This question is for the mods really but anybody else in the know feel free to answer.
    The question is that on the cb app for the playbook when I click forums ect.
    It loads the Page in the browser, is there a idea/update due to keep everything inside the app? I like the app UI and would love everything to be built into the app
    09-14-12 09:12 AM
    There is a separate CB Forums app that keeps the forums within the app rather than opening the browser.
    09-14-12 09:32 AM
    Found id, not as good as native app and UI not as good as the cb app, maybe is just me being fussy
    09-14-12 09:35 AM
    When I made the app the idea was just to create a simple CrackBerry app for the PB, and then build upon it with additional features. At the time the only real way to develop for PB was Adobe AIR, and things such as the NDK and Cascades did not exist.

So that being said, the original "CB App" will probably not be updated with new features. There are some plans in the works to create an all encompassing native app for BB10. As much as I'd like to be the one to start working on it... real life commitments and development of my own apps for BB10 have to take priority so I believe Kevin will be selecting another developer to take the project over.

However there is a CB Forums app for PlayBook available, it's on AppWorld now which will tide you over until the new app is available.
    09-14-12 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD