08-04-18 12:43 AM
528 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I still use mine daily, read news on it TV Guide, have it paired with my Bose Wave for music and still play games on it. I love the calculator wish they would have it available for a PC, comes in handy pulling blueprints.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 08:39 PM
    It's a digital doorstop.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 01:06 PM
    I bought a 64 GB PB via Amazon for USD$199 and it holds all my ITunes music, tons of photos, super HD Video and books, link to my Google email, calendar, etc and the Wi-Fi is super fast. My only problem has been transferring data from a Windows 8 PC so I use my XP to for PB business. Except for that, there is nothing wrong with the Playbook. For 100 British Pounds - no brainer! I also have the Z10 and it's a wonderful phone, even getting some Android Apps.
    On a separate note, I am deeply disturbed about the state of BBRY - and it's all the previous managments fault. When the fish stinks, it starts from the head first...
    Seems your PB has fallen from grace then?
    03-26-16 06:48 PM
    If sideload doesnt work, stereotube from BB world still works fine for vide playlists.

Never sideload. Sounds like might be handy.
    03-27-16 09:15 PM
    I rarely use mine because the apps on it are pretty much abandonware. The web browser is too slow for even mobile sites, the Zinio app is buggy and has horrible text rendering, the stock email client is useless and K9 on the Android runtime is flaky, and Kalemsoft Media Player only works half the time with my DLNA server. I only use the PB for playing on-device media files and for reading e-books. My Android phone has a heck of a lot more functionality and my Windows tablet is a pocket desktop machine.

TLDR it's a doorstop
    03-27-16 10:12 PM
    I use mine as my video playback device for gym visits. I put it on the equipments little ledge (used for magazines or whatever) and use bluetooth headsets. One time I didn't have my bluetooth headset and I pulled the Playbook onto the ground from the plug in headsets. Fell about 4 ft, no scratch on it at all!.

I have noticed it has slowed down since I first bought it, even for simple websites. I feel like i need to do a full wipe and clean install of the OS at some point but works great as a video player!
    03-29-16 12:07 PM
    I agree the Web browser is slow but I've never had a problem with the email client. In fact, it works perfectly with the exchange server in the office, and unlike my iPad, I can edit my drafts.

For the calendar and email I find it great. Really only the Web browser is holding things back for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 05:21 PM
    My PlayBook is still my go-to device for all customer visits and travel.

All of my PDF service manuals and diagrams are on it (I use the paid PDF Reader app as opposed to the built in Adobe Reader), and with some of my customers cramming equipment into very small areas, the small footprint makes the device incredibly handy to use. Thanks to PlayCloud, I have access to Box, a sideload of the Android version of Evernote gives me access to all of those little notes I've jotted down over time. Plus it's a great email device when I can't quite get my Q10 out of my pocket, or when dealing with email attachments. I also have an RDP and SSH app which work beautifully for accessing servers without the need to pull my Thinkpad out of my bag.

For travel, the size again makes the tablet a great video and music player on the plane, or in the hotel room with an HDMI cable. Even at home, thanks to Kalemsoft I have access to all the movies and music I have on an SMB server.

It's getting a little old, and I may not use it for quite everything I did a few years ago, but it still serves the same core purposes that I bought it for a little over four years ago.
    03-30-16 08:27 AM
    I agree the Web browser is slow...
    Posted via CB10
    Have a go at using the Browser with JavaScript disabled... much faster an you get far fewer push advertising!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 05:26 PM
    Nope. In years. It's pretty much dead. I'll delete all the content soon and get rid of it. I'll probably throw it out soon enough...or give it to recycling...

Too bad. It was a good, well built device. But in true fashion, BlackBerry bungled up it's launch and then gave up on it. As always.

Remember all those promises to a free BB10 upgrade...yeah...hmm however did that work out?!

Now it's BB10 itself that is on it's way out...

Cartman says: Nothing Due To Censorship
    03-30-16 11:46 PM
    A PB kinda works for web browsing if you disable Javascript, which means getting a hobbled experience on most websites. Kalemsoft is too buggy for me, half the time it fails to see my home Plex server or the DLNA server running on my Android phone and it doesn't work with a lot of newer formats.

I'm done making excuses for a device that BB royally screwed up on. My cheap Windows tablet runs desktop programs like Firefox and VLC, has proper multitasking and longer battery life than my PB. I would still be using the PB if the OS and apps received continuous updates but as it is, it's a sad piece of forgotten tech.
    03-31-16 02:32 AM
    I put mine in to the wall to turn on and off light for a home automation project with a Raspberry Pi / kitchen lights

04-02-16 09:48 AM
    Oops, error repost
    04-02-16 12:07 PM
    I used to have one plugged into speakers as a music player, but I replaced it with a Raspberry Pi, so no.
    04-02-16 12:08 PM
    Just curious, and perhaps I'm a bit of a 'newb' because I never really adopted the Playbook until late in the game. How exactly do you use Bridge for viewing your photos? I know I can access all of my BB10 files through the PlayBook's file manager but this only allows me to open photos one at a time which is far more cumbersome than being able to scroll through them.

Is there any way to get this functionality or do you just open one photo at a time?

Thanks!
    Sorry for the late response, I had missed following this thread for a bit due to a crazy schedule.

To answer your question, once bridged, select Pictures from your home screen, select the album you want, press and hold the photo you want, a menu will slide from the right, select share , and when the options to share comes up, when bridged, your PB will be one of the top suggestions, select it and the photo will open on the PB.

There are several methods to get to Share, so use whichever you prefer.

As to opening several photos at once, I'm not sure it can be done now. On os7 we could, but with the reduced bridging functions of BB10, that feature seems to be gone. You might try sharing a whole folder or file and see if it will work that way. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    04-02-16 12:11 PM
    Every now and then. Still works like a charm!! Still the first battery...

BlackBerry Passport | 10.3.2.2836 | SQW100-1
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    04-02-16 01:05 PM
    I still use my Playbook almost daily when playing the guitar. Although the camera could be better (yet it still works well in its limitations) and the battery hold a bit longer it is still a good device. One day I noticed a unique feature with the Playbook: when the battery was at its last drop the battery symbol turned red and a very nice deep bell sound could be heard. That sound is one of my favourites at all!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 01:26 PM
    We have a number of them in our household - use them every day for music, radio and news access. They serve me well. I also use the KOBO e-reader app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    04-02-16 08:02 PM
    I just received my first brand new Playbook 32gb with LTE. So far I am loving the device. It's small but very portable. I have been reading the forums and getting some great advice. Bridged it to my Passport. May be slow to some but it appears to be pretty snappy. Any advice for any must have android apps to enhance the experience?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 08:04 PM
    Daily alarm clock and watching videos

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 11:53 PM
    I just received my first brand new Playbook 32gb with LTE.... Any advice for any must have android apps to enhance the experience?
    Posted via CB10
    C B Forums for BlackBerry PlayBook from BBW would be a recommended Android app to kick off with... Runs well and behaves as expected. Dolphin Browser would be another (for YouTube access).
    04-03-16 11:55 AM
    I'm using the Origami browser and the Dolphin browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 02:52 PM
    Thanks those were definite must have apps.. I've been loading bar files with some success. Any idea if the new MLB app will work with playbook, also the new NHL app?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 03:21 PM
    Just picked up a 64gb version. Can anyone tell me how to get android apps on this bad boy?

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    04-04-16 06:47 PM
    Music and video player at home and for travel (with HDMI cable to plug in hotel room's TV).
    Book reader, mostly on the road.
    Mail.
    Navigation.
    As long as above mentioned functions are done well, I'm happy with my PB.
    04-04-16 07:01 PM
528 ... 34567 ...