So, I have to ask the question.. How many workers were killed making the Blackberry Playbook..

Yes, thats

ZERO

This is another reason why I choose not to buy & why I boycot Apple products..

Foxconn Explosion Kills Two, iPad Production Line Halted | Gizmodo Australia
    Last edited by cheetah2k; 05-21-11 at 03:41 AM.
    05-21-11 03:37 AM
    So, I have to ask the question.. How many workers were killed making the Blackberry Playbook..

Yes, thats

ZERO

This is another reason why I choose not to buy & why I boycot Apple products..

Foxconn Explosion Kills Two, iPad Production Line Halted | Gizmodo Australia
    How is that explosion apple's fault again?
    05-21-11 03:49 AM
    2 people died and this is you have to say?? Your pathetic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-11 03:52 AM
    2 people died and this is you have to say?? Your pathetic.

2 people died and you have to flame me? You are even more pathetic.

And yeah, i can see the OP talking about the death of 2 people, went straight ahead blaming something unrelated and comparing it to something even more unrelated, just to cause controversy.

Someone who wants to sympathize with the death of somebody does not go posting crap like this.
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-21-11 at 03:58 AM.
    05-21-11 03:54 AM
    Let's see if I get this in before the lock...

It's not Apple's fault that this happened. They don't know the cause yet. And if blame were to fall somewhere it would fall with Foxconn, the company who's facility it is(and already a dodgy track record). There is no reason to post it just to start a hate thread against Apple.

05-21-11 04:03 AM

And yeah, i can see the OP talking about the death of 2 people, went straight ahead blaming something unrelated and comparing it to something even more unrelated, just to cause controversy.

Someone who wants to sympathize with the death of somebody does not go posting crap like this.
    Dude, I wasn't flaming you. I was telling the OP how ignorant of him to post something like this.

You misread my post. Oh I also forgot to quote him.

Last edited by blazed12; 05-21-11 at 04:09 AM.
    05-21-11 04:07 AM

I don't think he was flaming you. Looks to me like he was bashing the OP.
    05-21-11 04:13 AM
    Dude, I wasn't flaming you. I was telling the OP how ignorant of him to post something like this.

You misread my post.

I apologize then, its just that lately, there have been quite a few ******* adopting the same fanatic mentality of that of the OP, so yeah... im pretty sure the thread would have taken a whole different path if he had actually focused on the explosion and the victims...
    05-21-11 04:14 AM
    I apologize then, its just that lately, there have been quite a few ******* adopting the same fanatic mentality of that of the OP, so yeah... im pretty sure the thread would have taken a whole different path if he had actually focused on the explosion and the victims...
    It's cool dont worry about it

05-21-11 04:17 AM
    Its interesting to see all the Apple fanboys coming out of the wood work on this forum..

This is not a hate thread. This is a thread that emphasizes the fact that no one was killed producing any of Blackberry's products world wide.

It also raises the question as to why people working for Apple, continue to die.

So sure flame me all you want, maybe even laugh it up saying "many Boffins died getting this information" but regardless of where this accident happened, Apple is ultimately responsible for the safety of all of its people working under the Apple banner, including its subcontractors.
    05-21-11 04:42 AM
    Regardless everybody have to say, there was indeed people died in this incident.
    And we must, at least, feel sympathy towards them.
    As for Apple, they can't be blamed fully. Instead, put the blame on Foxconn low safety measure at workplace. Apple's fault is by having 'low-cheap' sub-contractor for making their products. They could have choose better companies or force this one to improve their safety.

Sorry, but I meant no flames for writing this.
    cheetah2k likes this.
    05-21-11 04:57 AM
    Really?

I think this thread is inappropriate and should be deleted.

It's nowhere close to reality - and how does the OP know if RIM hasn't caused people to die? Maybe writing BBM messages while walking the streets? Maybe on a construction side, but you never heard of it?...

This has just nothing to do with Apple.

Foxconn has around 300.000 employees btw and it does not only work for Apple...
    Last edited by Takeo; 05-21-11 at 05:05 AM.
    05-21-11 05:02 AM
    Its interesting to see all the Apple fanboys coming out of the wood work on this forum..

This is not a hate thread. This is a thread that emphasizes the fact that no one was killed producing any of Blackberry's products world wide.

It also raises the question as to why people working for Apple, continue to die.

So sure flame me all you want, maybe even laugh it up saying "many Boffins died getting this information" but regardless of where this accident happened, Apple is ultimately responsible for the safety of all of its people working under the Apple banner, including its subcontractors.
    Foxconn does not work solely on apple products, foxconn is a whole different company that manufactures products for other large companies like dell, hp, sony, microsoft and many others, search around please and get the whole list, how is apple responsible for the safety of foxconn's people? when they are not even owned by apple. Foxconn employees are not working for apple, they are working for foxconn, which is doing a job for apple.

So basically if i, as a company, ask another company to make me 1000 custom motherboards and their facility explodes, its my fault?

If i, as a company, order something on the internet and ask fedex to deliver it and the vehicle has a gas leak and explodes, its my fault?

If i, as a company, order a dealership to place an order for 100 cars built with my specifications and the factory explodes, its my fault?

Its interesting that newcomers like you easily mistake people capable of thinking with fanboys...

I really feel bad for the people who died, but clearly, this discussion is not about that, but the supposed "fault" apple has because foxconn's facility exploded while making their ipad.
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-21-11 at 05:22 AM.
    05-21-11 05:03 AM
    great original post. super relevant to BB's tablet too.

I was having my afternoon tea with Jobs yesterday and he was telling me how proud he was about what happened at that factory, because unlike his other evil masterplans to ruin the world, he actually flew to China and carried this one out himself. and like the super stealthy ninja that Steve is, he did it totally undetected AND managed to make it look like an accident. You gotta give it to Apple; they've really gotten good at KILLING PEOPLE.

seriously though, lock lock lock! delete delete delete!!
    Last edited by belsunce; 05-21-11 at 05:49 AM.
    05-21-11 05:47 AM

Are you a ****** or something??...how you can blame apple for this accident is truly beyond me and shows how ignorant you really are.

And no apple is not responsible for their sub contractors workers...you absolutely know sweet FA about what your yapping on about so i suggest you log yourself out and go outside for some fresh air.

Also tell me how do you know that no worker has been killed whilst working in a factory making BB's??...just because its Apple its so easy to hate on them and before you start im not a huge fan of Apple myself...although i have an iphone4 which i do like but its about the only apple product i can bring myself to buy.
    05-21-11 05:54 AM
    Unreal. Why is this so hard for people to understand: Foxconn employees do not work for Apple. Apple and Foxconn are not the same company. Apple did not kill anyone.

As gbsn mentioned, if anyone wants to blame Apple for this, then they also need to blame Sony, Dell, HP, etc. It's disturbing what lengths some people will go to in an attempt to bash Apple. What morons.
    05-21-11 05:56 AM
    May God be with the family and friends of those who lost their lives.

OP, engage thy brain before posting please
    05-21-11 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD