I don't know how long this was around but I seen this site in a thread and wanted to try it out. So its a site you don't have to sign up for and no download needed and it will send your invite through Facebook. I tried it with a friend she was on a HP laptop and I used my Playbook.
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-14-13 12:33 PM
    It has been available for a bit now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...book-d-730034/
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-14-13 12:38 PM
    Yeah I didn't know. But I was wanted to put this up so more people will know so they will stop complaining about skype
    01-14-13 01:07 PM
    Here's the thing with Skype - it's not so much what it does (the PlayBook video chat generally does the same thing) as much as the fact that people are on it and not on these alternatives.
    01-14-13 01:18 PM
    Here's the thing with Skype - it's not so much what it does (the PlayBook video chat generally does the same thing) as much as the fact that people are on it and not on these alternatives.
    That, and it's cross-platform. Even though it's a Microsoft service, plenty of iOS people are using Skype along with Facetime. AOL AV isn't technically cross-platform, especially when we get into the mobile realm, since most mobile browsers (stock browsers anyway) are not supporting Flash.

I'd like to see a strong, cross-platform alternative break into the mainstream to compete with Skype. ooVoo and FaceFlow aren't there yet. Perhaps Google Hangouts will make it as Android moves forward.
    01-14-13 01:28 PM
    I agree. While other methods of video chat work just as well (for the most part), it's about the potential audience. xplatform is where it's at. I use skype on my PC (not much, maybe once a week), but haven't used it really on my G3. I am sure if someone somewhere wants to video chat, it's pretty easy to find a way once you know what two devices you want to use. The more choices the better.
    01-14-13 01:30 PM