I usually like to have the apps I use the most open at the same time, browser, app world, tablet tv, pdf reader and a sideloaded android app. in standby mode when I swipe to wake it back up some of the apps have closed by themselves, there now the native browser and the android sideloaded app have closed. does this happen to other people as well?
    06-21-12 04:00 PM
    It was happening to me last night along with some other strange things.
    A 3 button restart cleared it up. Have you tried that yet?
    06-21-12 04:07 PM
    I've been experiencing that today as well. Plus the music player stopping while in background, and an app (dolphin browser ) crashing on start.

All that as I realised I'm just past the delay to return the pb to the store...

Just curious: how is 3 button restart different from normal restart?
    06-21-12 06:23 PM
    I have been experiencing the same issue. it started with the Beta versions. i have performed a secure wipe and upgraded to the new OS and it is still have the same issue where some apps will just close in standby.

i have performed restarts, shut down, and hard reset to no avail. same issue occures. I have reinstalled the apps that crash and it also has no effect on the situation.

anyone have any ideas?
    10-03-12 02:35 PM
    Check your free memory. Generally it's only if it's low that apps will be exiting. Leaving an app like the browser running with a site like Youtube loaded may be able to keep both using battery and consuming memory, though there are probably other culprits.
    10-03-12 06:06 PM
    free memory is currently sitting at 471.2MB
    issue also occures after a fresh restart with 550MB of free memory.

I dont use youtube on this device it seems to mostly be effecing andriod apps. especially IM+. I have timed the results...

if the app is running and i have it in standby for 60 seconds or less the app will still be running. after 60 seconds it is shut off when the screen comes back on.
    this is extremly consistant. is there a time out limit set for andriod apps?
    Last edited by jing172; 10-03-12 at 07:03 PM.
    10-03-12 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD