If anyone knows the correct steps to set up all of the above in OS 2.0, I'd appreciate some guidance.

Why RIM didn't include a wizard like they did for Gmail, etc . . . is a little bit of surprise.

T.J.
    02-21-12 06:48 PM
    Hmm...now the wizard is working for email . . .

Calendar seems to indicate some kind of communication error and no luck still with contacts.
    boldbob likes this.
    02-21-12 06:58 PM
    Email is working:
    Incoming server: imap.mail.me.com
    Port: 993
    Choose ssl

Outgoing:
    smtp.mail.me.com
    Port: 587
    Choose startTLS

Also got contacts to work:
    Server: contacts.icloud.com

Calendar does not seem to work, should be: caldav.icloud.com but it does not seem to do anything.
    02-22-12 12:27 PM
    icloud contacts

Accounts->Add New Account->Email,Caledar & Contacts->Advanced Setup->CardDAV

Description - icloud
    username - [email protected] / [email protected]
    email address - [email protected] / [email protected]
    password - xxx
    server address - p03-contacts.icloud.com:443
    Last edited by RahimKanjiyani; 02-22-12 at 05:18 PM.
    02-22-12 05:10 PM
    icloud contacts

Accounts->Add New Account->Email,Caledar & Contacts->Advanced Setup->CardDAV

Description - icloud
    username - [email protected] / [email protected]
    email address - [email protected] / [email protected]
    password - xxx
    server address - p03-contacts.icloud.com:443
    This worked for me but all my contacts appear twice and deleting one of the two deletes both. I deleted the account and recreated it but same thing.
    Last edited by Sergeant HCR; 02-23-12 at 11:13 AM.
    02-23-12 11:06 AM
    Works for me. I did face duplicate issue for the first time but worked for me after deleting and recreating the account.

Try with ip address 17.158.10.37 as server address. If duplicate issue persists, delete the account and try again with p03-contacts.icloud.com:443
    02-23-12 11:28 PM
    Works for me. I did face duplicate issue for the first time but worked for me after deleting and recreating the account.

Try with ip address 17.158.10.37 as server address. If duplicate issue persists, delete the account and try again with p03-contacts.icloud.com:443
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried p03 already as well as p0x. I tried the 17. addy but duplicates again. Looks like I'll have to consider moving my contacts to gmail or hotmail.
    02-24-12 07:08 AM
    I stopped wasting anymore time trying to get iCloud working and moved all my contacts to Hotmail. iPhone, Outlook and PB all seem to be syncing nicely.I created 3 contacts, one on each, and the other devices got the contacts,
    02-24-12 12:56 PM
    Anyone who has iCloud Calendar working?
    02-24-12 11:15 PM
    I made some progress...perhaps this will help move this thread along.

I did get my PlayBook (OS 2.0) Calendar app to recognize iCloud Calendar and create an account.

The settings in the Server Address box (creating three individual calendars) I used are:

pxx-caldav.icloud.com:443/xxxxxxxxxx/calendars/home/

pxx-caldav.icloud.com:443/xxxxxxxxxx/calendars/work/

pxx-caldav.icloud.com:443/xxxxxxxxxx/calendars/tasks/

for my iCloud Home, Work and Reminders calendars respectively.

The xx=01,02,03, etc depending on your server configuration. You can find this by setting up a Shared Calendar on iCloud.com. The 10-digit xxxxxxxxxx number is your account ID. I got this by setting up my iCloud account in iCal on my MacBook running Snow Leopard and looking in the account information under Preferences.

The trick to gaining access to the iCloud calendars on the PB is using the suffixes <home>, <work>, and <tasks> and setting up each as individual calendars.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the calendar to fully sync. If I add an event on my PB Calendar app, it appears in iCloud. If I add an event in iCloud, it will not appear on the PB Calendar. Further, when I sync my PB Calendar app with iCloud account, my PB entry disappears.

Hoping someone can pick up the thread from hear and move it forward.
    02-26-12 11:12 AM
    I have not gotten Calendar to sync per my above post, but Contacts are syncing (both ways). I did experience some problems setting this up at first (I tried three times over a few hours).

Some duplicates, then a failure to connect. I think the server side was experiencing problems. I am not sure, but using the given settings, I am now sync'd. It can take a while for the contacts to fully populate the PB when you first establish the account, so be patient.

Here are the settings I used:

Contacts (syncs both ways)

Description: <iCloud> (or whatever you want to use)
    Username: <Your Apple ID> this must be an email address now (used to not be the case) and it may/may not be your [email protected] address depending on how you set it up.
    Email Address: [email protected]
    Password: <your iCloud password for the above email account>
    Server Address: <contacts.icloud.com> (I tried a few other strings and one time, the server populated this field on the PB with <p03-contacts.icloud.com:443>)
    Sync Interval: 30 minutes (or whatever you want to use)

I got Email working but not fully. I get push to my PB and reply/forward/etc. If I deleted an email on the PB, it would delete on iCloud. I could not find an option to delete only on device (like on my BB 9930). Also, sent emails did not appear in my iCloud sent mail box.

So, I deleted the PB email account and set up iCloud email on my BB 9930 and use BB Bridge now. I can now delete only on 9930 (I have all options per BB 9930 menu) and sent mail appears in iCloud. The only thing that doesn't work is that I do not get mail sent from iCloud on my 9930 sent folder since a "Sent" folder is not established when setting up the iCloud account on the 9930.
    02-28-12 08:18 PM
    Newbie PB user here...

So I got contacts to work too. Sync both ways and all appears to be working beautifully with iCloud - thanks to the posts on this thread (Calico).

Struggling with your instructions on the Calendar though. Cannot see the ten digit ID in iCal Preferences. I am also running Snow Leopard (10.7.4). Any navigation help gratefully received. Did you manage to get it working yet.

Yahoo! seems to work perfectly, however.

Thanks.
    07-10-12 02:08 PM
    With the above information I was able to get my contacts to sync to my playbook although I have yet to determine if they are properly syncing from my PB back to my iCloud account. I have the calendar 'connected' but it does not seem to be downloading the calendar details to my PB. If I add an event on my PB it syncs back to my iCloud. I am a little confused by this as well, have anyone else made headway on this?
    10-23-12 07:28 PM
    Newbie PB user here...

So I got contacts to work too. Sync both ways and all appears to be working beautifully with iCloud - thanks to the posts on this thread (Calico).

Struggling with your instructions on the Calendar though. Cannot see the ten digit ID in iCal Preferences. I am also running Snow Leopard (10.7.4). Any navigation help gratefully received. Did you manage to get it working yet.

Yahoo! seems to work perfectly, however.

Thanks.
    I found my unique ID by looking at the source code in my iCloud account for my photo (I had to set a photo up). It gives you a string and you can find it there.
    10-23-12 07:30 PM
    Interesting (and not a little annoying) I have something similar happening. If I add a calendar event on my pb, it syncs nicely to icloud. If I then add a new event to the pb, it syncs to iCloud but the previous event on my pb is deleted. One stage further - If I create an event on pb, it syncs up to iCloud. I then leave it (the pb) to perform a sync automatically (set for 15 minutes) and when it does, the event disappears from the pb. I hope this is clear enough for someone to understand. Any solution gratefully accepted. AND calendar events in icloud are not synced (sunk ?) back tp pb

Kindest
    Last edited by bisleybloke; 10-27-12 at 03:52 PM. Reason: clarification
    10-27-12 03:47 PM
    Thanks for for posting this! I have contacts now working, and suddenly have a lot more people appear in my video chat as well, due to richer contact sources.

Will try calendaring later ... looks like a pain.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 10-28-12 at 11:12 AM.
    10-27-12 03:57 PM
    I tried the settings above for iCloud Calendar synchronization (my server is a "p07", and I found my ID in the Info.plist file under ~/Library/Calendars/<UUID>.caldav/ : it's an 8-digit number and not a 10-digit one), but it does not work.
    So I played a little bit with the server address and tried something I saw in the Info.plist file: <key>DefaultCalendarPath</key> whose value was /<ID>/calendars/home
    I set this value in the server field and it was able to connect, however, nothing appears in the PlayBook calendar, maybe sync takes some time, I'll check later and try also to add an event on PlayBook side to see if sync works at least this way.
    Thanks for the good previous posts!
    10-29-12 05:17 AM
    Anyone know if Apple has changed anything recently? I just wiped my PlayBook and can't for the life of me get MAIL to work. Contacts? No prob. Calendar? No prob. But email? **** it making me mad!
    03-05-13 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD