Since i own the iPad for some months now, I already have my bluetooth-keyboard from Apple. It is nice, solid and working superb.

Now i use the keyboard for my Playbook and it rocks even beter! It is very nice to see that RIM has a perfect machine (although the apps are still crap) to make me want the Playbook more than the iPad. The good thing about the iPad is that there is a unlimited amount of apps and for the Playbook i have seen only 5-10 apps i really want to use.

I just went to the swimmingpool to see one of my daughters swim and i used my Playbook to make some nice videos! Something I will never do with my iPad 2 (since mine does not have a camera). And is it fair to compare a 9.7 inch tablet with a 7 inch? Think not!

HTC is coming with a tablet soon but the price seems sky-high (525 euros ex VAT for the 32GB 3G version). The only alternative is the Samsung 10 inch with Honeycomb. Would like to get my hands on one of them soon.
    05-03-11 11:58 AM
    Nice to see someone recoginzing that there can be multiple good devices, instead of always hearing there can only be one best. They are all different devices, with different strengths and weaknesses. Ultimately, the only thing that matters is how each fits an individual's needs.
    breakstuff likes this.
    05-03-11 12:07 PM
    I own both the Playbook and an iPad 2. My iPad 2 arrived last Friday and I played around with it for most the weekend. I love them both like I said before they both have pros and cons.
    05-03-11 12:11 PM
    I was going through this forum to see if anyone who actually has used both the ipad (1 or 2) and now the playbook would comment on the strong points of each. or maybe a simple comparison.

Maybe you guys can provide some insight on this? I really dont want any bashing, just looking for simple advice.
    05-03-11 02:27 PM
    Some people make it into a war between the two. I think its all on preference, just like good music. But... I can concur that Apple and the Playbook go good together. I'm rockin my PB with a iPhone, and the hot spot is BEAUTIFUL.
    05-03-11 02:32 PM
    I have both Playbook and iPad 2. Right now I use the iPad for note taking and reading pdf files due to not being able to do that on the Playbook well. I still carry both.
    05-03-11 03:43 PM
    lmao... am thinking of buying myself a new toy via the wife

Since I have my PB, thought I'd buy the iPad2 for 'her' which means I get to play with it too... love my PB and doubt the iPad will ever win me over since I can't even stand my iTouch...i now find myself swiping my iTouch like it's a PB!!! but a bigger screen is good to have when i'm in the house... anywhere else, i want my PB... More so now since I have it in my tank of a case... LOVE OtterBox on this thing! Not really afraid to take it anywhere... except maybe around water...
    05-03-11 04:00 PM
    I was going through this forum to see if anyone who actually has used both the ipad (1 or 2) and now the playbook would comment on the strong points of each. or maybe a simple comparison.

Maybe you guys can provide some insight on this? I really dont want any bashing, just looking for simple advice.
    I have both a 32GB playbook and a 32 GB ipad2. I even have a Xoom, though I am not using it (too buggy and unstable).

Pro's of playbook
    1. size- great for e-reading, casual browsing, personal media playback, music or tv shows

2. UI- after about 10 minutes of playing with it, to me the UI is even more intuitive than the ipads. and it makes smart use of the bezel. I wonder about the bezel bashers, without it, how would you hold it.

3. Performance- easily on par with the ipad and quick office seems faster than the ipad productivity apps such as pages.

4. Browser- looks great on most sites and flash actually works decently (better than the Xoom)

Pros of ipad,

1. Screen- best there is in a tablet and great for even small group video watching

2. overall feel- hard to describe, but the ipad just feels nearly perfect in hand

3. The whole apple eco system- I know itunes gets much maligned, but it's a hand in glove fit with ,managing the media on your ipad.

4. Apps- there is at least one for just about everything.

I like and will use both. The ipad is my extended travel and couch surfing device. The playbook is my daily, carry it with me all the time device. Love em both!
    Last edited by snovguy; 05-03-11 at 04:19 PM.
    05-03-11 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD