Firing it up. I got the 64gb version. Thinking bout getting rid of it
    At this point not sure you can get rid of it... other than to a recycler.

First thing I'd do before giving or selling a device would be to wipe it. But with activation down that means it's a paper weight.
    09-23-19 10:15 AM
    Firing it up. I got the 64gb version. Thinking bout getting rid of it
    Send it my way.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-19 08:32 PM
    Same here! I'm also finding that Youtube works a lot better than it used to in Origami browser. Seems like the mobile site was redesigned to be more responsive. PB still a champ in these areas, and the speakers are incredible. (As much as I like our Kindle Fire, any time I use it I'm depressed by the sound.)
    I tinkered with one of mine last couple of days. Shrank the OS... I guess it's sorta faster?! Anyways... how do you watch the mobile version of YouTube? Also, I hate how the full version site doesn't allow you to watch full screen videos. UGH.
    10-28-19 10:57 AM
    I think I can use it for other stuff... but never do. What I do use it for is a clock using Flipclock app.
    10-28-19 10:59 AM
    Every once in a while I end up buying a few more playboks when I get them cheap on ebay. After reading some of the recent posts on this forum I decided I should probably try and add as many apps from BB World as I can. I've been trying out some of the games and really enjoying the experience. For some things including viewing my digital photos the playbook just is more enjoyable to use than other cheap tablets I have. I've started having one again in my work bag.
    11-07-19 03:56 PM
    I still take it with me on trips. Great music player, excellent for downloaded videos and even Stereotube works great for Youtube. Email works just fine.

Only the browser is a piece of junk, but since the PlayBook has never been a phone, I have one with me for web use anyways

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-13-19 09:22 PM
    Nice to see there are still people here. Is there any app that will just let it act like an extra screen? preferably in Linux.
    Is there anyone we can threaten the life of, to unlock the bootloaber and let use this device?
    11-15-19 12:18 AM
    I still take it with me on trips. Great music player, excellent for downloaded videos and even Stereotube works great for Youtube. Email works just fine.

Only the browser is a piece of junk, but since the PlayBook has never been a phone, I have one with me for web use anyways

Posted via CB10
    I have a playbook that works as a phone it's the 32gb LTE version. Want to buy one? I only have one left
    11-15-19 12:35 AM
    I have a playbook that works as a phone it's the 32gb LTE version. Want to buy one? I only have one left
    I like mine and won't part with it. But I don't love it enough to acquire a new one! It's probably worth about $5 to me. Send it over if you want :-).
    11-16-19 10:46 AM
    PM me please
    01-17-20 09:25 AM
    ...if you can get your mitts on either the dock with the magnetic charger points or the separate magnetic charger (both are high amp/speed) and let it sit on that charger for a bit it will eventually come back...forgot that I had one and was given another, both hadn't been used in years...neither would charge via the USB...but both are now operational after a good charge on the dock....I also have the separate high speed/amp magnetic charger as well that I have to use on my daughter's PlayBook as the USB is broken...(have some new ports, just have to fix it).

Posted via CB10
    01-17-20 09:52 AM
    I like mine and won't part with it. But I don't love it enough to acquire a new one! It's probably worth about $5 to me. Send it over if you want :-).
    If you have it, and hate to see it go to waste... yes there are a few uses that it can be put too. But I agree, buying one at this point isn't worth it at all.
    01-17-20 10:20 AM
    Rediscovered my old Playbook and am using it regularly. Mostly as a video player (wifi copy of files from server) and as a Squeezebox front end via Music2touch app. Of course just for Youtube audio it is very good. Am just having issues with using it for reading because of an annoying intermittent flicker. No disappointment. Only pleasant surprises...

Pass(ion)Port!
    02-06-20 07:10 AM
    I would love to, but it was in my backpack and it locked out as the password got entered too many times incorrectly. I tried to reset it to factory settings but all the icons are gone now except 2 of them. One is the browser and the other is the setup tool.
    02-06-20 03:21 PM
    I would love to, but it was in my backpack and it locked out as the password got entered too many times incorrectly. I tried to reset it to factory settings but all the icons are gone now except 2 of them. One is the browser and the other is the setup tool.
    LINK > Reinstall the OS....

I taught about resetting mine up before the supposed end of BBW... just wasn't worth the time.
    Phillip st likes this.
    02-06-20 03:38 PM
    I only disappoint about the fact it hasn't got any USB OTG and since DropBox app stoped working I don't know how to copy my files from the pc to my playbook and I need to connect it by wire.
    02-12-20 08:27 AM
    Hauled it out yesterday. Charged it an managed to remember my password. Forgot how many awesome legacy games I had on it! Still works like a champ.
    02-17-20 11:58 AM
    Still use mine almost daily. I don't have a remote for my roku so I use the clicker app to control my roku, and it's also great for general Web browsing, watching youtube, and reading reddit.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-20 10:14 AM
    ... it's also great for general Web browsing, watching youtube...
    Are we talking about the same PlayBook???
    I'm pretty lenient when it comes to my PlayBook but even I have to acknowledge "general Web browsing " is pretty difficult to use these days. Most sites don't render at all and those that do generally are an exercise in patience waiting for it to come up.
    There are some nice exceptions of course (e.g. Outlook) but those are rare now.

And what are you using for Youtube? It kind of works for me in the browser but every video automatically jumps to maximum volume every time, despite what it is set to.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-20 07:01 PM
    I get what you mean about websites, honestly I've just gotten lucky since most of the websites I browse load just fine for the most part. And for youtube i use origami browser in mobile view, videos load just fine that way but you can't fullscreen them.
    02-28-20 08:59 AM
    I bought two dead playbooks 64GB awfully cheap and after few minutes on generic 12V charger wired to magnetic connectors they both work as a charm. After installing Neutron i got best music experience ipad owner can only dream of. But the weak spot is browser indeed, so I found my old friend back from good old days when I got Galaxy Tab - its totally minimal and works as a charm - Quicker than anything I saw on playbook - YouTube works fine - some https pages still dont open thou...
    Naked Browser
    naked browser Android

Download apk and then head to https://apps.goodereader.com/apk-2-bar/ and sideload bar to your playbook.

I am searching for a safe solution for file transfer on Windows10 without having to turn on and off insecure smb1 protocol.
    Is there any file manager that has this feature build-in?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-06-20 01:40 PM
    I bought two dead playbooks 64GB awfully cheap and after few minutes on generic 12V charger wired to magnetic connectors they both work as a charm. After installing Neutron i got best music experience ipad owner can only dream of. But the weak spot is browser indeed, so I found my old friend back from good old days when I got Galaxy Tab - its totally minimal and works as a charm - Quicker than anything I saw on playbook - YouTube works fine - some https pages still dont open thou...
    Naked Browser
    naked browser Android

Download apk and then head to https://apps.goodereader.com/apk-2-bar/ and sideload bar to your playbook.

I am searching for a safe solution for file transfer on Windows10 without having to turn on and off insecure smb1 protocol.
    Is there any file manager that has this feature build-in?
    How about the built in WiFi file transfer feature?
    03-06-20 01:53 PM
    How about the built in WiFi file transfer feature?
    Isn't that one-way only? From PC to Playbook but not back?
    03-06-20 01:55 PM
    Isn't that one-way only? From PC to Playbook but not back?
    Works both ways! You just enable WiFi sharing on the PB itself, look up the IP address under About in Settings, then type that in as a network share (ex. in Windows, \\192.168.0.151), sign in with the device's username/password (identification on network under the Storage settings), and then the PB appears like a network drive. From there, you can do two way file operations, np. You're limited by constraints of WiFi speed, of course, but it's an option if enabling SMB1 is not.
    03-06-20 02:07 PM
    Works both ways! You just enable WiFi sharing on the PB itself, look up the IP address under About in Settings, then type that in as a network share (ex. in Windows, \\192.168.0.151), sign in with the device's username/password (identification on network under the Storage settings), and then the PB appears like a network drive. From there, you can do two way file operations, np. You're limited by constraints of WiFi speed, of course, but it's an option if enabling SMB1 is not.
    Right right...I meant that there's no way to send files from the Playbook itself, as in using the device directly to Windows (say, on the go). Although as I think about it there may be some ways to do that as well using certain cloud storage apps...but yes, you definitely can transfer files back and forth using the Windows machine.
    03-06-20 02:09 PM
685 ... 2425262728