Anyone wants to share stories on other peoples reactions on PB?
    04-27-11 01:09 PM
    Several people in my department are considering getting one after a colleague and myself have brought it in for them to see/test. Most people are planning to wait a little while to see which direction RIM takes the device in. People really seem to like the size of the unit and the way it navagates around. Good sign in my opinion with all the bad reviews you can read on google etc.
    04-27-11 01:32 PM
    lol i swear i've had at least 10 people ask me if it was the ipad.

also no one knew how to even work the device which was hilarious to me lol. Once i showed them how to work it though, most thought the device was very "cool". A lot of people love the touch sensitive bezels though and how they work...
    04-27-11 01:44 PM
    When I bought the Playbook I posted a status update on my Facebook page mentioning it, and had several dozen posts from friends asking what a Playbook was. And these were young people, whom I expected to be tech savy and have at least heard of RIM's offering in the tablet space, but no. People were clueless.
    04-27-11 01:52 PM
    one of my friends said "So RIM's total sell count is 2 now. 1 Demo Unit and yours?"

i think he will change his mind once he sees it.
    04-27-11 01:53 PM
    Was just out with my wife and a realtor who was showing us houses. I was snapping photos and taking notes the entire time. Come the end of our last visit, she had said she can always be reached on her blackberry cause she is always on it, my wife chirped in "well so is he!".

She then asked "Yeah what is that thing?". I basically gave her a 10-15 minute walk thru. Long story short, she was thrilled and said she's going to be asking her boss to look into getting some for them.
    04-27-11 01:57 PM
    Every person I have shown it to always end up saying "It's better than I expected!". They all saw the reviews and based their opinions on that. Seeing it in action quickly turned that around.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-27-11 02:05 PM
    Showed a very sophisticated tech Angel Investor pal yesterday and he was totally impressed. A superior device in all regards... multimedia and GUI are tops.

The game now is applications. Don't need to match Snapple in numbers or anything. Just get some tight, high end versions of the chief things people do.

Do this before Maxipad 3 and welcome to the New World.
    04-27-11 02:10 PM
    Showed a very sophisticated tech Angel Investor pal yesterday and he was totally impressed. A superior device in all regards... multimedia and GUI are tops.

The game now is applications. Don't need to match Snapple in numbers or anything. Just get some tight, high end versions of the chief things people do.

Do this before Maxipad 3 and welcome to the New World.

... i love 'snapple' and 'maxipad'!!!!!!!!!!!
    batkinson001 and Maestrodog like this.
    04-27-11 02:27 PM
    everyone's been pretty amazed by it
    04-27-11 02:32 PM
    they have the maxipad and we have the playboy lol
    Dapper37 likes this.
    04-27-11 02:32 PM
    Every person I have shown it to always end up saying "It's better than I expected!". They all saw the reviews and based their opinions on that. Seeing it in action quickly turned that around.
    Pretty much the same for me... People saying they hear it is soo bad but then they try it out and are quite impressed. I showed mine to my family and some co-workers and they liked the screen (everybody was amazed at the quality of the images), they liked the size, and the UI/navigation. Mostly everyone though it was heavier than they thought but I would agree to that as well.
    04-27-11 02:35 PM
    I think the problem is not the fact the the playbook is actually a good device that functions as stated. Its more that the public isn't aware of its capabilities and when people see the device being used they are astonished by how good it really is. I was using it to just play music last weekend and everyone who saw it were just stunned by what other things it could do while still playing music. All my friends and new friends I made last weekend loved it.
    04-27-11 02:39 PM
    I'm at a smaller state school so not too many people have seen an iPad let alone a tablet. But everyone is very impressed. The unit just looks so nice at first glance. RIM might be off the rocker when it comes to management and software issues, but the design of this unit is incredible.

I just had a meeting to go over a presentation which was on a powerpoint. Opened up the playbook folder through my wifi, dropped the powerpoint in, and took off as it was copying. Got there and was able to pull it up right away while fact-checking financials through the subject company's flash website. While the rest of the team was shuffling through their printouts, I was just sliding through them and driving the meeting, as I was able to access everything much more quickly, even more quickly than those using laptops. They and I are now convinced of the tablet's place in business.
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-27-11 04:01 PM
    I gave it to a BlackBerry enthusiast friend of mine who immediately fell in Love with the device, he pulled up need for speed and was running circles around his apartment as if he was driving the car.
    Umedon likes this.
    04-27-11 04:16 PM
    People come up to me in awe. I had someone ask me if that is the new "PlayPad".
    04-27-11 04:31 PM
    On the train commuting to work this morning, the gentleman sitting next to me looked over when i pulled the PB out of the Blue Neoprene case and exclaimed "Is that the NEW Blackberry Playbook!?", so i ran him through a demo, showed multitasking, demo 1080p video running in Showcase mode, browser, etc.. swiping, navigation, and then i pointed at my iPad 2 sitting in my laptop bag and said "I'm actually returning my iPad 2 today so I don't have to lug around a laptop case since I can slip the PB right into my inner pocket" (oh and yes, i did return my iPad 2 today!). He seemed really impressed, i told him the App store left a little bit to be desired at the moment but that devs are surely working on apps right now (right? RIGHT??).. he then interrupted my reading a half hour later and asked how reading was as he was thinking about an e-ink based ereader (kindle) and i told him i had no problems with it, all in all i think i may have sold a PB for RIM
    04-27-11 04:33 PM
    I took mine with me to family easter dinner, and let people play with it and three of my extended family were expressing how much they wanted one by the end of the day. Of the three one was a iPhone user, one a BB user and the other wants to �upgrade from her ipod touch.�

My father, and sister however still prefer the iPad. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 04:43 PM
    Went to the Best Buy Mobile today and test drove the Playbook and loved it! I'm buying one next week. The sales guy said "I can't keep these on the shelves..it's a better tablet then the Ipad 2 and people love it". Sold
    04-27-11 04:58 PM
    I took mine into work and showed it to my Coworkers. One lady from HR was OMG you got one. I showed her how it worked and she went out at lunch and bought one at Staples. I showed our IT guy and he was " Yea I have been wanting to see one" I gave him mine and had to go track him down an hour later to get it back. He loved it and is planning on buying one as soon as his personal budget allows. He also told me that our company is being pitched by RIM as we have about 5,000 BB Phones world wide. The company is interested but is holding off for budgetary reasons. Our operations manager (who is an Apple fanboy) looked at it and said " thats way too small" sniffed and ignored me . lol
    So 2 out of 3 sales is not too bad!
    04-27-11 05:14 PM
    sadly, everyone where i work thinks it has too many cons and not enough pros to merit a purchase. the one guy that bought one on day one returned it already and is keeping his iPad.
    04-27-11 05:32 PM
    i had one guy say "it should be named the blackberry gaybook"
    04-27-11 05:39 PM
    I work at the downtown airport and... omw to work, there's always passenger that comes by asking me about it.

I show them Bridged Apps, multi tasking but in the end when they ask if they should buy... I can't help but say tell them to wait. I said that to 3 people on separate occasion. People want to buy this, but not at this state and I think they'd just return it anyway. I'd much rather them wait for a polished product, then recommend it to people.

I also know 2 friends who want to see Bridged BBM. But knowing that's not there, I am just avoiding them atm XD

First impression matters a lot... IMO
    04-27-11 06:16 PM
    Wow, that's really clever, a truly cutting witicism.

i had one guy say "it should be named the blackberry gaybook"
    04-27-11 08:06 PM
    lol i swear i've had at least 10 people ask me if it was the ipad.

also no one knew how to even work the device which was hilarious to me lol. Once i showed them how to work it though, most thought the device was very "cool". A lot of people love the touch sensitive bezels though and how they work...
    Yea same here and then I exploded in all their faces about it not being an iPad and then they played tetris for an hour. 40% battery when i got home

EDIT: ONE single person asked me if it was the new playbook.... fail people just fail
    Last edited by Meltbox360; 04-27-11 at 09:09 PM.
    04-27-11 09:07 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD