I had parental controls turned off on my PlayBook but either my 4 year old managed to turn them on and input a password he cannot remember, or there is a default password and I dont knwo what it is. Either way I want to turn of parental controls without a password.

Does anybody have a solution apart from wiping and starting from scratch?

If I use the Blackberry Link desktop software to do a backup, can i then do a restore after the wipe, or will the restore just put the password back on?

Thanks in advance.
    Twis
    09-06-13 09:44 AM
    09-06-13 10:13 AM
    Thanks for your response RADEoN1337 but....

I think that is to reset the blackberry id password. The password i need to change is the 4 digit content controls password. He turned it on and keyed in 4 digits which he does not know and now I cant download any apps not rated G.

Thanks

Twis
    09-06-13 10:47 AM
    BB is very security minded. So trying to alter or remove a password is probably not easy or even possible. If you backup, you can do Selective and not backup settings or not restore settings. But I don't know what will happen with that password.

This does bring up an issue I've faced on other items with such passwords. Sometimes I set them even if I don't want them - so that others canNOT either purposefully or accidentally set them and leave me locked out. Tivo comes to mind.
    09-06-13 11:03 AM
    Ah, more info.... That Password may not even be stored on the device but somewhere on appworld.

I wonder if BB can help.

appworldbilling@rim.com
    09-06-13 11:04 AM
    BB is very security minded. them even if I don't want them - so that others canNOT either purposefully or
    Except where they decided to keep all your cc info on BB WORLD so unless you know it's still there any 4 yr old (or 7 and 9 in my case ) can buy apps, as they said, FOR FREE!!!!!! Then once you figure this out you notice can't just delete your CC info..have to replace with another one.
    Yea.... I better not get started.
    Last edited by GV2012; 09-06-13 at 01:34 PM.
    09-06-13 12:25 PM
    I wonder if you can use your bbid password to unlock it

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 01:41 PM