frankly I find it hypocritical of someone telling me not to talk about Apple when your on a Blackberry website on an iPhone. There are plenty of other Apple websites.
    TOUCH�!!! Lol awesome
    04-30-12 08:31 PM
    RIM built a great tablet. The tablet is lacking in apps. People want apps, if they need apps. Or not is debatable and subjective to the person and their needs. Everyone is different. I get my with social stuff with the browser it works great for that. I could really use more business type apps that would be nice. I got into this knowing the situation its fine for me I love my pb. But if people want apps they want apps they're gonna go elsewhere or they should. Get the product they need to do what they want.
    I hope developers jump on board with cascades and bb10 phones. But rim needs apps to please the masses with what they want in order to sell more tablets and phones. If not they're in trouble
    You have to give the people what they want

I just hope in the future (hopefully it's just the near future and this problem with be solved but I hope that they do their research on the pb and other tablets so they won't be disappointed.
    triplealiali likes this.
    04-30-12 08:33 PM
    As long as their marketing department gets it figured out, there's no reason why RIM can't be both a monopoly for business and corporate telecommunications, as well as be a serious threat in the consumer market.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    04-30-12 10:34 PM
    As long as their marketing department gets it figured out, there's no reason why RIM can't be both a monopoly for business and corporate telecommunications, as well as be a serious threat in the consumer market.
    They need a compelling ecosystem first.
    04-30-12 11:40 PM
    If they can figure it out, why haven't they done so already? WHat are they waiting for, an invitation?
    04-30-12 11:46 PM
    Isn't that really the case? Ill repeat an incidence.. So my friend tries to play a blu-ray disc in her macbook pro because she refused to accept that the mac could not play it? So before we gave her the BD.. we joked around for a bit and tried explaining that it's a technology that the mac isn't ready for yet.. and her obvious reply.. 'i just spent a fortune on the best laptop in the market.. so pass me the disc..' you kknow how that ended..

Apple products do well because.. kids can use them.. women can use them (no offence).. grand parents can use them.. and all because it has that 'oh crap' button.. nothin special about it.. Apple is truly genius for catering to this market.. but not genius in their product.
    Wow not only are you annoying, you are a bit of an indiot too. crawl back under the rock u came out from
    barskin likes this.
    04-30-12 11:48 PM
    If they can figure it out, why haven't they done so already? WHat are they waiting for, an invitation?
    In my opinion, they're too scattered with who they want as their target markets. They're trying to advertise to businesspeople with the "Be Bold" ads, while also trying to engage teenage girls with their cartoon characters. I say that they should start off by sticking to the business market, and after they gain the respect back move onto consumer markets. But it needs to be fast because BB10 looks to be more of a consumer phone.
    04-30-12 11:58 PM
    Isn't that really the case? Ill repeat an incidence.. So my friend tries to play a blu-ray disc in her macbook pro because she refused to accept that the mac could not play it? So before we gave her the BD.. we joked around for a bit and tried explaining that it's a technology that the mac isn't ready for yet.. and her obvious reply.. 'i just spent a fortune on the best laptop in the market.. so pass me the disc..' you kknow how that ended..

Apple products do well because.. kids can use them.. women can use them (no offence).. grand parents can use them.. and all because it has that 'oh crap' button.. nothin special about it.. Apple is truly genius for catering to this market.. but not genius in their product.
    I agree; although Apple's products ARE great because of what you said above, it's true that if you look deeper into specs, performance, etc. you will see that there are better devices on the market. But because of how Apple caters its products, most people won't be as thought-provoking to think about other devices like us, the CrackBerry Nation.
    05-01-12 12:01 AM
    I agree; although Apple's products ARE great because of what you said above, it's true that if you look deeper into specs, performance, etc. you will see that there are better devices on the market.
    Until recently, BB "specs" ran behind many competitors, often because lower-clocked units delivered better battery life. Does that mean the competing units with better "specs" were better devices? Of course not.

Now, as for performance, I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean "performance" in terms of number of calcs over a given period, specs and performance tend to run hand-in-hand, at least generally. If you mean task-oriented performance, then there is no clear winner in any category, as there are fans of every platform that swear by it.

Ultimately, specs and performance are overrated; building devices people actually want to buy is underrated, and you get no extra credit for having better "specs" than your better-selling competitors.

But because of how Apple caters its products, most people won't be as thought-provoking to think about other devices like us, the CrackBerry Nation.
    The "CrackBerry Nation" is a lot more like Apple fans than you realize; just the use of the term "CrackBerry Nation" suggest a level of fanaticism that is no less frightening than is seen among Apple and Android fans.
    05-01-12 12:25 AM
    Sorry to interrupt guys, but I just wanted to ask the people doing the most arguing in the last few pages a quick question -

Can I have your ulcers when you're done? I need 'em for a science project.

Thanks in advance!

Oops almost forgot! Sunrise will be at around 6:45 AM today, just in case you haven't seen one in a few weeks months
    05-01-12 01:38 AM
    Until recently, BB "specs" ran behind many competitors, often because lower-clocked units delivered better battery life. Does that mean the competing units with better "specs" were better devices? Of course not.

Now, as for performance, I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean "performance" in terms of number of calcs over a given period, specs and performance tend to run hand-in-hand, at least generally. If you mean task-oriented performance, then there is no clear winner in any category, as there are fans of every platform that swear by it.

Ultimately, specs and performance are overrated; building devices people actually want to buy is underrated, and you get no extra credit for having better "specs" than your better-selling competitors.

The "CrackBerry Nation" is a lot more like Apple fans than you realize; just the use of the term "CrackBerry Nation" suggest a level of fanaticism that is no less frightening than is seen among Apple and Android fans.
    Hows this for performance, 9900 on the dashboard running Telmap Navigation, also running bridge with the PlayBook being used at the same time. Not impressive enough? How about turning wifi hotspot on to give an iphone internet, also at the same time and doing it for hours while roaming at a total data use of 24.5mb. Would you not call that performance?

As for for the Crackberry Nation, you would be right if half of it wasnt made up of other platform users.
    05-01-12 01:49 AM
    just call me a cat searching for pigeons....but do you know that the advertising standards comitee are investigating apple for making false claims about its IPad?
    05-01-12 03:26 AM
    No this is not a rant. I've just been thinking a lot about apps on the PlayBook and realized something profound: I don't need that many apps!!!!

I just had a realization that Apple has brainwashed everyone on the planet into thinking that it is cool to have a tablet with a buttload of apps. Speaking for myself, my PlayBook has TONS of games, but I havent even opened them all, not even close. I've only every played Angry Birds, GLWG and Theme Hotel. THATS IT! And that was only recently; most of the time I've been using the internet for sites like NBA, CrackBerrry, etc. vs their respective apps. Sure I would love more apps, who wouldnt? But what I'm saying is that it isn't a dealbreaker anymore, and I just hope more people realize that and RIM would market it in that way.

In closing, Apple's tactics truly lead me into thinking that they are one of the smartest companies on the planet. What do you guys think?
    You ask me, its the marketing. Apple make products that are catchy and visually appealing to the masses, take all the gimmick out its not much different from any other similar device in the market.

Notice how every time they come up with a higher resolution display on an iPad, you have an apple engineer/employee in a video, positively enforcing the fact that their device is king and how its beautiful etc. I dont see that great a difference between the 3 generations of iPad. Camera, screen, processor thats all I see from my level of usage, not enough in my eyes to cough up 600-1000 bucks every year to upgrade.

Secondly they go that extra mile to make sure their products have both the hardware and software finish. Yeah they run a closed ecosystem, but their products have quality and the resulting reliability to them. You know when you take a current apple product out of the box its gonna have the smoothest user interface of its type.

Its Apple's attention to minor details in every aspect of their product development to marketing which snowballs and translates into their market dominance.
    05-01-12 05:42 AM
    You ask me, its the marketing. Apple make products that are catchy and visually appealing to the masses, take all the gimmick out its not much different from any other similar device in the market.

Notice how every time they come up with a higher resolution display on an iPad, you have an apple engineer/employee in a video, positively enforcing the fact that their device is king and how its beautiful etc. I dont see that great a difference between the 3 generations of iPad. Camera, screen, processor thats all I see from my level of usage, not enough in my eyes to cough up 600-1000 bucks every year to upgrade.

Secondly they go that extra mile to make sure their products have both the hardware and software finish. Yeah they run a closed ecosystem, but their products have quality and the resulting reliability to them. You know when you take a current apple product out of the box its gonna have the smoothest user interface of its type.

Its Apple's attention to minor details in every aspect of their product development to marketing which snowballs and translates into their market dominance.
    well, apart from the case i mentioned above...
    05-01-12 05:45 AM
    just call me a cat searching for pigeons....but do you know that the advertising standards comitee are investigating apple for making false claims about its IPad?
    Agreed. They got into real hot soup for the 4G thing here in Australia. For the record and consistency they have its merely a small glitch overall. Apple will still sell millions of devices across the board, if anything the hype from the falls ad publicity will prove to be beneficial to them.
    05-01-12 06:07 AM
    basically even their crap smells sweeter lol.....Apple is genious after all
    05-01-12 06:12 AM
    I thought we all agreed on no Apple talk for the next 3 days!

BlackBerry World is here! Apple is zzzzs. Go post in the BlackBerry threads!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-01-12 at 07:19 AM.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    05-01-12 07:09 AM
    No this is not a rant. I've just been thinking a lot about apps on the PlayBook and realized something profound: I don't need that many apps!!!!

I just had a realization that Apple has brainwashed everyone on the planet into thinking that it is cool to have a tablet with a buttload of apps. Speaking for myself, my PlayBook has TONS of games, but I havent even opened them all, not even close. I've only every played Angry Birds, GLWG and Theme Hotel. THATS IT! And that was only recently; most of the time I've been using the internet for sites like NBA, CrackBerrry, etc. vs their respective apps. Sure I would love more apps, who wouldnt? But what I'm saying is that it isn't a dealbreaker anymore, and I just hope more people realize that and RIM would market it in that way.

In closing, Apple's tactics truly lead me into thinking that they are one of the smartest companies on the planet. What do you guys think?
    Yeah they are all right. They learn from the past.
    05-01-12 08:14 AM
    I thought we all agreed on no Apple talk for the next 3 days!

BlackBerry World is here! Apple is zzzzs. Go post in the BlackBerry threads!
    Oops, sorry :P
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-01-12 08:15 AM
    Sorry to interrupt guys, but I just wanted to ask the people doing the most arguing in the last few pages a quick question -

Can I have your ulcers when you're done? I need 'em for a science project.

Thanks in advance!

Oops almost forgot! Sunrise will be at around 6:45 AM today, just in case you haven't seen one in a few weeks months
    Good. Hahahahah.
    05-01-12 09:08 AM
    I use a shed load of apps on my iphone which I'm gutted I can't get on my PlayBook but there is many things I can do with my PlayBook that I can't with my iphone. It's swings and roundabouts. I'm not a biased fanboy of any manufactorer really. I'll just buy what suits my needs most regardless of who made it. Showing bias towards any major companies which in reality only care about making money first and foremost is just a bit silly.
    raremage likes this.
    05-01-12 09:36 AM
    Uh-oh! Here comes the anti-Americans! Crawling out of their huts and mud-brick dwellings. Lol!! Hilarious!!

And, haters will always hate.

"You gotta to be grateful, you need haters, wtf is you complaining about, wtf do you think a hater's job is?! If you got 14 hating on you, you need to figure out how the f*ck to get to 16 before the summer get here!"

- Kat Williams -
    george? Is that you?
    05-01-12 09:59 AM
    george? Is that you?
    Hey Tony B. How's goes it?
    05-01-12 10:00 AM
    Showing bias towards any major companies which in reality only care about making money first and foremost is just a bit silly.
    Well said...
    05-01-12 10:02 AM
    You being serious?
    Worlds first affordable combustible engine car vs iPhone.

Brilliant.
    yeah...invented by a german
    05-01-12 10:05 AM
398 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD