Just a few signatures more and the petition gets through. http://www.change.org/p/john-chen-co...rry-playbook-2

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 05:26 PM
    Gave up on Blackberry Tablet. Too many promises, nothing came through. I've moved on, tablet wise.
    09-07-14 05:36 PM
    Just let it go. Enjoy the PlayBook as is.
    09-07-14 05:41 PM
    Just signed in, only 88 voices left to make it happen. Come on CrackBerry nation, we can do it!!

Posted via CB10
    nealjane1 likes this.
    09-07-14 05:48 PM
    Let it go, let it go
    Can't hold it back anymore
    Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door!
    djtim, anon(2313227) and CMinus001 like this.
    09-07-14 05:52 PM
    If it's a petition to have it fossilized, count me in! ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    09-07-14 05:53 PM
    I signed

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:44 PM
    So, you are hoping that a petition to a company which is struggling to keep afloat (and get their phones recognized in the market) is going to listen to a petition to drop everything and create a new tablet (especially considering the track record of their last attempt)? Let it go. Personally, I'm starting to realize that BB should indeed get out of the hardware market and focus on creating security/backend products to potentially be used by other hardware providers.
    09-08-14 08:04 AM
    BlackBerry Future looks good and I'm sure things are improving.
    It would be nice if Playbook was given another round of upgrading especially to BB10
    Lets Hope the company has tremendous success with the release of its future product to ensure
    a more productive,stable and profitable organization, maybe then the future of playbook will be more promising.
    BTW.....I Signed!
    nealjane1 likes this.
    09-08-14 09:05 AM
    It never hurts to sign the petition and hope.

Posted via CB10
    nealjane1 likes this.
    09-08-14 02:00 PM
    The petition for continued PlayBook Support was a great community effort, but still no official statement from BlackBerry concerning the future Support.

Still hoping for some kind of Support moving forward.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    09-08-14 02:28 PM
    This is still going? I was part of the effort and didn't even know. I thought that it ended a month after it was initiated.
    09-08-14 04:33 PM
    BlackBerry Future looks good and I'm sure things are improving.
    It would be nice if Playbook was given another round of upgrading especially to BB10
    Lets Hope the company has tremendous success with the release of its future product to ensure
    a more productive,stable and profitable organization, maybe then the future of playbook will be more promising.
    BTW.....I Signed!
    As someone said earlier, how can you expect BlackBerry, who is struggling to gain traction with their phones, divert their attention and money to the development of another tablet?

Blackberry always.....
    09-08-14 08:34 PM
    Isn't the hardware pretty
    much the same across platforms?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 08:42 PM
    Signed... proudly

Posted via CB10
    nealjane1 and axllebeer like this.
    09-08-14 11:38 PM
    What happened to the petition - was BlackBerry officially notified about it? To whom was it sent and when?
    09-09-14 03:39 AM
    What happened to the petition - was BlackBerry officially notified about it? To whom was it sent and when?
    We tried various ways to contact BlackBerry, phone, email, twitter...even raising a problem ticket ! The Petition itself is addressed to John Chen (email address). Unfortunately CrackBerry never supported us on this one.

The PlayBook community deserve an explanation from BlackBerry together with the recent shocking reports/leaks that suggest Blend will not be included on the PlayBook.

The PlayBook community is still here waiting for answers. Hope BlackBerry recognise our value. I think it's true to say that most BlackBerry enthusiasts have or have had a PlayBook or two. It's the only Tablet/Phone setup BlackBerry have available as advertised on the BlackBerry website worldwide.

09-09-14 05:54 AM
    The petition for continued PlayBook Support was a great community effort, but still no official statement from BlackBerry concerning the future Support.

Still hoping for some kind of Support moving forward.

Still no official statement? What??? Um, the previous CEO AND the current CEO said it's not going to happen! How much more official does it need to be? Who do people need to hear "the playbook is dead" from? Zeus? Buddha? FSM?
    09-09-14 06:53 AM
    As someone said earlier, how can you expect BlackBerry, who is struggling to gain traction with their phones, divert their attention and money to the development of another tablet?
    I've read this argument a lot over the last year, when trying to "berate" any initiative to get more work on the Playbook done or to create the near-magical Playbook 2. The argument seems solid, Blackberry indeed seems ill-equipped to plunge into the tablet market again, but we as Playbook users are basically the only ones who can truly convince them that such a move might be worthwhile. And as Playbook users we have every right to still be heard, even if hardly anyone still seems to be actually listening. When Thorsten Heins, in the wake of the "no BB10 for the Playbook" comedy, declared that he thought the days of the tablet were numbered, everyone here seemed to blindly accept that (even as if it were an explanation for the joke Blackberry played on the Playbook users in general) and this declaration seem to have stuck. In Blackberry land, that is, as tablets seem still to be thriving everywhere else.
    Personally and quite frankly, I don't need a Playbook 2. Blackberry has proven to be shockingly incapable of handling the Playbook, the aftermath of its demise and most importantly the user base. I don't care if they make nice smartphones (I never needed one), a company should be judged on its interaction with its customers for a very large part. Blackberry versus the Playbook users? I rest my case!
    09-09-14 07:05 AM
    I maintain, the PB needs an updated OS to make more compatible with OS 10 smartphones.
    Signed.
    09-09-14 07:37 AM
    If I were BB management I would want to know 2 things: 1) how many were sold to end users through retail and through business relationships and, 2) how many are still in active use. I suspect any reasonable estimate will reinforce the decision the PB is not anything to give more than a passing nod to. In fact, it might be interesting how many PBs are in use at BB vs other OS platforms tablets and even if the new guys are issued them.. It may be Mr. Chen has only seen it on a dusty shelf, or showcase or some old timer with one at a meeting.
    09-09-14 05:13 PM
    Just curious, but what happens when 1,000 signatures are obtained?
    09-09-14 05:42 PM

Blackberry always.....
    How in the he'll do you are anyone expect a company to gain traction on any device when they are to bullheaded to switch from slicks to monster mudder? There problems are self inflicted. I am going to predict the classic and passport is DOA here in the USA and it's like they don't really give a _hit. How many people in the world even know they made a table? Hmmm let's take two years to build a new OS based off the 9900 and Playbook. Let's not give support on our devices, let the carriers handle that. Let's not acknowledge we have a double typing problem with the Q10. Let's give one carrier exclusive on a device and not sell any of them. Let's, let's, let's, you know the rest of the story.
    09-09-14 06:17 PM
    I have two Playbooks and, like many others, know that Blackberry acted completely incompetently and irresponsibly regarding the Playbook.

That said, I **** on your petition.

Let it go.
    09-09-14 07:05 PM

That said, I **** on your petition.

Let it go.
    Well that was helpful.
    09-09-14 07:16 PM
28 12