motorbike or scooter, gay or straight, carnivore or vegetarian, heads or tails....i just cant understand the ceaseless comparison of pbs against ipads or other tablets.....
    happy or sad.....me I'm pb happy.....i do not want what i have not got......what is all the compare despair all about?
    hpjrt, robtanz, azrin640 and 4 others like this.
    01-29-12 07:22 AM
    I don't much care for people who bring up these sort of comparisons just because they like to argue. I enjoy Apple and BB products. I greatly dislike Microsoft products, and it seems like they are just getting worse. I don't put up with that crap. I enjoy what I want to enjoy, and could care less about someone else's ill-guided opinions. If you are going to argue it out, stick to true facts, and you will never lose.
    ftatul likes this.
    01-29-12 07:30 AM
    One of the reasons I don't and won't buy apple stuff is because of A-Hole apple users who love to demean people who "aren't smart enough" to buy apple products. Hardly a week goes by that an apple zombie tells me how dumb I am for buying a PB. Usually, if I have the time, I ask them if they want to do a little side by side comparison. After the comparison, all they can say is "Yeah, but we have more apps."

Personally, I don't care which tablet someone else buys. If it works for them, great. The PB is what works for me. Live and let live.
    ralfyguy and ftatul like this.
    01-29-12 07:59 AM
    I've always felt that people that purchase Blackberry products rather that Apple had different needs and expectations when it came to smartphones and tablets. Then I came to this forum and discovered some want them to do exactly the same thing! It seems simple to me.If you want an ipad go out and buy one, stop trying to change a Playbook into another ipad clone.
    cntrydncr223, ftatul and mike4444 like this.
    01-29-12 08:00 AM
    For me it was simple.

Why buy an Apple when I could for the same money purchase 2.5 Oranges?

Without a great out of pocket expense, I get to experience a tablet and see if I'm interested in incorporating them into my work flow.

The plus is the 7" form factor and the amazing OS. If 2.0 turns out well as I suspect, I'll be buying another for my wife.

ps
    I want to thank rim for giving me the opportunity to experience a great tablet without a huge investment.
    01-29-12 09:14 AM
    One of the reasons I don't and won't buy apple stuff is because of A-Hole apple users who love to demean people who "aren't smart enough" to buy apple products. Hardly a week goes by that an apple zombie tells me how dumb I am for buying a PB. Usually, if I have the time, I ask them if they want to do a little side by side comparison. After the comparison, all they can say is "Yeah, but we have more apps."

Personally, I don't care which tablet someone else buys. If it works for them, great. The PB is what works for me. Live and let live.
    This happens to everyone. Have a BB? You'll here crap from MSFT/Android/Apple people.
    Have an Android? You'll get crap from BB/Apple/MSFT. And etc.
    But, it's foolish to categorize them as a whole group when it's only an extremist that will stupidly go out and claim any one product they own is the bust of them all. Apple, BB, MSFT, and Android products each do something incredibly well. They also have their negatives. I know it might somehow be hard to believe, but MSFT computers DO in fact out sell Macs 5:1. You seriously think there are more people on Apple's side doing the arguing?
    I always here crap from from Windows users, and it almost always comes from users who buy junk and try to raise a stink about how they got such a great deal and what not. It's never about everything as a whole. They only cherry pick everything that is important to their argument, and neglect the other important parts, like quality, customer experience, service, junk-ware, and etc.

I have yet to hear an argument that is actually relevant to all concepts associated to a device's price.

So, who is the one raising all the concerns and arguments? The one who probably can't afford something, so the belittle it/them. The one who is too incompetent and biased to know anything outside their realm of reality and truth. And those who have insecurity issues.

I get a real good laugh out of people that mock ONLY Apple on their Mac prices by saying you can build your own computer for the same price, and have it run much faster, and etc. How exactly does that not hold true for EVERY other PC vendor out there? There are such biased people in this world.

Just use what you like, shut up, and sit down(not you 1911)! That's what I've got to say about them.
    01-29-12 09:34 AM
    bang on ! lets enjoy what we have no point getting into needless discussions.
    cntrydncr223 and ftatul like this.
    01-29-12 11:04 AM
    For me it was simple.

Why buy an Apple when I could for the same money purchase 2.5 Oranges?

Without a great out of pocket expense, I get to experience a tablet and see if I'm interested in incorporating them into my work flow.

The plus is the 7" form factor and the amazing OS. If 2.0 turns out well as I suspect, I'll be buying another for my wife.

ps
    I want to thank rim for giving me the opportunity to experience a great tablet without a huge investment.
    A lot of people bought their Apple when the Orange was about the same price.

Later on, when the Orange was 40% of the price of the Apple, and they were confident that the Orange would upgrade its taste, because the original taste wasn't meeting their needs, they then bought the Orange.
    01-29-12 12:26 PM
    A lot of people bought their Apple when the Orange was about the same price.

Later on, when the Orange was 40% of the price of the Apple, and they were confident that the Orange would upgrade its taste, because the original taste wasn't meeting their needs, they then bought the Orange.
    Yeah and the Oranges are about to come into season again. The freshly squeezed stuff is always more tasty....and most likely more costly.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 01-29-12 at 12:40 PM.
    01-29-12 12:37 PM
    Tool or Toy, Tool starts with a B, Toy starts with a I! Take your pick! Enough Said!
    01-29-12 12:48 PM
    You know the slogan, "location, location, location"? I particularly like one that states, "variety is the spice of life".

We all have differing needs. Those needs aren't permanent. They may change, sometimes like the wind. They may remain steady and strong. No matter, either way.

As posted, all devices have their strengths and weaknesses. Better IU, apps, storage, memory, stock shares ~ where does it end? And what does it matter?

I'm not into comparison and debate about which product is superior. Nor do I care about anyone's opinion of my bb obsession/loyalty/ever growing collection, etc.

I'm not into "keeping up with the Jones'" or status symbols, or being in the "in" crowd. I'm just into being me, and enjoying my toys.

IMO, the important point/question is, DOES IT FILL MY NEEDS?

Let's all go out and have a pleasant day.
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 01-29-12 at 05:42 PM.
    mike4444 and jafobabe like this.
    01-29-12 12:55 PM
    ps
    It's amazing what the absence of sales can do for a product's price; will be interesting to see where the price goes from here.
    01-29-12 01:05 PM
    they are both tablets and can be compared for that reason.

yes they are different sizes and may be aimed at different markets, but that does not mean they cannot be compared.

People compare driving to work and taking the bus... these are two different things in many ways, yet they are similar in enough to be compared
    01-29-12 01:09 PM
    they are both tablets and can be compared for that reason.

yes they are different sizes and may be aimed at different markets, but that does not mean they cannot be compared.

People compare driving to work and taking the bus... these are two different things in many ways, yet they are similar in enough to be compared
    I didn't say they should not or could not be compared.

I said it didn't need to be a debate on which is superior since the are completely different, serve diffrent purposes (and therefore different audiences) and really comes down to personal opinion (hence the title "apples and oranges").

And I didn't say YOU shouldn't debate or compare, what I said was "I'm not into comparison and debate about which product is superior".

Sure compare away. Voice opinons. But it's not really argument material because in the end, it comes down to "what works for me" (still).

JMHO
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 01-29-12 at 05:44 PM.
    01-29-12 02:11 PM
    I didn't say they should not or could not be compared.

I said it didn't need to be a debate on which is superior since the are completely different, serve diffrent purposes (and therefore different audiences) and really comes down to personal opinion (hence the title "apples and oranges").

And I didn't say YOU shouldn't debate or compare, waht I said was "I'm not into comparison and debate about which produce it superior".

Sure compare away. Voice opinons. But it's not really argument material because in the end, it comes down to "what works for me" (still).

JMHO

I know what you said im just arguing the opposite to show what people would say to you
    01-29-12 02:25 PM
    I know what you said im just arguing the opposite to show what people would say to you
    ok......... you didn't say that...
    and in fact, you were the only one who said it to me...

Not sure that was really necessary, but thanks for playing.
    01-29-12 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD