I am still using it. Just find it annoying some video formats need the video player external app. Love the hardware and how videos continue playing within minimised app windows.
    11-09-18 07:05 AM
    Didn't think so but wanted to confirm before it goes in Tuesday's garbage.
    Would you be willing to sell it?
    11-09-18 07:05 AM
    wow this thread is still alive? I recently noticed a 16gb PB sell for $20 Cdn. 32GB PB for $45, 64 for $60 and a 32GB LTE (with Sim) $75
    Interesting. eBay?
    11-09-18 07:08 AM
    Sure
    11-09-18 07:52 AM
    Sure
    Thank you. Must have a look
    11-09-18 03:05 PM
    Without posting contact info here, how do we do that?
    11-10-18 07:40 AM
    I just got a PlayBook from a friend. It's security wiped so that I have to set it up completely from the beginning, but it seems, that it's not possible to activate it. I even tried it with an Autoloader, but this didn't work either. So any ideas how to activate it? I've also tried the solution with waiting a couple of minutes, before tapping "retry", but still, no luck...
    Maybe someone can help me?

Thanks
    11-13-18 02:03 PM
    I just got a PlayBook from a friend. It's security wiped so that I have to set it up completely from the beginning, but it seems, that it's not possible to activate it. I even tried it with an Autoloader, but this didn't work either. So any ideas how to activate it? I've also tried the solution with waiting a couple of minutes, before tapping "retry", but still, no luck...
    Maybe someone can help me?

Thanks
    Hey quaint

Try to use two WiFi networks for activating. I had that issue before and I know is sounds bizarre but it somehow tricked activation process.

Cheers
    A
    11-26-18 03:22 PM
    Hey quaint

Try to use two WiFi networks for activating. I had that issue before and I know is sounds bizarre but it somehow tricked activation process.

Cheers
    A
    Hey AladarMezga,

Thanks a lot for your reply. But it has already been solved by now, so that it's no problem to activate it anymore.
    In this thread it has been announced: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13311620

So now it works fine again

Best regards

Quaint
    11-27-18 05:15 AM
    Haven't used mine for a few months the browser became too slow, might turn it on again soon I miss it and it's the only tablet I have, tho I now use my passport as a? Mini tablet as it doesn't work with sim anymore.

Swiped on my Passport!
    11-30-18 01:24 PM
    Try the BeClock app. Should be used with a charging dock. I now use it as a desktop clock or for watching videos.
    12-11-18 05:35 PM
    Still using both of our PBs as bookreaders, for email while reading, use Origami, Dolphin or Simple browser. But many sites don't load. But useful for quick lookup while reading. For book reading, Kobo app still works. We have a couple of other readers that also work, but only if we can get drm free epubs. Overdrive no longer works (even sideloaded android version). I have a work around, but is cumbersome.
    Now I have learned how to sideload, is there a list somewhere of android apps that are known to work well on the PB?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-12-18 09:03 PM
    Yep! Just downloaded bridge to sync my new Passport to it. Love the playbook. My bold 9900 wasn't doing so well with bridge anymore but hoping the Passport gets me more life out of it.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-18 11:20 PM
    Stereo Tube, Neutron Music Player - almost daily when I'm home.
    And occasional Kindle reading, occasional email checking.
    I don't travel often today, but when I did earlier, my PB was my companion. Besides functions mentioned, it was good to keep some stored videos on hotel TV via HDMI.
    01-30-19 05:35 PM
    I have 2 PBs still in use. My 64g one is my main portable music use device. I record violin practices and our ensemble performances for critique and correction, due to the still amazing stereo mikes and the Wolfson WM8994E audio chip. Other musicians are still amazed at the accuracy and sound of the tracks I play back, only Flac, especially when played through an amp and quality external speakers. That's why I still have thousands of tracks still on it and the card. I also still use it for my lesson presentations for a couple of classes I teach.

The other PB is my main reader (Kobo) and my moving map display for my motorcycle as I still have gigs of topo and trail maps still on it from years ago, which are still working just fine.

Although I now have a couple of other tablets for for work and entertainment, the PB has been and will probably always be my favorite tablet.
    01-30-19 06:53 PM
    ... That's why I still have thousands of tracks still on it and the card...
    What do you mean "and on the card"? Is that PB hooked up to some sort of memory card?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    01-30-19 09:03 PM
    my clock/alarm and died, it's disappeared, which is a bummer. I think it happened after it was accidentally left on when I wasn't home. years ago recording audio and the video died. but it's great at playing music or videos. now that I have another tablet, not sure what I'm going to do with the PlayBook. it will run BeClock...
    01-30-19 10:10 PM
    What do you mean "and on the card"? Is that PB hooked up to some sort of memory card?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Sorry, I wish. I was referring to a card I have a lot of my Flac and lossless tracks on that I swap back and forth on the PB with using my music server.
    02-01-19 03:43 PM
    ... due to the still amazing stereo mikes and the Wolfson WM8994E audio chip. Other musicians are still amazed at the accuracy and sound of the tracks I play back, only Flac, especially when played through an amp and quality external speakers....
    Yes to this day I've still not heard better audio coming out of any tablet or even laptop I think.
    I am not sure what it is but even playing just through the built in speakers, every time it's like I'm hearing a different song when I go through the PlayBook. It's more than loud enough but everything sounds so crisp and clear.

...and it makes for a great movie player when I'm travelling...

Posted via CB10
    02-02-19 09:31 PM
    Yes to this day I've still not heard better audio coming out of any tablet or even laptop I think.
    I am not sure what it is but even playing just through the built in speakers, every time it's like I'm hearing a different song when I go through the PlayBook. It's more than loud enough but everything sounds so crisp and clear.

...and it makes for a great movie player when I'm travelling...

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Haven't come across better speakers in a mobile device.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench and dmlis like this.
    02-02-19 10:18 PM
    fired mine up last week for kicks. works great. glad I still have it
    02-02-19 11:30 PM
    Regarding the audio quality...
    I have been inspired by one of Crackberry members who used PB for street music recordings (watch/listen his works at YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrT...eKmEw/featured). So I began to use my PB for the same purpose - to record performances of street musicians.
    02-03-19 10:59 AM
    Thanks for the info on the stereo speakers and the recording quality.

What app are you using for the street recordings? Is there an app preferable to the video recording function that comes with the built in camera app? If one only one wants the audio and wants to keep the files small, I would think the video recording function would not be preferable.

For those of us with older PBs, whose original batteries are not in optimal shape, and haven't gotten around to replacing the batteries, probably best to attach an external battery to the PB if we're going to engage in outside recording.
    02-08-19 03:53 PM
    I just recharged mine to use for open courses are videos during my subway commute, because my iPad is a pain for actually downloading videos to local storage in comparison.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    anon(5597702) and bbfanfan like this.
    02-08-19 03:56 PM
    Finally found a 32gb at a thrift store to replace my long dead Playbook. Was able to wipe it and register it (took about a dozen tries) so all good so far.

Tried registering my Yahoo mail account but it kept coming back with the registration error. Rats. So this morning the red light is flashing, meaning I have mail--- it started working on its own. Until about noon, now it stopped again, saying unable to authenticate. Outgoing a different story... it can send messages fine! Weird.
    02-08-19 05:28 PM
685 ... 2122232425 ...