I've seen a few remote desktop applications be released over time, has anyone had any experience with any of them out there?

I'd love to go to a PlayBook only environment, but need access to a Windows environment at various times. I hate lugging around a laptop, so I wanna see if anyone's had any success with RDP apps!
    01-25-12 08:41 PM
    01-25-12 09:25 PM
    Heya!

I have tried aVNC, IMT and Splashtop.

All have worked well.. edge to Splashtop although IMT is free.

I use logmein for iOS devices and prefer that over the above. Hopefully see a Playbook release of logmein after the feb update!
    01-25-12 11:03 PM
    It's really good - and super fast (faster than my desktop PC!). Only works on wi-fi that I can see; it would be amazing if it worked over Bridge.
    01-26-12 03:51 AM
    I purchased Remote Desktop without checking it out first. Apparently Windows 7 Home Premium doesn't have that feature
    01-26-12 04:13 AM
    It's really good - and super fast (faster than my desktop PC!). Only works on wi-fi that I can see; it would be amazing if it worked over Bridge.
    +1 for http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...leased-691387/
    So far, the best I had. Second will be with a very good alternative RDP Enterprise Android App. Splashtop did not convinced me as you have to install additional software on tour desktop/server and screen size/zooming is not brilliant.
    MTL likes this.
    01-26-12 05:30 AM
    I purchased Remote Desktop without checking it out first. Apparently Windows 7 Home Premium doesn't have that feature
    From the cauldron called the Intrawebs... Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium RDP.
    Hgouck and BBplaybookJS like this.
    01-26-12 05:34 AM
    From the cauldron called the Intrawebs... Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium RDP.
    Thanks for that, butI don't think I'll take the chance of messing around in my registry, if it was a one step automated thing maybe, but my track record with something like this is not good.
    01-27-12 04:10 AM
    I wanted to use it on my corporate PC but I found out after the fact that I don't have the administration rights to be able to RDP into it .... A trial period would have been good.

I am sure the App is good and not worried that I spent the $'s on it because I know the other paid apps I have on my 9930 and PB were well worth the money, you win on some and lose on the others.
    01-28-12 08:14 PM
    I wanted to use it on my corporate PC but I found out after the fact that I don't have the administration rights to be able to RDP into it .... A trial period would have been good.
    You don't have to be an administrator to RDP. If you only have user permissions you can have your Help Desk add you to the Remote Desktop Users group and enable Remote Desktop on the workstation. This of course assumes RDP is allowed by policy.
    01-28-12 08:33 PM
    Remote desktop for blackberry: Very easy setup and works flawlessly and fast.

The developer emailed someone in one of these threads and indicated that bridge functionality was in the works
    01-28-12 09:00 PM

I am sure the App is good and not worried that I spent the $'s on it because I know the other paid apps I have on my 9930 and PB were well worth the money, you win on some and lose on the others.
    You might try contacting appworld for a refund:

Send an email to appworldbilling@rim.com
    01-28-12 09:56 PM
    You might try contacting appworld for a refund:

Send an email to appworldbilling@rim.com
    I'll check with our Corp IT and see if they will allow me RDP. I have some 'credit' with them because I got them to take a look at the 9900/30 before the pulled the trigger to drop BB phones which they did and are now upgrading from older 5.x phones to 7.x.

Now trying to get them to adopt the PB.

If that don't work I'll check out the refund process with App world., haven't had to do it before.
    01-29-12 09:09 AM
    Hey. I have tried various remote support tools such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC, TeamViewer etc. in order to remotely access computers, desktops, laptops etc. They all seem to be working good.
    12-18-12 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD