I'm sorry but I'm a complete newbee here and with the Playbook.I have added the Beta OS 2 to my playbook and followed the instructions about putting the android games on it. I am finding the links from the "Blackberry APK/BAR Requests & Submissions" weblink and have 1 or 2 questions. On any of the links where it says "multiupload" for the download link, it just takes me to a multiupload front page where it says "please select file" but there aren't any to select.Also when it refers to "crackberry forums" as the download link, I always get an "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" error message when I click on them. So far, the only App I have been sucessful in transferring to my playbook has been the "Whatsapp" one, but when that was done, an error message came up to say it was an "outdated version" and to download a newer version!!...
    Sorry to be so thick, should I just give up and wait 'til Feb?!!..
    Thanks for any help.
    12-30-11 04:00 PM
    Thanks everyone for all your help!!...You were all a newbee ONCE
    01-02-12 05:25 PM
    The downloads on the page you mentioned may have become stale/timed out, deleted posts/threads etc..

As to Multiupload and other site it's a use thing you probably need to click on regular download etc ..

On a side not and not meant as a dig/troll whatever but if you aren't familiar with file share sites then the OS2 beta may not be your best option as it is meant for DEV's and those a lil more tech savvy.

Not to say you can't use/try the beta as I would never say that.
    01-02-12 05:28 PM
    The OS2.0 was touted as a developers version and is in the beta stage, which will be released for the layman soon in Feb.
    Been a developers version it was recommended to be used by developers and the ones who know a bit more than casual users to test it out. So unless someone is willing to spend time on your issue and uses the OS2.0, it would be difficult for most of us to help you.
    I would suggest that you downgrade to OS1.0.8 and do the official upgrade when released.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    01-02-12 05:31 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

Keep in mind there a lot of people are still out for holidays.

Invalid attachment means the file is no longer available in the CB forums, not much can be done about it.

That table isn't exactly up to date anymore. Some files may not be available in the hosting services anymore. Multiupload usually sends you to a page where you can download from various servers (megaupload, 4shared, etc) but like I said, tbey may all have expired by now.

As for whatsapp, you can't update it from within the Android Player.

That said, good luck and enjoy your PB.
    01-02-12 05:33 PM
    Thanks everyone for all your help!!...You were all a newbee ONCE
    You will find a lot of friendly people here. I understand your frustration but the questions that you posed would best be answered in the forum created for the purpose of helping people who want to load Android apps on the developers' beta OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eloading-f258/
    jafobabe and anindoc like this.
    Maybe better luck if posted in the other section dealing with the beta.
    Go back to the official OS and wait for the final and official OS2; that's the best help I and a few here can offer. I'm not that tech savvy, and I would have pitched a fit if I had all the issues Beta adopters have posted here...I tried to count how mant threads and posts there were here regarding issues with the PB and how they're all related to using the Beta OS....I lost count at about 3000 or so.
    01-02-12 05:37 PM
    Hey thank you all for your advice and I'm sorry If I got a bit annoyed before.I take on board all your points and think its best if I just remain patient until Feb!! Cheers
    01-02-12 05:45 PM
    Yeah, most of those links no longer work. But, if you do keyward searches, you can often find the .bar files for sideloading (there are also instructions in the OS threads on how to create them yourself). Many Android programs will not run properly under Beta OS2; but, some do. I have had good luck with the Android Kindle...
    01-02-12 05:45 PM
    yes i did a OS2 "upgrade" too and soon decided to go back to the non beta original version, if you really need to ask for a lot of help chances are you are better off to down grade like i did...the standard version is just fine...if you ask me...
    01-02-12 05:56 PM
    Asking for help requires no apologies!!
    Welcome to Crackberry and don't miss the tips for newbies in the link below this post

vvvvvv
    01-02-12 05:58 PM
    there is a google spreadsheet out there somewhere that has a lot of android apps already converted. i have a few sited bookmarked on the imac, when i get home ill post them here for you. also try demonoid.me a few people posting bar files there as well.
    01-02-12 05:59 PM
    PlayBook BARs

theres one of them.

http://www.playbookdaily.com/blackbe...r-100-of-them/

theres another.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 01-02-12 at 06:11 PM.
    01-02-12 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD