Hello all,

Quick run down, I just purchased my Playbook about a week ago (for $150 at Futureshop!!) and am a newbie for the most part. So far I am impressed with it considering all the slagging it has received.

Situation:
    App World loads up allows me to browse etcI move to the My World tab all apps on Playbook are shown with upgrades available for someheres the issue. It will not move past this stage. The little green (youre making me angry) circle appears and nothing progresses from this point. No failure to connect, no errors, nothing. Just the little green circle! The unit doesnt freeze up, everything else works great. I can move away from this screen and back again. When I select the app that requires an upgrade it will roll to the next screen showing the purple/blue background only nothing else but the green circle and again will not progressing past this point.

Note: I find it odd that every time I go to the App World tab I am asked to agree to the User Agreement no matter how many times Ive agreed.

Ive tried:
    Deleting Wifi and reconnecting
    Re-entering my Blackberry ID
    Security Swipe
    All with the same result

Please forgive me if this problem has been solved elsewhere but I have been searching and trying to solve this issue since I booted it up a week ago and have had no success.

Thanks for the Help!
    08-29-12 08:21 AM
    Just some more info...

So you have either purchased or downloaded free apps initially? You established either your paypal or credit card account?

Other wifi activities work - browsing, email?

When you did the security wipe, you were able to grab your original apps again or did you still run into the Green Circle?

You could also reload the OS (see below). Oh, speaking of OS, which one do you have?

Change the date on your unit one year ahead?

Have you gone to another wifi location - cafe, library, etc?

Let's see if anyone else has ideas.

Since it is new, I guess you could return it for another new one? If you do this route, using the same BBID will allow you to redownload your apps.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

------------
    Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    08-29-12 08:54 AM
    Ok, a bit of an update!

So after growing tired of screwing with my old user name and password for Blackberry ID I decided to create a new one and voila! Every works perfect now!

A little disappointed I couldn't use my old one or figure out how to use it...but I am off to the races now.

Thanks for all the help!

Beware of the little green "you're making me angry" circle!
    08-30-12 07:01 AM
    Ok, a bit of an update!

So after growing tired of screwing with my old user name and password for Blackberry ID I decided to create a new one and voila! Every works perfect now!

A little disappointed I couldn't use my old one or figure out how to use it...but I am off to the races now.

Thanks for all the help!

Beware of the little green "you're making me angry" circle!
    Good that you got it working but your old bb id should work as well. To make sure that the old id isn't compromised, I'd ask you to login to AppWorld using the old id on pc and see if you can.
    08-30-12 07:45 AM
    I created my original BBID based on my work email when my company gave me a Bold a couple years ago. Used it for all my purchases. I found a new job and didn't want my BBID to be associated with my old job. So I attempted to change the email address to my personal one.

In theory it worked, as I can log in using the new email. But App World stopped working, much like in the manner the OP described. I gave up on trying to figure it out and created a new email account through Rogers and a new BBID to that account. App World started working again. Something went funky with that original account during my email change.

On the bright side, I don't think i had more the $10 is apps associated with it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Last edited by DoctorEvil8; 08-30-12 at 08:48 AM.
    08-30-12 08:46 AM
    I created my original BBID based on my work email when my company gave me a Bold a couple years ago. Used it for all my purchases. I found a new job and didn't want my BBID to be associated with my old job. So I attempted to change the email address to my personal one.

In theory it worked, as I can log in using the new email. But App World stopped working, much like in the manner the OP described. I gave up on trying to figure it out and created a new email account through Rogers and a new BBID to that account. App World started working again. Something went funky with that original account during my email change.

On the bright side, I don't think i had more the $10 is apps associated with it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    I hope you don't mean a @blackberry.rogres.net... What happens if you change carriers?

Never use blackberry.net emails for anything but what they where meant to: as redirects.
    08-30-12 09:46 AM
    I hope you don't mean a @blackberry.rogres.net... What happens if you change carriers?

Never use blackberry.net emails for anything but what they where meant to: as redirects.
    No, my home internet is Rogers so they give me a few email accounts (@rogers.com). I've used that new BBID on Rogers and Telus Blackberrys with no issues.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-30-12 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD