I loaded mine up with movies, music and games and took it to Taiwan with me when I went to visit my brother. Worked well as a travelling tablet and did what I needed it to do.
    05-30-19 07:04 AM
    It's truly staggering that some people are still using this little tablet. I'm actually one of them as well.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel 2
    06-12-19 10:09 PM
    It's truly staggering that some people are still using this little tablet. I'm actually one of them as well.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel 2
    I still use mine for music and streaming video through Kalemsoft. The CB app still works haha.

--sent from my Playbook
    06-12-19 10:47 PM
    I still use mine for music and streaming video through Kalemsoft. The CB app still works haha.

--sent from my Playbook
    Same here! I'm also finding that Youtube works a lot better than it used to in Origami browser. Seems like the mobile site was redesigned to be more responsive. PB still a champ in these areas, and the speakers are incredible. (As much as I like our Kindle Fire, any time I use it I'm depressed by the sound.)
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-13-19 02:40 PM
    So I just dug out one of my 2 64gb playbooks which have been packed away for years - all I really want is for it to display time and outside temp. I have it in a dock on my desk. For now I'm using an app called "todays alarm clock" but the weather functions don't seem to work.

Oh, and I use it to remote control my GoPro on rare occasions.
    06-19-19 01:04 PM
    Yes. Very actively.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-19 02:49 PM

--sent from my Playbook
    How do I get that Kalemsoft software?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-19 02:51 PM
    How do I get that Kalemsoft software?

Posted via CB10
    It's a paid app and can no longer be bought in BBW. However, it is available here: KalemSoft - Store
    06-20-19 03:02 PM
    It's a paid app and can no longer be bought in BBW. However, it is available here: KalemSoft - Store
    Let's say I buy it. How do I get the thing I paid for onto the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-19 03:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know as I purchased the app from BBW years ago. You will probably have to ask the dev (maybe with an email) but it will most likely be a .bar file sent by email or a link where you can download to a PC then sideload onto your PlayBook. For what it's worth, Kalemsoft is probably the best media player I have ever used.
    06-20-19 03:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh - just noticed that there is a Demo version on that download site I gave above. Just click on the PlayBook v 2.6.0 , download the demo and try it out. Maybe there will be further instructions for the full version?

By the way, the streamer for your Windows PC is also on that download page.
    06-20-19 03:43 PM
    Probably be something like that. I will see what I make of it tomorrow when I get up in the morning and share what went then.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-19 04:19 PM
    Sorry have not had the time to play around with this. As I have just lost 2 1/2 hours trying to install this Dukto thing on the tablet. Now that I finally did it I can't figure out how to pair the thing to the smartphone. Most of the pain came from that sachesi thing repeatedly asking for a password until I got the idea of trying a newer version of this thing. Which then installed and ran but that was it. Now I have to figure out a way how to use it.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-19 04:30 AM
    I'm still using it but with some lacks and I hope someone will help me to solve them!
    1) I can't surf the internet that the Blackberry Id authentication pop-ups every minute and makes the tablet unusable! I tried to fill it with the CORRECT data but it is been refused...maybe because BB switched off everything about Playbook
    2) Till few months ago I was using a very old version of Dropbox to download files into it. Now it doesn't work anymore (it's like if internet wasn't available but it is!). So no dropbox anymore.
    3) I use Book reader (com.untangleddev.BookReader) to read epub files but it works sometime and sometime no
    4) Pdf are PERFECTLY read

Anyway, I recently bought a Ravpower FileHub but I can't manage to make it working on PB: I tried the original app (converted to bar) and doesn't work; I tried ES File Explorer to connect to the ip (as I did on Windows, I think it's Samba) and it didn't work either...
    Last edited by nimelano; 06-26-19 at 01:25 PM.
    06-26-19 01:14 PM
    ..and just in case, offline GPS maps.
    How did you set offline maps into the Playbook?
    06-26-19 01:21 PM
    1) I can't surf the internet that the Blackberry Id authentication pop-ups every minute and makes the tablet unusable! I tried to fill it with the CORRECT data but it is been refused...maybe because BB switched off everything about Playbook
    2) Till few months ago I was using a very old version of Dropbox to download files into it. Now it doesn't work anymore (it's like if internet wasn't available but it is!). So no dropbox anymore.
    3) I use Book reader (com.untangleddev.BookReader) to read epub files but it works sometime and sometime no
    1. Surfing the internet on the PlayBook is kinda like going to the dentist for a tooth pull these days. If you must torture yourself, find an old android browser (DuckDuckGo ver. 3.0.14) and use that.

2. Android DropBox ver 2.3 still works on my PlayBook.

3. Playepub Book Reader is in BBW, works beautifully, and the paid version has kindly been available from the dev. It's an excellent app.

Good Luck to you!
    06-26-19 01:44 PM
    Magellan Compass was my first choice. I used it in my trips frequently and did not regret. The only issue was its sensitivity to large cache size. Anything over 500-600 MB and it could crash or freeze. So my solution was to clean the cache and to keep only the maps necessary for the current/next trip.
    Note: I did not use since 2014 or early 2015 so can not say if it is workable today.
    07-04-19 04:16 PM
    How did you set offline maps into the Playbook?
    In my case, OsmAnd. I dunno if the freebie version is still available. It might be.
    Unbelievably it still actually worked for me a few months ago while on a cruise. Even stuck in my cabin with just a port hole to the outside world, it eventually locked onto GPS and I could 'see' us zooming past the various islands in real time on the map.
    07-09-19 04:33 PM
    Just scored an Otterbox for my PB. Looks and feels great! Now I can take it travelling without fear.
    Attached Thumbnails Is anyone still actively using their PlayBook?-524df1a6-e0e9-486e-83bf-2ccc20b03883.jpg  
    zer0ten, dmlis and Bacon Munchers like this.
    07-10-19 06:27 PM
    Just scored an Otterbox for my PB. Looks and feels great! Now I can take it travelling without fear.
    That looks really nice. Display it with pride!
    Dave Clark5 likes this.
    07-10-19 08:32 PM
    So I just dug out one of my 2 64gb playbooks which have been packed away for years - all I really want is for it to display time and outside temp. I have it in a dock on my desk. For now I'm using an app called "todays alarm clock" but the weather functions don't seem to work.

Oh, and I use it to remote control my GoPro on rare occasions.
    I’m just trying to get mine re-fired after several years of sitting idle. All I can get is the red LED for 10 seconds followed by 5 flashing yellows, then back to black. Tried stack charging for about an hour (1 minute on, 1 second off), but that got me nowhere. I’ve got it sitting on the charger now for lack of any other ideas. How did you manage to get yours started after all that time?
    08-17-19 12:14 PM
    I’m just trying to get mine re-fired after several years of sitting idle. All I can get is the red LED for 10 seconds followed by 5 flashing yellows, then back to black. Tried stack charging for about an hour (1 minute on, 1 second off), but that got me nowhere. I’ve got it sitting on the charger now for lack of any other ideas. How did you manage to get yours started after all that time?
    Nothing special really. I have the desktop charging dock, I just put it in the dock and let it charge for a few hours before even trying to do anything.
    08-18-19 06:02 PM
    Still using mine to play music through my car's aux cable
    09-14-19 06:44 AM
    Firing it up. I got the 64gb version. Thinking bout getting rid of it
    09-22-19 08:43 AM
    Firing it up. I got the 64gb version. Thinking bout getting rid of it
    Were you successful with the boot up?
    09-22-19 12:53 PM
685 ... 2324252627 ...