Can't get aol mail to work on playbook os 2.0, native email.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone else still using aol like my dumbass?
    03-18-12 08:47 PM
    Only suggestion I have is check the server addresses and port numbers. It was messing up with Yahoo when I set mine up, using the wrong smtp address and port, and I had to correct. Perhaps same sort of problem you are having with the AOL setup?
    03-18-12 08:54 PM

Please don't call yourself a dumbass, cause we still have aol, too! (for business reasons as one of our addresses). I've got it to work on pb native, only problem so far is sending pb attachments. Could be I'm doing something wrong, but it hasn't worked consistently...haven't used it a lot, still figuring it out.
    Last edited by bbvj; 03-18-12 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Type-o and clarification
    03-18-12 10:07 PM
    I have had AOL for 14 years already. No problem with security at all. It works perfect for me and my wife on our playbook. Besides for video call I use AIM and the same no problem at all. No need of Skype.
    03-18-12 10:16 PM
    Once I got yahoo working with the right port#/ type, setting up Netscape mail (AOL.com - Netscape) was ez
    03-18-12 11:18 PM
    OK, I just got it to work. It was my Internet connection at work disabling those ports on the firewall. The playbook's default settings for aol were just fine. Setting it up from home was easy.

Now I am up and running and quite happy. Thanks for the help
    03-20-12 12:14 PM
    I receive AOL email but am unable to send. Can someone who is able to send AOL email provide the authentication code and any other setting information I can try, my settings show authentication code 587.
    06-02-12 05:09 PM

I use Aol as my primary email service and am prompted for a password each time I reboot. Bummer!
    06-02-12 07:38 PM
    AOL mail is wonderful IMO. I've tried most and AOL is fine. I don't get notified by PB when I get AOL mail but no big deal. Without the AOL program installed AOL mail it pretty barf but downloading AOL changes things completely. Embedding pictures is great and all the fonts and backgrounds is very classy. I just wish PB support it.
    03-01-13 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD