Seems to me Thor trying to make blackberry user feel better about themselves by using his product. When did a product start defining a person? and you wonder why people say blackberry marketing sucks. this is a prime example.

His logic makes no sense at all. somehow blackberry user search and download app more than other smartphone user = to have more purpose in life. how can anyone buy what he is saying and try to make sense of it, unless they're trying to falsely make themselves feel better without actually accomplishing anything, beside owning a blackberry.

The most ironic part is blackberry got the least apps compared to apple and android. Also, what can you do in blackberry that u cant do in iOS or Android??? Out of the 3 there is no question blackberry is the weakest.
    I do like the physical keyboard and the integration of messaging and social apps on BB better than iOS or Android. That's what I miss most when on my iPhone. I'm pretty decent on my onscreen typing though - as fast as on my 9900.

At work due to the construction of the building the middle portion of the floor I get 1-2 bars on my iPhone. I get 5 on the BB, so the signal is another thing, although I never dropped a call on iPhone nor had issues with clarity ( I did have my 9900 reboot in the middle of a call although it hasn't done that for a while).

I vastly prefer email on iPhone.

I really like what I saw yesterday - a lot of it is 'borrowed' from WebOS - particularly the flow concept in the email app. Honestly? The all time greatest OS for any cell ever? WebOS. Hands down.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    05-02-12 12:03 PM
    I don't bash iPhone users. How many times do I have to repeat that my parents and grandparents all use one?

I'm questioning the logic of die hard iPhone users constantly coming to CrackBerry to defend iPhone and bash BlackBerry.

Who cares about the iPhone? Great, you like it.

This is a BlackBerry forum.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    05-02-12 12:49 PM
    Then why have you suddenly started bashing those who use them? We used to be able to have conversations but now you seem to have suddenly gone into attack mode. It's good to know what you really think of other posters you were formerly civil to.

You know full well I use my 9900 probably 2 weeks out of every month. I go back and forth. What I took issue with was your insulting (and yes, your post stopped short of implying all iPhone users are taking a short bus) millions of people who own and use iPhones - which includes Kevin, Bla1ze and a good chunk of the staff of this very site, not to mention your parents - and complete lack of awareness to acknowledge that there are things other platforms can do that BB can't.

Blind fanaticism sucks whether it's toward Apple or RIM. Just saying. Just like when Kevin expressed disappointment in the direction of RIM people wanted him fired from CB (and don't even GET me started on the BS reaction to him covering something for iMore ).

There are things my BB does better than my iPhone - radio signal, messaging and social integration for example. There are others my iPhone does better - multimedia, app support, battery life for starters. People can like and use both. The world won't end.

Doesn't mean it's okay to paint everyone with a pretty offensive brush because you don't agree with that.

Just saying.

Will I get a BB10 phone? Based on some of what I saw likely. Does that mean I must automatically become an Apple hater? No. They both do things very well.

Also to be fair you are comparing all Android products against one of the worst battery life phones - the Thunderbolt. While I have used three models of Android from three different manufacturers, I wouldn't paint all Android with a brush because I hated my HTC.

And for what it's worth I'm a member of Crackberry, android central, webOS nation and iMore. I post on all (albeit not often on android or webOS anymore), because I own and use all (BB, iOS, android and webOS on my touchpad). I post more on CB as I've been a member longest.

Tapatalk
    That's all very nice but it gets a bit old when most of your posts end up in "my blackberry is in my drawer"

For your information, we don't hate Apple or the Iphone, we hate Iphone owners that never stop ******** about Rim and preaching how their iphone is better and how Rim is dead. I've been listening how Rim is dead for about 4 years now, it gets very tireing.

Somebody coined an expression for such people and I think it will catch on, "unpaid hitmen"
    Chrisy and bigbmc26 like this.
    05-02-12 12:49 PM
    Excatly, I praise iPhone and tell how much I liked my Android at times.

But I don't go around on iMore saying much iPhone sucks and BlackBerry is better.

Renee, why are you here so much if you don't like nor use your BlackBerry phones? You said they are in your drawer.

So what do you want from CrackBerry Nation? How can we help you?

Again, I don't hate any platfomr. I just don't care about them when I'm on CrackBerry. Is that hard to get?

We can't talk BlackBerry here anymore with the usual suspects chiming in with "my iphone is better" "RIM is doomed" "what can BlackBerry do". Blah. Blah.

Just because tyou have "three BlackBerry phones sitting in a drawer" doesn't give you the go ahead to post crap about iPhones here constantly.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-02-12 at 12:57 PM.
    05-02-12 12:53 PM
    I don't bash iPhone users. How many times do I have to repeat that my parents and grandparents all use one?

I'm questioning the logic of die hard iPhone users constantly coming to CrackBerry to defend iPhone and bash BlackBerry.

Who cares about the iPhone? Great, you like it.

This is a BlackBerry forum.
    This is the part these apple fanatics conveniently ignore....I think most of us on Crackberry have had enough of the ifans coming into these forums to talk trash and stir up the pot, when there are other forums where they can post their swill. Has it occured to anybody who feels "offended" by BB fans that maybe, just maybe, we have had more then enough of your BS, your thread derailments, your whiney cries of feeling slighted when a BB fan just loses it and defends himself by calling out you pathological trolls?
    Chrisy and bigbmc26 like this.
    05-02-12 01:00 PM
    That's it. Renee we do get along. I like you. I'm just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over talking about the iPhone here.

Just let us talk and muse about BlackBerry in peace.

Like, give us a month or something. Ban everyone that doesn't actively use BlackBerry for one month.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    05-02-12 01:04 PM
    We know. Our BlackBerry phone sucks. Thanks for the WAKE UP and let us alone now.
    05-02-12 01:06 PM
    Chrisy, again, since you missed it, - I DON'T HATE MY BLACKBERRY. I USE IT PROBABLY 50% OF THE TIME. IT'S IN A DRAWER RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IM WAITING FOR THE SOFTWARE FIX FOR THE DOESN'T WORK IN SUNLIGHT BUG.

I really don't know how much more clearly I can say that.

I will, how ever, correct misinformation about ios if I see it. Sorry if that's an issue.

Tapatalk
    05-02-12 01:17 PM
    I swear, if I hear "blackberry in the drawer" one more time........
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-02-12 01:20 PM
    Fine. It's on the shelf now. Happy?

Tapatalk
    05-02-12 01:21 PM
    LOL. Well, come back when you use a BlackBerry then. I don't care about the iPhone. We all know the comparisons by now. How can we not?

I don't post misinformation. I say my parents use one. It's user friendly. Find ANY of my posts in this thread where I say an untruth about the iPhone. I challenge you.

IPhone is great phone. We are on a BlackBerry forum. I'm tired of hearing from about the damn iPhone.
    05-02-12 01:24 PM
    I get the message. I can only post here when my sim card is in my BB. This will be helpful since I actually sell RIM products and need to be up to date wih information but I'm now aware that I am not welcome anymore if I want to participate in a thread that is titled 'Apple is genius' to correct misinformation about Apple products as an Apple and BB user. Message received.

So as to not offend anyone here, I am using my 9900 to post this. I can use it because I'm inside at the moment so the screen and trackpad actually work.

Better?

This board has changed so much in the last 4 years.

Sent from my BB Bold 9900 using Tapatalk.
    05-02-12 01:29 PM
    I get the message. I can only post here when my sim card is in my BB. This will be helpful since I actually sell RIM products and need to be up to date wih information but I'm now aware that I am not welcome anymore if I want to participate in a thread that is titled 'Apple is genius' to correct misinformation about Apple products as an Apple and BB user. Message received.

So as to not offend anyone here, I am using my 9900 to post this. I can use it because I'm inside at the moment so the screen and trackpad actually work.

Better?

This board has changed so much in the last 4 years.

Which begs the question, if one was sick of talking about Apple, why have so many posts in an "Apple is Genius" thread?

Also, why is an "Apple is Genius" thread in the PlayBook section. The mystery continues...
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-02-12 01:33 PM
    You say you're here for you to date BlackBerry info for your job yet you post almost exclusively about iPhone.

Yes, the board has changed. It used to be a place where we talked about our BlackBerry devices? Remember that?

And your post is still JUST to bash your BlackBerry.

By the way, I worked for Verizon for a long time. Your employer should be providing you the training and resources as well as your reps. That's not an excuse to continually post crap about a phone this forum isn't dedicated to, and to just slam a phone that's either always in your drawer or about to go back to the drawer.

It's pretty transparent that you mention your locked away BlackBerry so much just to justify youre being on a BlackBerry site and talking about iPhone in your every post.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    05-02-12 01:35 PM
    Well, come back when you use a BlackBerry then.
    I love my bb & pb but that's really sad. We should be able to have a discussion in here without people on either side getting so defensive. It's an electronic device...that's all. Wish you guys a great day!
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-02-12 01:36 PM

Am I allowed to be a member now?

If you read back a bit I actually break down the things the BB does better than iPhone.

I'm not doing this anymore. Do me and the board a favour. Put me on ignore. In doing the same. It's sad to me that you are going around telling people what can, can't, and who isn't welcome on Crackberry.

05-02-12 01:42 PM
    I'm not offended. I just don't come here as much for my BlackBerry news. No big deal to me. Sad for CrackBerry. Hopefully sometime we can get back to discussing BlackBerry phones.

As I am in many other threads.
    I hope we can get the discussions back on track as well. I find the threads started deliberately (not saying this one specifically) to start trouble disturbing. Having a discussion like grownups about differences is one thing. Coming in here to say you dumped your pb for something else and thumbing your nose at the Crackberry members is something else. Sometimes I have to stay away for a few days to keep my inner peace.
    05-02-12 01:45 PM
    The title here wasn't really good at all. The content at first was though. It's valid. I don't use apps on my Playbook. I use the browser. That's what the discuss was. I have used apps in the past and found I still preferred using the browser. That's the same as on my PlayBook.
    05-02-12 01:46 PM
    I love my bb & pb but that's really sad. We should be able to have a discussion in here without people on either side getting so defensive. It's an electronic device...that's all. Wish you guys a great day!
    Know what is really funny? Not that long ago, the forum collectively wanted to lynch Chrisy for a perceived anti-BB bias... all because Chrisy liked Android, and said it often.

Now, Belfast and Chrisy like each others posts.

My, my. How things have changed.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    brucep1, kennyliu and reeneebob like this.
    05-02-12 01:48 PM
    Seems to me Thor trying to make blackberry user feel better about themselves by using his product. When did a product start defining a person? and you wonder why people say blackberry marketing sucks. this is a prime example.

His logic makes no sense at all. somehow blackberry user search and download app more than other smartphone user = to have more purpose in life. how can anyone buy what he is saying and try to make sense of it, unless they're trying to falsely make themselves feel better without actually accomplishing anything, beside owning a blackberry.
    Apple has spent years and years saying that people who own iProducts are more creative than most and rebels to the establishment. It's a mood that sells well... or did you not notice?

The most ironic part is blackberry got the least apps compared to apple and android. Also, what can you do in blackberry that u cant do in iOS or Android??? Out of the 3 there is no question blackberry is the weakest.
    The new "standard" that Apple "set" was about /counting/ apps. The original iPhone had no apps. Steve Jobs didn't even want third party apps (which is what makes the iPhone what it is today). Nokia, Palm, RIM, Windows Mobile already had apps, just never counted them as a marketing gimmick.

Apple did a good job of removing practically every feature people expected out of a phone (cameras, bluetooth, batteries, memory cards, wallpaper, ring tones, cut & paste, video chat, etc.), sell them on the idea of simplicity, and slowly reintroduced the features as innovations.
    05-02-12 01:50 PM
    Sure we had and still have our differences but when she's right she's right and she makes perfect sense in this thread.

I am fed up with hearing about the iphone.

What is amazing is how many iphone owners "LIKE" Blackberry facebook pages just to post about how the iphone is better.

Unpaid hitmen, it's not just on Crackberry, they're everywhere and I'm fed up with them.
    05-02-12 02:36 PM
    Which begs the question, if one was sick of talking about Apple, why have so many posts in an "Apple is Genius" thread?

Also, why is an "Apple is Genius" thread in the PlayBook section. The mystery continues...
    Did you report this to the MOD's for placing it in the appropriate forum...if so, you were simply ignored (translation MOD bad).; if not, then your bad.
    05-02-12 04:25 PM
    We got two iMac's, two iPhone 4, an iPad 2, an Apple Time Capsule and a hacked Apple TV in the house.
    I also have two Playbook's (one for me, and one for my daughter)....and I'm happy with all those devices.

Why all the hate: just grab what you want and use it, don't listen to the immature screaming trolls. It's your money and it's your choice...
    I don't hate, I just prefer some devices more than others, but I don't have the need to bash everything that doesn't meet my expectations.

Personally, I don't give a sh.t what people are thinking about Apple or RIM products: I just use and enjoy them...
    05-02-12 05:39 PM
    We got two iMac's, two iPhone 4, an iPad 2, an Apple Time Capsule and a hacked Apple TV in the house.
    I also have two Playbook's (one for me, and one for my daughter)....and I'm happy with all those devices.

Why all the hate: just grab what you want and use it, don't listen to the immature screaming trolls. It's your money and it's your choice...
    I don't hate, I just prefer some devices more than others, but I don't have the need to bash everything that doesn't meet my expectations.

Personally, I don't give a sh.t what people are thinking about Apple or RIM products: I just use and enjoy them...
    Same for me. I have an iPhone 4, an iPad, 2 Android phones, a Windows Phone 7, 2 WinMo phones and a Playbook. I love having and using them all for various reasons.
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-02-12 05:43 PM
    I concede that Apple won and Rim lost. Why can't others just admit it?

Let's just hope Rim can make a come back with bb10 devices by 2015. This is the best case scenario.
    05-02-12 06:58 PM
398 ... 1213141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD