Since CBC's playoff stream does not seem to work I was just wondering if anyone has found an alternative way to stream the playoffs on their PB? I work tomorrow during the Canucks game and would love to be able to stream the game on my pb since I'll have no computer/tv access.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TyePo; 05-19-11 at 03:54 PM.
    05-19-11 03:43 PM
    Since CBC's playoff stream does not seem to work I was just wondering if anyone has found an alternative way to stream the playoffs on their PB? I work tomorrow during the Canucks game and would love to be able to stream the game on my pb since I'll have to computer/tv access.

Check out the myp2p forum, justin tv or atdhe. I don't think the veetle streams work.
    05-19-11 03:47 PM
    I second both myp2p and Justin. Especially the former, never have a problem finding a stream from there. Usually usethem to watch Formula 1 practices
    05-19-11 03:49 PM
    I second both myp2p and Justin. Especially the former, never have a problem finding a stream from there. Usually usethem to watch Formula 1 practices
    I took the pb over to a friends house for UFC 129, found a quality stream on myp2p, hooked it up to his LCD and watched the fights. Beats the **** out of dragging the coffee table over to it so the laptop has something to sit on.

I'm hoping someone ports streamtorrent to the pb when the ndk is released. I doubt RIM would allow it in app world but you could still load it if you have a developers account. I wouldn't mind a bittorrent client either.
    Last edited by T.roy; 05-19-11 at 03:59 PM.
    05-19-11 03:55 PM
    I took the pb over to a friends house for UFC 129, found a quality stream on myp2p, hooked it up to his LCD and watched the fights. Beats the **** out of dragging the coffee table over to it so the laptop has something to sit on.
    You're telling me! I can't wait till my micro hdmi cable comes in. Then I'll really have no use for the laptp anymore
    05-19-11 03:57 PM
    Perfect, thanks guys. Nothing worse than being at work during a 'nucks game constantly refreshing my score mobile app.

05-19-11 03:58 PM
    ATDHE.Net - Watch Free Live Sports TV for me in ice hockey section on the bottom
    05-19-11 04:08 PM
    05-19-11 05:05 PM
    how do you watch these sites with your PB do you have to download something
    07-26-11 07:49 PM
    how do you watch these sites with your PB do you have to download something
    The site needs 'streamtorrent' which can not be loaded on the PB
    07-26-11 09:06 PM
    so how are these guys watching
    07-26-11 09:21 PM
    is myp2p the name of the forum?
    I see wizwig as a result

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    04-11-12 11:13 PM
    cbc.ca streams fine in the browser. so does nhl.com
    04-12-12 12:01 AM
    Reviving this thread...does anyone know how to get VLC streams running on the PlayBook? Reddit always posts HD streams for games and the PlayBook's processor and gpu is probably better than my older laptop.
    10-03-13 08:26 PM
    There's an app call Tablet TV , it comes in different version some free some 99 cents. Essentially you can get CBC sports live streaming. I'm not sure how consistent you can get the live program.
    10-03-13 09:39 PM
    Never mind my friends...

Just wanted to let you know about these free hockey streams from reddit that I've been able to run on my (playbook) tablet. I assume that means it'll work on other tablets, and most definitely on your PCs.

hockey: the best game on earth

Find the game day thread (GDT) of the game you want to watch and look for the VLC stream link (sometimes if it's not a well-done GDT you have to ctrl+f "stream").

For tablets...pick whichever team's broadcast you want and click the 3000 link. Once it loads, change 3000 to 4500 for crystal clear HD (the available bitrates are 800/1600/3000/4500).

For PCs...copy the link and open VLC. Click "Open Network Stream" and paste it in. Same as above, change to 4500.

Enjoy!
    10-04-13 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD