Hi.

I just got my Playbook yesterday and it upgraded at first to 2.0

Everything so far is running well except that : when I download
    and install an app in AppWorld, I can see it's installed but it doesn't
    show up in the home screen. Hence I can't launch it.
    It is so for ALL my downloaded app.

I rebooted the device, just in case but to no avail.

It shall be simple and I must be dumd but I can't see why...

Thanks in advance.
    02-24-12 04:25 AM
    The home screen can be swiped from one page to another, did you check to see if the apps are in the next page.
    You will find 2 small white boxes in the middle of the home screen just below the top app icon bar, either hit them or just swipe from left to right or vice versa to go to the next page in your home screen.

Good luck, the app should be there
    02-24-12 05:34 AM
    Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I did check the two home screen pages and nope ! no new apps to be seen.
    I wonder whether I'll have to reset the Playbook.
    02-24-12 06:18 AM
    Well, I don't know what happened exactly : I installed another application which never popped up... Then I just took a few pictures to check the camera and, here they are, all the applications are now available.

Either I'm really tired ;-) or there's a kind of "permission issue" naturally solved by the system.

Problem solved, then.

Thanks.
    02-24-12 09:03 AM
    After two days with my playbook I've had the same issue with apps downloading / installing but not displaing, have downloaded one paid and four free apps, none displayed. Tried refresh list, restarting, turn off, so am not sure what is the problem, any thoughts appreciated.
    02-24-12 04:31 PM
    Please note that the apps may not be immediately visible when you're on home screen and you may have to scroll up the first screen to see them.
    SprintMaverick likes this.
    02-24-12 04:42 PM
    Bompi,
    You're a champion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I kept going to the second screen, thanks for the quick response, I want to show some uniniated youngsters the positives of playbook, I've been following it's progress for months and after two days am still impressed.
    Thanks.
    02-24-12 05:07 PM
    Hi,
    I'm having the same problem, only that the first two downloaded apps appeared as they should, and since then nothing. They're not on the second screen either. What is the cause for this?

Thanks for any replies!
    01-20-13 10:38 AM
    Scroll DOWN on the main screen. When this screen fills up, new apps don't go to the second screen, they go below the apps already installed.
    01-20-13 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD