I have been to 5 retailers to check out the browser on the Playbook, 3 BestBuy and 2 staples all have the display up but none are connected to the internet for whatever reason. Anyway since I use my rooted Evo for internet in the house I figured to give it a shot on the demos. The Playbook recognized the phone but wouldnt connect to it. So my question is is it possible or for some reason the Playbook not capable to do it? I didnt have long to really keep messing with it.
    04-22-11 08:13 PM
    i have a rooted nexus s and i have no problems at all
    04-22-11 08:15 PM
    Rooted Thunderbolt and Wireless Tether app work great here.
    04-22-11 08:28 PM
    Count me in, rooted evo no problems so far, using latest pb os build.
    04-22-11 08:44 PM
    I have been to 5 retailers to check out the browser on the Playbook, 3 BestBuy and 2 staples all have the display up but none are connected to the internet for whatever reason. Anyway since I use my rooted Evo for internet in the house I figured to give it a shot on the demos. The Playbook recognized the phone but wouldnt connect to it. So my question is is it possible or for some reason the Playbook not capable to do it? I didnt have long to really keep messing with it.
    I got mine at Staples and they didn't have the Internet running on the display PB... turns out they had the same setup issues I had.
    04-22-11 08:47 PM
    guys sorry to bring back a blast from the past. What settings are you all using?

I got a playbook and am on a rooted droid using wifi tether for rooted users. The PB sees the signal but will not connect to the IP. Any ideas what I can do.

My settings:
    change device - profile - AUTO
    Change setup - method - AUTO
    Wifi encryption is off
    Channel AUTO

Any help would be awesome
    12-05-11 10:32 PM
    i'm having the same problem. from what i've read in the android forums the issue is with ad-hoc vs. infrastructure connection. playbook doesn't recognize the latter.
    03-14-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD