I see so many people craving for skype but probably a few people demand fully functional bluetooth.My question to developers, isn't it possible to alter the settings of bluetooth by any way? If yes then how and if no then why?
    This inability literally cripples me often.
    fbloise likes this.
    04-25-12 01:56 AM
    What do you mean "fully functional" ?
    04-25-12 02:28 AM
    What functionality are you missing? A2DP (stereo) was included in the 2.0 Playbook update, so what else are you looking for?
    04-25-12 02:28 AM
    Transferring and receiving files through bluetooth? Isn't that missing?
    anon(3641385) and fbloise like this.
    04-25-12 03:05 AM
    The OS doesn't provide an API (mechanism) for apps to access Bluetooth directly. Word has it that details of a new API will be discussed with developers next week at the BB Jam event. We're expecing to see it in BB10.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-25-12 03:23 AM
    That would be nice...I was trying to transfer a file from my droid tablet to the PB, and it didn't work.
    04-25-12 03:28 AM
    If we'll need a pc/lappy for almost everything then there is no significance to use a tablet.
    I dont think if bluetooth transfer has got anything to do with security.
    RIM needs to offer atleast the basic features. Apps and all are secondary.
    04-25-12 05:02 AM
    Tried to pair the PB with my BMW using bluetooth so that I could listen to my podcasts while I'm driving. This does not work either
    04-25-12 05:06 AM
    We need to wait for RIM to add the required profiles to the implemented Bluetooth.. I think Playbook presently has DUN, HID and SPP..
    FTP would be required for file transfer i guess..
    We would need something like Celeste for iOS unless RIM plans to add it.. I am not really sure how that works though.. But it does require root..
    04-25-12 06:19 AM
    Bluetooth should be able to receive and send files bluetooth to bluetooth, hopefully rim would hear on this request since this is a basic functions of most bluetooth units.
    04-25-12 06:32 AM
    Tried to pair the PB with my BMW using bluetooth so that I could listen to my podcasts while I'm driving. This does not work either
    The factory bluetooth in my car doesn't allow A2DP. I can pair my phone for calls but no music.
    You can get something like the blackberry music gateway and hook it to an aux input for your stereo.
    04-25-12 06:45 AM
    I would like to see the ability to print directly to a bluetooth enabled printer. It is senseless to have to have a PC connected to a Wifi network inorder to print from a PB. IOS and Android both have apps that allow direct BT printing. Missing this feature six months into a product is one thing. 13 months? Hmph!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-25-12 06:53 AM
    Because I have no aux input in my POS (piece of sh*t car) I simply us an f.m. Transmitter for use of audio functionality of the playbook. Bought an $8.00 transmitter at Dollar General of all places, and it works very well. Listen to playbook podcasts, tunedin radio, slacker radio and music off of the native playbook music app. Through my car speakers. The Sound Quality is derived from the source player connected by a 3mm jack connector. You could purchase an fm transmitter that has bluetooth A2DP capability which will provide better sound quality, no wires, and also allow you with use of A2DP smart phone to take hands free calls through vehicle audio speakers. Hope this helps
    Spencerdl and anon(3641385) like this.
    04-25-12 07:14 AM
    The BT profile in BMWs is only handsfree -- there is no A2DP profile. There are only 3 solutions in a BMW -- the optional iPod/iPhone connector, a USB flash drive (standard on 2009 and later), or rig something up to the auxiliary audio input.
    04-25-12 07:34 AM
    Because I have no aux input in my POS (piece of sh*t car) I simply us an f.m. Transmitter for use of audio functionality of the playbook. Bought an $8.00 transmitter at Dollar General of all places, and it works very well. Listen to playbook podcasts, tunedin radio, slacker radio and music off of the native playbook music app. Through my car speakers. The Sound Quality is derived from the source player connected by a 3mm jack connector. You could purchase an fm transmitter that has bluetooth A2DP capability which will provide better sound quality, no wires, and also allow you with use of A2DP smart phone to take hands free calls through vehicle audio speakers. Hope this helps
    Can you provide a photo, or name of the transmitter. I've been looking for something like this that's not expensive.
    04-25-12 07:50 AM
    That would be nice...I was trying to transfer a file from my droid tablet to the PB, and it didn't work.
    If Eve had given Adam a Blackberry, the world would be paradise. Instead, she gave him an Apple. Look at us now.

Costas love your by line - very clever!
    Last edited by Heavens1; 04-25-12 at 05:30 PM.
    04-25-12 08:17 AM
    Amazon: This is the one I am using.
    Car MP3 Player FM Transmitter with SD Slot and IR Remote (SD/MMC/USB Port/MP3)
    Price: $4.36
    In Stock.
    Ships from and sold by Gamesalor International limited.
    User reviews aren't that great, but it works very well thus far. Non bluetooth

Just do a quick search on Amazon or ebay for bluetooth a2dp fm transmitter. Key is to make sure it is a2dp compatible. I found them in a price range from $16.00 up to > $100.00. Watch for overseas items because of transit time. The above device I referenced was made in China and resold by Dollar General and as I said works well for my application. Walmart does carry descent selection so you easily return the item if it doesn't work for you.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-25-12 11:40 AM
    Hi, get a Lexus Ct, I can connect BB for phone on BT in car and connect PB to car audio via BT all at same time time and BB stays connected with PB bridge too, can be a bit iffy sometimes when connecting but once connected it all works! It did surprise me that all three would work, car, phone and PB
    04-25-12 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD