If it makes you feel any better OP, the media bashed Apple relentlessly when they were down in the mid/late 90s (and that Apple was in even worse shape than RIM). Sharks always swarm when there is blood in the water.
    Apple began it's turnaround when they got rid of their CEO and brought back SJ. Maybe RIM needs to get rid of their Co-CEOs so they can begin their turnaround?
    10-17-11 10:38 AM
    One thing Apple doesn't seem to have an issue with is.....sales.

"Apple said on Monday that it sold more than four million iPhone 4S devices in the first weekend the smartphone has been on sale."

Apple Says iPhone 4S Sales Top Four Million in First Weekend - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

Going to be interesting to see RIM's latests earnings results and sales figures.
    I know! : http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/11/canaccord-sees-strong-global-blackberry-7-sales-in-september

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 11:29 AM
    "Apple has issues too", Yep but I guess 4 million 4s sales in 1 weekend might be the answer we're missing!

It shocked me, I personally thought the 4s would be slow to be adopted.
    10-17-11 12:03 PM
    I believe some of the "slack" Apple gets cut is because of their stellar after the sale service. Got a problem - get a Genius to help you. I have seen friends with Iphones and expired warranty, dropped and cracked screens, etc get satisfaction in an Apple store, even when the letter of the law says they should not. I don't know a company that seems to understand service after the sale as well as Apple does. They make it really hard to stay mad at them. Now I understand you pay for that service but most folks with Iproducts do so happily.

I had a warranty issue with my 6 week old 9810. No Blackberry store to take it to so I called ATT and because I was 2 weeks out of 30 days, had to use the warranty service. 3 phone calls later, I have to go to a corp ATT store and show them I did not drop my phone or cause the problem (hardware related) myself (my phone looks like it just came out of the box btw). 3 more calls while in the ATT store. Now I have to wait 3 days for the phone to come and finally its worked out.

I am addicted to Crackberry and do not want an Iphone so please don't label me hating RIM I have had every major ATT BB since the 8820. I love the ability to personalize my phone, and do things that Iphones are just now getting. I have a Playbook I love as well.

There are folks who use their computing equipment just as they do their toaster or microwave and they love the fact that Apple has their back or at least they are just a trip to an Apple Store away from getting their precious Idevice back. I think it buys Apple protection that RIM doesn't get, and short of major investments in Blackberry stores around the nation, might not be able to get.
    Blame that on ATT, not RIM.

I have had my 9780 replaced, via next-day air, by T-Mobile without them ever having to see the phone. The only condition was if it was water damaged I would have to pay. Since it was not, I did not pay anything to have it replaced under warranty.
    10-17-11 12:42 PM
    RIM just needs to sell the sizzle not the steak, and to under promise and over deliver to regain top position.
    10-17-11 01:15 PM
    Blame that on ATT, not RIM.

I have had my 9780 replaced, via next-day air, by T-Mobile without them ever having to see the phone. The only condition was if it was water damaged I would have to pay. Since it was not, I did not pay anything to have it replaced under warranty.
    Maybe this is a good indication that RIM should look into BB stores. I don't anyone who would prefer to walk right up to a live person face to face and have their questions answered. It also forces accountability. It's easy to blow people off over the phone but I guarantee more would get done and in a timely fashion if they knew people had somewhere to go and someone to look in the eyes and yell at when it didn't.

It's something they should seriously look into.
    10-17-11 01:49 PM
    It shocked me, I personally thought the 4s would be slow to be adopted.
    Me too. I bought one strictly for testing (iOS developer). It's very solid and noticeably faster than the previous iPhone 4, but nothing exciting in terms of hardware unless you're a camera nerd or into Siri (which is very impressive). I suspect a lot of the buyers are upgrading from a 3GS, since we're well past the two year contract period of the 3GS intro in June 2009. For those people, the 4S is a compelling upgrade.
    10-17-11 02:33 PM
    I suspect a lot of the buyers are upgrading from a 3GS, since we're well past the two year contract period of the 3GS intro in June 2009. For those people, the 4S is a compelling upgrade.
    You hit the nail on the head. My sister had a 3GS and had no intentions on upgrading. She doesn't upgrade just to upgrade. Well she spilled coffee on her 3GS a week before the 4s launched and lost the sound in her speaker. She could only talk with headphones or on Bluetooth in the car so she sucked it up and upgraded. She is AMAZED with the 4s. For her this is the "iPhone 5 type" upgrade the iPhone 4 users were looking for.
    10-17-11 04:55 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD