Have to wonder if there is a problem with the bluetooth radio. Can either device successfully maintain bluetooth connections with other bluetooth devices like a keyboard or speaker or does it lose connections with them as well?
    Posted via CB10
    In my experience, BT and WiFi seem to interfere with each other. BT is fine if you are not trying to concurrently stream something off the web, eg Radio or Video.
    08-30-16 05:16 PM
    I've continued to hold onto my playbook and use it from time to time because I liked the calculator with the history and I hadn't found something that was satisfactory on my iphone. Not too long ago I happened into a free calc app for my iphone that had the history function and the layout was good also. I was getting ready to consider putting the playbook up for sale and getting a few bucks for it. Then my wife's netbook died and I pulled out he playbook and looked on the forums here to see what I could have it do to see if there was some functionality that would help her because she didn't want to get another device at this point. I found that youtube videos played well with the adjusted orgami browser. It worked better than my old netbook. I ended up being able to get a parts computer on ebay very inexpensively and replaced the motherboard in my wife's netbook and its up working again, but I've been messing around with my playbook some and lightened it a bit and I am back to enjoying it again.

I stopped it getting emails. With it not getting email that helps quite a bit. It would load up a bunch of emails when I would start it up after plenty of time off so that got old. The OS is still terrific. The web browsing is kinda slow, but it is decent enough if I need to use it. I realize that with a cheap bluetooth keyboard its a lightweight option (compared to my netbook) that is plenty good for what I need as something more than my iphone when I am at work. I was actually considering getting a used Surface 2, but as this point I don't think its really needed. I'll keep using this old tech for a while longer.
    BoneMatrix and angelz9 like this.
    08-31-16 12:40 AM
    I use it every day as my Ebook reader and mp4 video player.

Posted via CB10
    AladarMezga likes this.
    08-31-16 11:54 AM
    Love,love, love my PlayBook for video and PDFs. I keep it next to my workstation for reference materials, and take it everywhere for self-paced learning with MOOCs such as edX. Sure, any tablet could do those things, but the PlayBook is perfect, especially with the charging stand. A benefit during lunch breaks is that, thanks to BlackBerry Bridge, I can maintain awareness of incoming emails without looking at my phone or stopping what I'm doing and getting distracted.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9984597) and BoneMatrix like this.
    09-06-16 11:31 AM
    I must be going BB crazy. I just bought a Playbook NIB on eBay just because I wanted to try one out so bad. I know it's not supported but I just want to try OS 10 so bad.
    09-11-16 01:11 AM
    I must be going BB crazy. I just bought a Playbook NIB on eBay just because I wanted to try one out so bad. I know it's not supported but I just want to try OS 10 so bad.
    Um. The PlayBook doesn't have OS10. It was released before BB10 was finished, and it cannot be upgraded.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 08:24 AM
    Um. The PlayBook doesn't have OS10. It was released before BB10 was finished, and it cannot be upgraded.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I meant the BB UI in general. I realize it's not OS 10 but is had similar features.
    09-11-16 09:00 AM
    Simply use putlocker.is

It's very playbook friendly

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 11:46 AM
    Yes, still works for me...

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 03:28 PM
    I still use mine primarily for games and an alarm clock. Still runs well. One problem is that once BB10 came out, I felt that the phones solidly outperformed the tablet.

Posted via CB10
    skilas and grover5 like this.
    09-11-16 03:47 PM
    Still use mine daily

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 10:50 PM
    I bought a new 32gb 4gLTE about 6 months ago brand new in box with the wrapping still on it. I use it every day for browsing and music. Love the alarm clock. It's small and handy to have around to bridge to my Passport for file sharing..

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 11:54 AM
    I just bought one to try. Yes my iPad mini is faster but Blackberry os is rather nice and refreshing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Is anyone still actively using their PlayBook?-1586.jpg  
    09-16-16 08:45 PM
    Threw mine out. Wasn't using it, charging port needed replacing. Just wasn't worth keeping or fixing.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 09:46 AM
    I bought 3 brand new PBs from ebay last week. Still brilliant device for its age.
    I'm using it every day, ebook reader, music, audiobooks, podcasts.

For video android sideloaded youtube app works with charm with HD videos and also keepvid.com is supported by native browser which works great with mp4.

(Bold9870 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10 )
    Joey Hutchison likes this.
    09-20-16 05:57 AM
    I use mine every day for school. I use it as an agenda, and put all my files in it. example projects.
    I use it for facebook,
    live tv with ustvnow.com or putlocker.is for movies.
    games- mine sweaper, tetris, traffic mania.
    music
    browsing
    and youtube....

playbook is not dead!
    grover5 and bigjman like this.
    09-22-16 07:33 PM
    I just recently downloaded Files and Folders paid version from Playbook app store. Planning to use it with my Playbook as a photo frame. I figure I'll setup a robocopy script to automatically copy a few hundred different photos to it every few days, or maybe just load it up with 10Gs worth of photos at a time. Files and Folders slideshow function with also the keep screen alive setting is the only way that I have found to be able to display through a continuous loop of photos on the Playbook forever while also keeping the screen on.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    09-22-16 07:57 PM
    I also use my Playbook to keep a few extra email accounts active, ones that I rarely use.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    09-22-16 07:58 PM
    Yes. 15 and 64 g. Movies, tunes, surfing email. Still smooth and crisp images.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 01:19 AM
    I have two. Great for watching videos, ebooks, email. I'll get rid of mine when they stop working.
    09-23-16 12:30 PM
    I had forgotten sometime ago I downloaded Easy Tube to watch you tube videos. Long story short I just realized how to search for videos and this app is wonderful on the Playbook. I had been watching You Tube on my android tablet with bad sound and video quality. I hated trying to watch videos and often times would give up and do something else. I also have a Surface pro4 which has terrible glare trying to view outdoors and not as portable as the Playbook. I'd say my playbook will be getting a lot more use as time goes on.

Posted Via My Great Passport
    09-26-16 07:36 PM
    Still use PB 64GB, mainly bridged to Bold 9790 as my plan doesn't allow a phone wifi hostspot. Still brilliant particularly as it doesn't keep trying to update the apps, as my Android tablet does.

Only real problem is I can no longer get gmail in the browsers and Messages only works with wifi and not bridge. Tried all the usual solutions. I find long emails get truncated in phone and on PB using the Bridge messages.

Any solution would be welcome.
    09-27-16 09:55 AM
    Instead of WiFi hotspot, have you tried Bluetooth Tethering your PB to your phone to get an Internet service?
    09-27-16 12:34 PM
    Still cool i love the heft of it! Docked on its charger its my music player and still sounds great imho. + i occasionally watch movies on it.
    dmlis likes this.
    10-05-16 10:03 AM
    I still use it for taking photographs, video and watching video's especially my Lynda.com videos or other training videos that I put on. I am just challenged for I no longer have a Blackberry Phone. I had a Z10 but it was stolen here in the Philippines and I really still feel betrayed by Blackberry in general for I bought a Playbook at full price knowing it was not complete but believing in the company I had supported for over a decade. I even had a friend offer to by me an iPad instead of me buying a Playbook but I stuck with Blackberry and they failed with their phones (camera sucked in the Z10 compared to my Samsung). They abandoned Playbook and I have never gotten that bad taste out of my mouth.

My Playbook seems to hang or type letters very slow sometimes but it is wonderful to watch training videos once I pulled out an old computer running Windows 7 verses 8 so I could install the correct software to communicate between my computer and Playbook.

Now I am trying to remember how to install software because Google refused to allow me to access my email from the device for it says it is a security risk and I am assuming because the software is outdated. Plus I tried to log into my Blackberry ID but it never connects. I can log-in via my computer but my Playbook never connects. If anyone can tell me how I can replace old apps and install other apps onto my Playbook you might provide other uses for it and I would be grateful.
    10-06-16 08:22 AM
685 ... 89101112 ...