Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this or if its just me. Tks for any help that can be provided.

Grizco
    10-22-11 09:53 AM
    I had that with facebook and was actually able to log into two different facebook accounts at once.

Anyways, I usually just delete one of them and it doesn't cause any problems again.
    10-22-11 10:46 AM
    Usually, the NEW install or update is further down the screen so you can delete the first instance. Press and hold on any icon on the screen and they all start flashing. Then there's a TrashCan icon under each - press it to delete the "bad" or older version.
    10-22-11 12:25 PM
    Usually, the NEW install or update is further down the screen so you can delete the first instance. Press and hold on any icon on the screen and they all start flashing. Then there's a TrashCan icon under each - press it to delete the "bad" or older version.
    Be careful to refresh the list before deleting the apparent duplicate. Sometimes the duplicate entry is a "ghost" and deleting it will delete the app entirely. In this case you will have to re-install it.
    10-22-11 12:54 PM
    The issue is caused by developers using different signing keys for their old and new versions. This makes it look to the PB like a new app. You should be able to safely delete the old one. You can tell which is which becaue the new one will appear at the bottom of the all apps pane. You will however lose any saved data inside the old app, there's nothing you can do but complain to the developer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 03:23 PM
    Awesome thanks for all the help/advice guys. Its good to at least know why its happening. Gonna suck losing all my Farm Defence data though. Hopefully we get a version of PvZ soon.
    10-22-11 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD