Other than wanting a new toy, the main reason I bought the Playbook is to access Sales Force on the road. I want to review an account in the car just before I walk in the door. So far, accessing Sales Force has been painfully slow. To be honest, it is not useable. I have tried to re-configure and upgrade to fix it, but so far, no good.

Do you use Sales Force this way? If so, what is your experience so far?

thanks!

KRS

PS - I have:
    64GB playbook
    Bold 9650
    Verizon
    07-15-11 02:55 PM
    I use salesforce on my Playbook almost everyday, both via bridge and via wifi. While it is not blazing fast via bridge i wouldn't call it slow either on average i would say i wait 3 to 5 seconds for a page to load. I am sure it certainly depends on signal strength and phone, and the os the phone is running. I am using a Storm 9530 with 5.0.0.1041 on Verizon and my Playbook is running 1.0.6.2390
    07-15-11 05:37 PM
    Waiting for a Native SFDC app for PlayBook.....
    07-15-11 05:40 PM
    My PB/Bold 9650 combo can stream video. Surely that is fast enough for loading static pages.
    07-15-11 05:43 PM
    My PB/Bold 9650 combo can stream video. Surely that is fast enough for loading static pages.
    Jeez....something must really be off on mine then.
    07-15-11 06:39 PM
    Waiting for a Native SFDC app for PlayBook.....
    For sure. I have the App on my phone and love it. Too small a screen though! I have considered the PB App that lets you run all all your phone stuff on the PB.
    07-15-11 06:41 PM
    i'm a long time bb and salesforce.com user. i use it on both the bridge and wifi, of course wifi is faster but the bridge isn't that bad, just a few seconds longer.

go to the salesforce idea exchange and vote up the idea to create an app for the playbook. the iPad has had one for a while. unlike rim, salesforce.com actually listens to their customers

here is the link for the idea.. vote it up!

http://success.salesforce.com/ideaVi...0000000YKxdAAG
    07-15-11 08:31 PM
    Jeez....something must really be off on mine then.
    Curve vs Bold. OS6 vs ?
    07-15-11 08:48 PM
    I have been using the browser and wifi connection at McDonald, Timmy's etc. To access salesforce. I upgraded to a Z10 a couple of months ago and now use the bridge. It is really fast and saves me looking for a hot spot.
    Really wish they had integration with the Z10/app though.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD