I am thinking about to get another PB... but do I need to buy all my apps again? Or are they associated with my BB ID?

Thanks!
    09-02-12 08:45 PM
    Not as long as you use the same BlackBerry ID, I went from a 16GB PlayBook to a 64GB and just downloaded my apps.
    aha likes this.
    09-02-12 08:53 PM
    If both have the same bbid, you can download additional copies. The main issue with the same BBID is that you probably can't video chat between them. While there is a PIN based video chat, no one seems to have managed it, I believe.
    aha likes this.
    09-02-12 09:12 PM
    If you have two playbook with the same ID and someone calls your Video Chat. Can you answer both playbook and have a 3 way conversation?
    09-03-12 10:37 AM
    If you have two playbook with the same ID and someone calls your Video Chat. Can you answer both playbook and have a 3 way conversation?
    Both will ring, but you can only pick the call upon one.

Video conferencing would be nice to have though.
    09-03-12 12:19 PM
    how can one remove the bb id on one of the PBs, if its to be given out as gift, without restting to factory state? thanks .
    09-03-12 12:42 PM
    I'm not sure but...... I think you have to wipe.

I've never tried going into bbid on my PB and using the pencil to delete or change it so maybe try that and see what happens.
    09-03-12 01:34 PM
    If both have the same bbid, you can download additional copies. The main issue with the same BBID is that you probably can't video chat between them. While there is a PIN based video chat, no one seems to have managed it, I believe.
    Video chat works perfectly fine when you enter someone's PlayBook PIN in the contact's video chat address. You don't have to use the BB ID and have multiple Playbooks ringing at the same time. The only trouble is from whom you are receiving the video call - you will be displaying their BB ID not knowing which of the Playbooks are calling. No biggee.
    aha likes this.
    09-03-12 01:51 PM
    how can one remove the bb id on one of the PBs, if its to be given out as gift, without restting to factory state? thanks .
    Very interested in the answer to this question.
    09-03-12 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD