I like to control my point of Sale system remotely from time to time to fix it and to check on my money. Logmein has been my program of choice over the years.

However, Logmein is painful to use on the PB. THe browser freezes and/or the screen is jsut uresponsive or super slow.

Has anyone used a remote client with any succes on the PB? I've contacted logmein to let them know I want them to make an app for the PB, but I also told them I'm on the first thing smoking, if another company beats them to it.

I need professional solutions for my professional grade tablet.

Ideas?
    07-03-11 12:30 PM
    I've been using avnc and imt both work well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nikeem24 and killa4luv like this.
    07-03-11 01:03 PM
    I downloaded IMT and got a test run off with some success. Its still difficult to control the remote computer, although I can see whats on the screen. pretty clearly.

Thanks for the tip. I used it to view the cameras when I was in Brooklyn. It was super cool. Thanx.
    07-04-11 09:16 AM
    Right now i tend to use the IMT VNC client. It needs some further work, but unlike aVNC at least i can have more complete mouse control. Takes a little getting use to the keyboard control as well because to use the PB keyboard, you have to use the Shift key in IMT which is annoying.
    07-04-11 09:43 AM
    sorry to sound like a noob but is are yall talking about using your playbook as a wireless remote for your laptop or desktop?
    07-04-11 01:10 PM
    Yes from anywhere on the internet or an intranet. Something that network managers and services people often need to do. Also large enterprise aplications that are not web based and can't be run on a tablet as a ”app” can be run remotely via RDP or VNC, and the results at least displayed on the tablet. in my line of work, that might be molecular modeling graphics. Other industries could be wireframe mechanical engineering drawings. Some of us want to do more with this great device than just play games, browse the internet, or read news feeds.
    07-04-11 03:48 PM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. Have been a Logmein user for years, but find that, although the screen is clear, it's painfully slow to use on the PB through their website. We need an actual App!
    07-04-11 08:05 PM
    Yes from anywhere on the internet or an intranet. Something that network managers and services people often need to do. Also large enterprise aplications that are not web based and can't be run on a tablet as a �app� can be run remotely via RDP or VNC, and the results at least displayed on the tablet. in my line of work, that might be molecular modeling graphics. Other industries could be wireframe mechanical engineering drawings. Some of us want to do more with this great device than just play games, browse the internet, or read news feeds.
    can you tell me what is needed to do this?
    07-09-11 10:59 PM
    Which part? I mentioned quite a lot. If all you want to learn to do is remotely access your desktop, and you are not worried about multiple user access, to the same system at the same time, then a VNC SERVER and CLIENT is all you really need. If you do a search on this forum for VNC you should get some worthwhile information about setting up a VNC server on your desktop computer. Right now I prefer the IMT VNC client for the Playbook. There are a lot of choices for the server end of things. Additionally you are going to have to know something about your network connection, firewalls and router, and its best if you have a static IP address into your home, if you are going to connect from outside. There is a lot to think about and learn. Its not as easy as TeamViewer or Logmein, but you have greater control in my opinion, and access to your desktop isn't being managed by someone elses server, which you are actually passing through, and in my opinion you are allowing someone else from TeamViewer, or Logmein to potentially breach your system.

Now if you are trying to go into a facility with servers, and want to run applications on those remote servers you will probably have to wait for a full blown RDP client application to become available for the Playbook, though one might use a dedicated desktop internally, use VNC to connect to it and run its RDP client to connect to the servers.

Lots of things to think about.
    07-09-11 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD